It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What countries have the best militaries?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Let us say that World War III broke out tomorrow. What militaries would be at the top?




posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
lets face it US best technology
PLA strength of numbers
India , Russia ,EU somewhere in between on both counts.
in the end it depends where WW3 starts and how it progresses?



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
theres a book written about this..

the authour gives a number to each person.

eg. america = 15 points per person x the number of people serving in the army.

america ened up with the whole world combined

then china was second.

then it was israel.

PS: i'll try find the book tomorrow



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
USA... with it's biggest navy, high tech airforce, and strong army...
the EU got a good navy and a pretty good airforce.
China got its biggest airforce (# of cheap rip-off planes) and a hugh army and the amount of people can join the army. Russia got it's hugh amount of nukes... but thats pretty much it of what russia have lol. Theres india with a pretty good army. then theres the rest of the world which is no match for any of these list above lol



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
china does not just have masses of infantry men.

it has 258,000 men that approch american standard equipment. they are called Rapid Reaction Units.(not including special forces.)

www.sinodefence.com...

by 2010 china is going to deploy more than 720 fourth generation fighters.
a huge leap from 1990 where chinas most advanced fighter was the mig-21.

The PLA is in the middle of reform from a huge infantry organisation to a more even one. In 5-10 years you will see a brand new smaller PLA.



The russian army still maintains a very large armour force.they still 21,870 tanks. but the operational status of them is suspect.

also a large navy and a good airforce.

PS: i would like to mention that china has a very capable brown/green water navy.

and china licensed produced those planes.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
china does not just have masses of infantry men.

it has 258,000 men that approch american standard equipment. they are called Rapid Reaction Units.(not including special forces.)

www.sinodefence.com...

by 2010 china is going to deploy more than 720 fourth generation fighters.
a huge leap from 1990 where chinas most advanced fighter was the mig-21.

The PLA is in the middle of reform from a huge infantry organisation to a more even one. In 5-10 years you will see a brand new smaller PLA.



The russian army still maintains a very large armour force.they still 21,870 tanks. but the operational status of them is suspect.

also a large navy and a good airforce.

PS: i would like to mention that china has a very capable brown/green water navy.

and china licensed produced those planes.


cool... wonder what they will use it one... and china's navy is not that good, 3 US carrier battlegroups should be enough to take care of them... for now, maybe not in the future. and by the way, they steal tech when ever they can! thats is not a good military, make their own tech man...



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i would say the Uk but after reports of how the current administration has flushed our millitary down the loo i no longer believe that.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It isn't that easy just to make something...only since the 1990s did China actually start coming out and trade with the world and Russia. If you are going to send carrier battlegroups, be careful. China has a very capable green/brown water navy, not very good force projection like the US navy or other blue water navies, but it will be hard trying to blockcade China, since its short legged yet effective navy will be a fair match for the US navy. Besides, it is always more dangerous and require more strength while making the carrier more vunerable when attacking, especially half way around the world.

China is already working on making a carrier. They should finish making one by 2008, and get a blue water navy. China currently does not have the power projection capabilites to take on blue water navies in other countries' seas, but if any other countries try to attack China from the seas, it will be a tough fight.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

cool... wonder what they will use it one... and china's navy is not that good, 3 US carrier battlegroups should be enough to take care of them... for now, maybe not in the future. and by the way, they steal tech when ever they can! thats is not a good military, make their own tech man...


Steal tech..?

i wonder if your american. news articles that cant explain how china got the tech always say china stole/reverse engineerd it.

think about those accusations about china stealing american nuclear missile warheads. how much chinese nationals would america allow in americas most secret military organisatioin??

MIG-21
MIG-19
MIG-17
SU-27

they are all lisenced produced aircraft... find any edvidence to says its reverse engineered. i got the most reliable source that say its licensed produced.


Many countries use imported military systems. does it make it a bad military?
a world class airforce like the israelie airforce uses american planes. does it make it a bad airforce?

Tanks..

T-59 licensed produced.
T-69/79 modest uprages of T-59

From then on chinese still had soviet style designs but not soviet tanks.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
ONLY 3 US carrier battle groups


thats not enough..sarcasim

name any country capable of taking on 3 US battle groups. they have more aircraft then most nations..

Nobodys comparing china to america. 30-65billion budget to a 400+billion budget. it just doesn't add up.

.Anyway think about launching 8 groups of 30 aircraft. 4 waves of them 1 hour between waves. 40 of them being su-27/su-30s

while 20-30 submarines are launching their missiles and 5-6 destroyers also launching Anti-ship missiles.

how much fighters does 3 american carrier goups hold and how fast can they deploy them from their limited sapce?



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am thinking maybe around 50 takeoffs an hour, provided there is no need for landing and refuelling and other stuff. American carriers carry around 60-100 aircraft.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i know they carry lots of fighters but how much for interceptor/fighters?



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
20-30 Subs? China doesn't even have that many subs and if they did I doubt any of them would be effective in blue water where you would find our carriers and our attack subs.
Not to mention the 6 guided missile destroyers and 6 cruises that would be protecting 3 carrier battle groups, combined with about 210 USN fighters.

Listen if WWIII broke out were all screwed because you know someone is going to resort to nukes. And chinawhite China’s official figure of 65B a year on its military is BS its actual figure is higher than that.

There is a reason why threads like these are not allowed on ATS because we all know how they will end up.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
20-30 Subs? China doesn't even have that many subs and if they did I doubt any of them would be effective in blue water where you would find our carriers and our attack subs.
Not to mention the 6 guided missile destroyers and 6 cruises that would be protecting 3 carrier battle groups, combined with about 210 USN fighters.

Listen if WWIII broke out were all screwed because you know someone is going to resort to nukes. And chinawhite China’s official figure of 65B a year on its military is BS its actual figure is higher than that.

There is a reason why threads like these are not allowed on ATS because we all know how they will end up.


chinas offical figure is 30billion. CIA figure is 65billion the higst estimation

china has 72 subs


240 attacking aircraft an hour



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

china has 72 subs


Yes but 75 percent of those subs are crap and out of the remaining only about 8 of its subs are capable of competing in blue water. China would not risk half or more of its sub force to just 3 carriers.

And can someone tell me how many J-9’s J-10’s and SU-30’s China has in operation.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ten years ago I would have said that Russia was number 2 hands down. But, it's a sad thing to see the former Soviet power slowly rust away. As much as we feared them, we espected them just as much. Now, they can't really even do the job tasked to them, the Army is underfunded, their Air Force is grounded most of the time, and the Navy is rusting into a nuclear ecological disaster waiting to happen.

In terms of military power oner must look into the terms of the battle.

In terms of defensive strength, nothing beats the PLA. China is a monolith that could never truly be defeated. Sheer numbers are key in holding territory. We have enough problems holding down 20,000 or so insurgents, China is capable of 20 times that number.

In terms of defense, The US and Russia still stand 2 and 3 in terms of technology and nukes.

4 ? Let's put Britain and France there in no particular order.

6 is India, especially in the near future.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   


The russian army still maintains a very large armour force.they still 21,870 tanks.


This is bollocks. The largest tank force currently in the world is China with about 8000 tanks.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK_05_XM29


The russian army still maintains a very large armour force.they still 21,870 tanks.


This is bollocks. The largest tank force currently in the world is China with about 8000 tanks.


actually its still Russia even after the breakup of the Soviet Union, they like to keep the old tanks in storage so it still counts.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sorry, I just saw it in the Guiness Book of Records. I humbly apologise.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Okay, I don't know much about the militaries of the world. Here are a couple of questions. What kind of planes does China's airforce have and how do they compare to planes the US has used or still uses? Also, how many tanks does the US claim to have?







 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join