It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufos/aliens and religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
i have been studying these subjects for most of my life and do much research on the study of ufology. warning ... i'm not trying to offend people with religious beliefs. as i have alwaysthought solid proof of an alien race would debunk any and all religions. prooving that we are from another life form. i have seen the videos and clips of Yahweh. one person stated that religion is the opiate of the masses. meaning that religion was fabricated by humans. my question is how do ufo's/aliens tie in with religion. i always thought they were to very seperate things . again i'm not trying to make anybody mad i'm just wondering what the relation is .

...REPLY WITH RESPECT...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by f23ghost
i have been studying these subjects for most of my life and do much research on the study of ufology. warning ... i'm not trying to offend people with religious beliefs. as i have alwaysthought solid proof of an alien race would debunk any and all religions. prooving that we are from another life form. i have seen the videos and clips of Yahweh. one person stated that religion is the opiate of the masses. meaning that religion was fabricated by humans. my question is how do ufo's/aliens tie in with religion. i always thought they were to very seperate things . again i'm not trying to make anybody mad i'm just wondering what the relation is .

...REPLY WITH RESPECT...

One theory was dating back to the ancient egyptians being the time when Alien/Gods interaction with humans was cut off, before then ancient civilisations did interact with the Aliens but knew them as Gods, that was their religion.

The Egyptians apparently lived amongst an Alien population, with the Aliens being considered the high class and Gods. There was suppose to be thousands of them, thousands of Gods and people could interact with them. I don't know what they looked like but i don't think they were meant to be Grays or Reptilians, i think they were pretty normal looking but definable still.

Then it got to much as people started questioning and demandind things from these Gods so they stopped associating with the people and seperated themselves from their life. They only delt with Pharaohs and then eventually, they only delt with designated 'middle men' who were known as the 'high priests'.

Basically, once the Priests were the only ones who had access to both the human population and the Alien lifeform, religion began as the priests dictated the 'Gods' wishes to the people.

These priests became brotherhood organisations and religious texts were created to reach the masses and teach them about the Gods. The stories evolved and the brotherhoods got more and more secretive and eventually religion was seperated from an Alien life form and a monothesic God was introduced.

From there it depends on the time of history and where you are in the world but ultimately, Relgion was made to influence and control the population while the brotherhoods held the secret of who the Gods are, i guess because they continue to be involved in the history of Earth but it's much easier for people to believe and be controlled by telling them it's a single God that 'moves in mysterious ways'.

Try this, i'm not sure on this guys reputation but it's based on that very loose example i gave. Not a bad book if your interested in a history of brotherhoods and religion.
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

[edit on 15-6-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
that is a good theory that would explain why there are drawings of ufo's on the pyramids. thank you that sounds logical.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
im afraid your wrong when you say finding other life make religion wrong.
was talking to a muslim and he said as faith teachs we dont know what is out there but what ever it is god made it. i find it crazy to thank aleins made us. but you see people like to worship ufo because they want to be free.
because they know if aleins made us we would hunt them down and kill them

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by INFOAGENT_X
because they know if aleins made us we would hunt them down and kill them

And how do you think we're going to do that? We have no chance of fighting any alien species...We're not in Halo..

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There has been links that the Egyptians were helped to build the pyrmaids by aliens. Also in the bible, I think the old testament, that some prophet guy saw them as bright fires across the sky and they lowered and then went back up. I forget the rest of what he wrote.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ezechial (sp?) saw wheels of fire.

There are a few other Biblical accounts as well. Heck, read the description of New Jerusalem in Revelation....

Also, check out some of the old art (ufoartwork.com, AD section)...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
INFOAGENT_X i said i wanted to know the relation and i THOUGHT it debunked religions. also i don't appreciate your attitude. note the sign at the bottom that says (REPLY WITH RESPECT).. i'm not here to argue with egos i'm here to open up to new posibilities and to know the truth. i want to hear theories not criticism..

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hi, New here and hope i can add something this online forum. First of i'd like to start of by saying that there billons of planets. Yet all the religions have focused on earth ? Does GOD ever intervene in the affairs on other planets, Did GOD send profits to Mars ? (I guess not cause where ment to be alone in the galaxy) So this can olny lead one to believe that religions as we know them are exclusive to earth. Would it not seem more believable if UFO's landed and made there presence public that they would follow one of the main religions ?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So are we supposed to consider aliens a decieving race that played off the stupidity of early humans? If the egypt stuff was true what happened in the end? The aliens slowly seperated from the people until just priests communicated between the 2 groups, but what happened to that, did the aliens just leave one day? maybe i just didnt get what that post was trying to say.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
aliens did not create humanoids

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Gazrok wrote:

Ezechial (sp?) saw wheels of fire.

There are a few other Biblical accounts as well. Heck, read the description of New Jerusalem in Revelation....

Also, check out some of the old art (ufoartwork.com, AD section)...

New Jerusalem in Revelation it is there... "Draw on casters!"

Rev.20:5 chapter 21-22, pages 388-389-390-391 in the language of my holy bible that is.

Regards:
Necros

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Taking 2 of the most controversial subjects we can think of (religion and ufo/aliens) and comingup with some solid answers will most likely never happen here. With that said, as a believer in Christ and the scriptures, I can accepts the existence of both.

My favorite account of a ufo in the bible is the Chariot of Fire story with the prophet Elijah.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Taking 2 of the most controversial subjects we can think of (religion and ufo/aliens) and coming up with some solid answers will most likely never happen here. With that said, as a believer in Christ and the scriptures as well as the alien phenomenon, I can accepts the existences of both.

My favorite account of a ufo in the bible is the Chariot of Fire story with the prophet Elijah.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Taking 2 of the most controversial subjects we can think of (religion and ufo/aliens) and coming up with some solid answers will most likely never happen here. With that said, as a believer in Christ and the scriptures as well as the alien phenomenon, I can accepts the existences of both.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
mpeake, what you speak of is also there

That is probably the closest evidence and the closest to the truth anyone will come don´t you think mpeake? I mean I am no great believer and I will probably burn before I will even experiance "chariots of fire or a golden city" with leaves that heals injurys. What I find interesting is. - The leaves - The New Jerusalem will not be all free from injurys or disease. I also find alot of explanations in The book of revelation pretty cool. There are things there I can see today as fighter aircrafts/spaceships, tanks and other modern equipment.

Some parts are great to read about in that book, I got that book when I married my wife. *lol*

Regards:
Necros

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Necros]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
DMK25 then show me the proof that they did or didn't create us these are simply theories. and perhaps you did not read my post very well i want to hear more theories not scoffing . if you new me you would know i question everything including how educated you are.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
mpeake your right coming up with solid answers would be next to impossible. with the recent videos of yeweh it made me wonder the relation of the two studies.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by f23ghost
DMK25 then show me the proof that they did or didn't create us these are simply theories. and perhaps you did not read my post very well i want to hear more theories not scoffing . if you new me you would know i question everything including how educated you are.

Simple. We evolved from apes.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
DarkSide yes that is another working science i just wanted to see the relation between the 2.

new topics

top topics

join