It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornell's Seal & Serpent Society.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Does anyone have any information on the Seal & Serpent Society at Cornell?

www.sealandserpent.org

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Does anyone have any information on the Seal & Serpent Society at Cornell?

www.sealandserpent.org

Another college fraternity? You see, that's the funny thing. There's TONS fraternities such as these that aren't part of the Greek system, like Skull and Bones, Seal and Serpent, etc etc. But because they are more secretive than greeks, or tend to have students which go on to powerful jobs, they are now considered SECRET SOCIETIES.

The truth of the matter seems to be that they are nothing different than greek fraternities, just not part of that system and sometimes more secretive. But of course they must be hiding something because they are so secretive, and they can't be up to any good! Skull and Bones is nothing more than a debate fraternity, no different than any other number of such societies at Yale and other Ivy League colleges. They just get more publicity.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hi Boatphone!

Excellant job on the red tide alert BTW

This thread is rather odd however.....
so I thought I might mention....

On ATS when you author a thread, it is then your responsibility to fill it in with the content your trying to make people aware of.
Maybe.....you could try to google up the info you need to make this post more clear to us readers?
Maybe even a boolian search from the ATS engines could help you.......

Keep up the good work!

TRG

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sebatwerk,

I agree I am not claiming that they are up to anthing evil. I just take interest in Fraternity life. I am a Fraternity buff if you will. I enjoy learning about differnet groups. Again, I make no claim about their activities.

Thanks River, sorry about that not so super thread.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I agree I am not claiming that they are up to anthing evil. I just take interest in Fraternity life. I am a Fraternity buff if you will. I enjoy learning about differnet groups. Again, I make no claim about their activities.

Oh hehe I didn't say that you were accusing them of anything. It is just a simple observation I made when I noticed that there are actually MANY fraternities that are more traditional and not part of the greek system. Many of them are referred to as "Secret Societies". I just couldn't help but think that if they WERE greek, people would have no problem with these frats.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Interesting, a friend of mine went to Cornell, the "forgotten" ivy league. Never mentionded this group, but thats not too surprising either way. Good find.
What is that gibberish on their seal and in the paddle in the photo?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The characters on the seal appear to be some form of Runic writing.

As for what it means I have no earthly idea.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its sandskrit but of course i am unable to read it...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In all the sources I have seen I haven't been able to find a link or even an excerpt from a book that translated it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Its sandskrit but of course i am unable to read it...

What makes you say its sanskrit?

This is sanskrit

AOOOOMMMMM

Here's some more

mj12
The characters on the seal appear to be some form of Runic writing

The sort of do. Perhaps they are a made up script by the group, as part of an interest in runes.

Since no one is too familiar I will email them and we will see whats up.

What is the alphabet and script in your seal and on the paddle in your webpage photo?

Also, how is your group different from a greek fraternity, besides, well, not being greek? Do you have 'tombs' like in Yale Frats?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree. It was most likely created by the group as an indecipherable language only known to them. Good luck trying to find more information about it Nygdan. I wonder if they will comply?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You never know, sometimes groups like to explain a little about themselves, and other times the kids like to pretend that they're mysterious.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Does anyone know a member of this group, or has there been a reply from them??

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately no, they haven't replied, even by declining to answer. Looks like the kids want to play mysterious. *shrugs* Ah well.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hi All,

It's always fun to stumble across discussion and speculation about Seal and Serpent. As a brother of Seal and Serpent Society I would be glad to help answer any questions and clear up any confusions regarding my fraternity.

Cheers,
Adam

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by birdfacts

Thanks for posting. As a previous poster said, I'd be interested in learning about what the symbolism on the seal means. I am guessing the acacia, skull, and book might have meanings that were drawn from masonry - a grounding in a volume of the sacred law, and reminders of mortality.

Could be completely off though. I have found that a lot of fraternities use masonic ritual in some form. Of course we'll never know about this one, since with only one chapter the chance of a leak is low, but it is likely.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pacificwind

Unfortunately I cannot divulge the meanings of our seal. That is information privileged only to members of the Society.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Divulge a public symbol? Well, OK, I think we can all safely say that like a lot of fraternities, this one did some borrowing from masonry.

What CAN you say?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pacificwind

I wouldn't be so keen on saying that. While the meanings of our seal are kept private we are still "open" to the public. We are a legitimate fraternity in good standing recognized by Cornell University. To try and call us a secret society would be nonsense. I would give a word of caution when speculating on not only Seal and Serpent's but other Greek organizations histories or 'inner workings'. While there is usually no harm intended, such speculations can sometimes give Greek organizations bad reputations. Unless otherwise confirmed by a particular organization, I would take any speculations with a grain of salt.

What I can tell you is that Seal and Serpent has been an independent fraternity since 1905. We have always maintained our independence, a part of our history we are quite proud of in fact, and never associated ourselves with a larger organization whether it be Greek or not. While on occasion the Society has been approached and asked to associate with larger national Greek organizations, we have always declined and continue to maintain out independence.

Any other questions?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The writing isnt sanskrit or runic. Looks most likely to be star constellations to me. Maybe a gate address for all you stargate fans

top topics

<<   2 >>

join