It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The John Kerry puzzle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

With this town hall behind him, Kerry's well on his way to marginalizing himself in much the same manner another failed presidential candidate has done since his general election defeat in 2000.

Of course, if the issue were really about "the truth" Kerry would have also told the town hall audience to keep in mind that, among other things, on July 23, 2002 "regime change" in Iraq had been the official government policy since 1998

It's not easy for Senator John Kerry these days. Having failed to capture the White House and facing the likely prospect of getting steamrolled by Hillary Clinton for the 2008 Democratic presidential nod, Kerry has been doing all he can to stay on the national radar screen.

Source

This thread is for non partison debate. John Kerry is doing is best to stay in the minds of the voting public and the media.
Assuming Kerry wants to run again in 2008 can he win the oval office?
Would Hilary choose him as her running mate?
Was john kerry stance taken on issues to much like the Bush admin?
If Kerry moved future left would he sway more voters?
How can Kerry improve his public image?
What makes Kerry tick ?
Why did Kerry war the crediablity of Kerry war record disappear so fast?
Remember Non partison debate.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think Kerry has no chance of ever becoming President. I believe most Democrats felt that Bush was quite beatable in 2004 and that he blew the opportunity. It appears that Hillary will easily take the Democratic nomination in 2008 and there's no way she'd pick him as a VP running mate nor would he accept it if offered. I think he's just going to fade away and retire.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think he's just going to fade away and retire.

Like Ted Kennedy after losing the primary in 1980?

No, you'll have to beat Ted Kennedy's replacement out of office. Kerry's gearing up to be America's Senator and take over Ted's job of attack dog.

Totally safe lifetime gig, as long as he wants it. That'd be my guess.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Assuming Kerry wants to run again in 2008 can he win the oval office?

Kerry's time has passed.

Would Hilary choose him as her running mate?

No. Unlikely he'd even accept the offer.

Was john kerry stance taken on issues to much like the Bush admin?

On the war, yes. That's where Dean's power was against Kerry (in the primaries). On that, Kerry really showed his loyalties.

If Kerry moved future left would he sway more voters?

It doesn't matter. See the answer to question #1.

How can Kerry improve his public image?

He doesn't need to. (I believe, now more than ever, after the myriad investigations/reports Kerry won the election. BushCo. flipped the vote in certain key areas.)

What makes Kerry tick ?

Only God knows a man's true motives. I would say though, Kerry has always been a WONK at heart. He probly truly enjoys his job in the Senate.

Why did Kerry war the crediablity of Kerry war record disappear so fast?

Why did he lose his credibility on war experience? He didn't. That's a Bush inspired-media-induced fallacy.

Remember Non partison debate.

No flaming!...

top topics

join