It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh My !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
THIS has to be one of my very few post here. But its a huge concern of mine.

I have an eerie feeling something HUGE is about to happend Quake and Volcano wise. Ive been looking at Iris and have never seen it lit up with this many reds 5.0+ since ive been checking it daily for almost the past year.

Should I stay calm or is it time to panic and go get supplies? This is really starting to worry me. Maybe im overreacting.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Iris?
A Tsunami warning occured recently affter an earthquak neer California. (California?)
| \
| / When I go to sleep I'm waking up from this dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Iris is a Seismic Monitor. Supposedly it detects most earthquakes over 4.6 magnitude.

Its really amazing me latley.

Heres a link:

www.iris.edu...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Phew, nothing around Australia.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Don't worry theres nothing around Ireland! Lambay Island is extinct. Don't panic!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thank God that there is nothing around Ireland as yet! But, in the future Ireland maybe in earthquake country in a few years. Its a scary thought!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OMG! TOBA!

USGS: Magnitude 4.8 NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA
Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 12:17:59 UTC

EMSC call it a 5.0 and look at the map!
EMSC map of that quake (this link might go "dead" and change into something else)

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You might want to check out these prophecies for this weekend!

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Sometime this weekend, June 16, 17, or 18th, 2005—there will be a type of violent natural disaster, resulting in the loss of life. The police will make an announcement about it.
August 19-20th, 2005--- There will be a bad earthquake or explosion.
August 29th-30th, 2005—Thousands of people will be forced to relocate.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

August 19-20th, 2005--- There will be a bad earthquake or explosion.

hmm thats a freeky one for me, i have had a few dreams about an explosion, but i felt it was also in a quake zone for some reason,
my thoughts are that it was Indonisa, from my own feelings of my dream it was a terror attack, I hope and pray that this does not happen, thought i cannot be sure of any date to go along with my thoughts...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Same for me regarding the dreams, 2 crazy ones this week, i had one of a type of war of the worlds invasion thing and one of a huge earthquake measuring 10+

i hope nothing comes of it

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I too have a feeling something big is on the way. I've been telling people for the last 2 months that i think there will be a large natural disaster (most likely an earthquake) around about 26th June (+- a few days). I hope i'm wrong but i guess we'll see.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Haha, yeah I was listening to that coast to coast last night.

That guy was kind of interesting, I'm looking foward to the show tonight. But I'll definitly be looking out this weekend for anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
wellll....
Have any of you considered the effect your expectation might have upon this happening?

have you?
have you?

now if a quake strikes, it will be all your fault...
well, actually it will be the quakes fault, (as faults go), but it might just be a good action to not give that fault any ideas...

seriously though... I have had the same feeling... maybe it is becuase of all the big quakes and volcanos going of recently...
iris is a good litmus test, but also keep in mind that seismic activity happens all the time, all over the world...
I would only worry if there are a spate of warnings in a specific area.
and still... more thimes than not, it turns out to be nothing...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The past few months I've been getting some strange feelings myself. I've tried to put it off as living close to Mt. St. Helens and it waking up a little, but I don't think that's quite right. At the same time though, I'll get a really bad sense of impending doom, check and find out that my bank account is in the red, and then that feeling is gone...maybe that's all it is.

I also really do feel that something major is going to happen soon. No dates at all or anything, not even a "within the next couple of years." But it doesn't feel like it'll be a minor-medium earthquake, or even a decent volcanic eruption. I've just felt that something really extreme is going on now, and I haven't a clue as to why. I'm not even really one to put much faith in psychic predictions or anything. I haven't been wanting to say anything about it here (or much anywhere else for that matter), but since others are talking about it, I might as well throw my two cents in.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
for the people having the dreams, do you recognise any locations to where youve had them ?

the invasion type one with lots of explosions occurred on a beach (a bit like the normandy invasion but war of the worlds style) and the one with the earthquake happened where i live which is in england

probably have no significance whatsoever but can the people who have had these dreams aswell tell us where they happened (if they remember)

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
May I ask is this irs site is for real? If so, thanks for the link, it is interesting to look at. I think the "big quake" will eventually hit but what that means for each of us depending on where we live may be different. In the US the big one often refers to CA falling off although my understanding is we should be more afraid of a earthquake fault somewhere in the south-midwest region.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wonder if Yellowstone Park is about to let go..

I was ok and spreading cheer UNTIL i saw those predictions!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this isnt new, as soon as that tsunami hit in south asia, people have been saying that an earthquake could rip a chunk of mountain and make it fall in the sea and cause a tidal wave that could destroy the west coast of america. then there was that volcano under yellowstone national park thats over due for its eruption, of which in a bbc drama two part series only 8 millions americans survived its eruption...

these threats have always been around, just people start to take more notice when wars break out, or when other natural disasters happen...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
To tell the truth, I have been having the end of the world dreams for the first time over the last few weeks.

It's the first time they have happend, the location is where I live in them.. I just thought it was interesting.

Anyways.. This is Fragile Earth.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

this isnt new, as soon as that tsunami hit in south asia, people have been saying that an earthquake could rip a chunk of mountain and make it fall in the sea and cause a tidal wave that could destroy the west coast of america.

Actually it's the east coast of the united states that would be destroyed.

You're thinking of La Palma Island.

Only recently have scientists realised the next episode is likely to begin at the Canary Islands, off North Africa, where a wall of water will one day be created which will race across the entire Atlantic ocean at the speed of a jet airliner to devastate the east coast of the United States. America will have been struck by a mega-tsunami.

----------------------------------

huge landslides and the mega-tsunami that they cause are extremely rare - the last one happened 4,000 years ago on the island of Réunion. The growing concern is that the ideal conditions for just such a landslide - and consequent mega-tsunami - now exist on the island of La Palma in the Canaries.

Source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join