It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offshore Earthquake: Tsunami Warning For San Diego

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Big 7.0 earthquake off the coast of california. they just issued a tsunami warning where i am (san diego) until 10:30 tonight!! crazy.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050615/ap_on_re_us/norcal_quake

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What do you know xxblackoctoberxx?

I'm talking to a friend out there. She just flew out to San Diego today and is staying on the beach.

This is insane.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
What do you know xxblackoctoberxx?

I'm talking to a friend out there. She just flew out to San Diego today and is staying on the beach.

This is insane.

it is insane. Randomly on the T.V. was one of those warnings where it beeps and what not and the white words come across, saying an there is a tsunami warning for san diego until 10:28. On the yahoo site it says 7.0 but on the warning it said it was 7.4

They issued us a warning down here when on Yahoo it says northern california, thats weird. Everyone near the beaches is supposed to get out and find higher ground.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is the warning from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Here is the warning from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.

So what does that mean? Is there no warning?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
On the yahoo site it says 7.0 but on the warning it said it was 7.4

Yeah I saw that too but USGS keeps it at 7.0
earthquake.usgs.gov...

And the warning extends from the Mexico border to Vancover Island
www.washingtonpost.com...

CRESCENT CITY, Calif. -- A major earthquake struck Tuesday night about 80 miles off the coast of northern California, prompting a tsunami warning along the Pacific coast.

The 7.0-magnitude quake struck at about 7:50 p.m. southwest of the coastal community of Crescent City, according to the U.S. Geological Survey Web site.

A tsunami warning was in effect from the California-Mexico border north to Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Residents were being evacuated from low-lying areas of Crescent City, KCBS radio reported.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
MSNB has a crawl but no story. Aren't size predictions usually upgraded???

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
My grandmother (who doesn't know english) Just ran "ANDREW THERE'S A SIREN ON THE TV".

You know, back in the day, sirens ment nuclear bomb or airraids, now we have one if some kid took drugs and is missing.

Anyway,

www.ktvu.com...

"Major Quake Strikes Off California Coast

POSTED: 8:07 pm PDT June 14, 2005
UPDATED: 8:58 pm PDT June 14, 2005

EUREKA -- A major earthquake struck Tuesday night about 80 miles off the coast of northern California, prompting a tsunami warning along the Pacific coast.

The 7.0-magnitude quake struck at about 7:50 p.m. southwest of the coastal community of Crescent City, according to the U.S. Geological Survey Web site.

A tsunami warning was in effect from the California-Mexico border north to Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Residents were being evacuated from low-lying areas of Crescent City, KCBS radio reported.

Copyright 2005 by KTVU.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."

I have NOTHING to worry about, i live near the hills :-).

Oh, forgot to mention, I live in San jose, near Los Gatos, so we have the tsunami warnings too. So, I shouldn't have anything to worry unless the waves are over 3,000 feet.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Vinci]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am in San Diego tonight and I saw the TV alert as well... I think that if there was going to be a tsunami, we would have heard about other places further up the coast being effect by now, no? The earthquake was only 80 miles offshore. I think the warnings/bulletins are just a precaution.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yep, i heard on my way driving home just now, they cancelled the warning

top topics

join