It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felt's 100% Opportune Gig!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Now THIS is what you'd call the perfect set up!

NEW YORK - Mark Felt, the former FBI official who unmasked himself as the legendary "Deep Throat" source who leaked Watergate secrets, twice led FBI probes into finding Deep Throat, The Nation magazine said on Tuesday. Combing through originally confidential FBI files now available to the public, co-writers David Corn and Jeff Goldberg found documents that showed Felt in charge of finding the source of Bob Woodward's and Carl Bernstein's Washington Post scoops that helped bring down President Richard Nixon.

news.yahoo.com...

If I were going to spill my guts on criminal politicians, I'd want to be in charge of investigating the leak!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Isn't there some kind of laws or rules or ethics violations in wasting tax payers' money and government time and effort with an investigation into something which you know not to be true, or to which you are controlling the outcome of so as not to incriminate yourself?

It's bad enough that this guy ratted out a sitting president only because he didn't get a job promotion. It's even worse to launch a phony investigation wasting tax payers' money and government resources. And to top it all off, Nixon testified on behalf of this guy! This great guy that all you liberals are praising. This great guy who used illegal tactics to spy on your liberal hippy groups in the 70's! This man is a disgrace to his country.

I really hope that champaign that Nixon sent him was the cheap stuff!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I really hope that champaign that Nixon sent him was the cheap stuff!

Oh, grow up. Not all of us want a criminal in the White House, regardless of what party he belongs to.

Whatever Felt's motives might have been, I wish we had someone at FBI now who would rat on the crap that gets pulled in the big white building.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I could be wrong but aren't all American supposed to swear an oath of allegence to the United States of America, not some political affiliation?

With this as a yard stick, isn't everyone who keeps these things(government corruption) quiet, by definition, a traitor to the United States of America?

top topics

join