It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone had this dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've seen a couple of posts about dreams of doom in the future which reminds me of mine. I thought I'd see if anyone else has something similar.

My apocalyptic dreams are set in some indefinable time in the future. It is always an attack from the sky, some sort of glowing object. The radiation from this object causes the atmosphere to change colour (usually pinkish or orange) and thicken a little with a haze of dust that doesn't settle. Because it looks so pretty, people seem to be happy and ignorant about all of this and I'm thinking "#, we're all going to die."

It usually ends here. These dreams are VERY different to any other type. Its interesting that I have no fear of an apocalypse/bombs/war etc maybe I should, but I really am indifferent and don't think about it much.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
this is going to sound really retarded, but yesterday the sky looked something like that.

There was light rain and the clouds were really light orange/pinkish, at 7pm, when it should have been darker. Very nice looking. I thought to myself, "This is really pretty. What happens if it stays like this throughout the night. Would we all panicc and die?"

I should note that I'm in the USA, on the East Coast

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
True i have thought the same thing many times when the sky looks a little different,
I think oh how pretty then start thinking hmmmm is that normal ..paranoia or what

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow me too! I had the pleasure of watching a total solar eclipse last year in Sth Aussie. There were some really weird days before the day of the eclipse too, dust storms and an orangey glow. Everything seemed pinkish and shadows were a bluish colour. During the eclipse it was all very weird, awesome in its beauty.

I had the dreams before all of of this though. That moment of panic is scary.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I HAVE SEEN A TOTAL ECLIPSE, AND I THINK THE SCAREY PART WAS WHEN EVERY THING WENT GREY...NO BIRDS WERE MAKING A SOUND IT WAS SO SILENT,,, IT MADE YOU STOP AND THINK HOW SMALL A POWER WE REALLY ARE ON THIS PLANET.....FREAKYYY!!
WELL WHAT POWER WE KNOW ABOUT LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
in past lives...maybe it's possible you're not dreaming of the future, but reliving a past life (perhaps you were a Japanese citizen in Nagasaki, during WWII?).....

Most of the inklings I've gotten of past lives are from dreams, then later pieced together through various other methods....

Mine started with the moment of those lives' deaths... then, gradually I've eeked out other details...sometimes even names... It's kind of creepy, but exciting at the same time. So, my most recent incarnation had me as a black Army soldier in either Nam or Korea...(from the equipment used, asians, etc. in the dreams). I took shrapnel from a grenade and couldn't make it to the chopper. The enemy closed in and the chopper had to leave. I could actually feel the bits of shrapnel in me, getting colder, combined with the heat of the wounds, looking up at the blades and the chopper taking off, shouts of the asians, etc.

So far, I've only got part of the name (William or Williams).... So, I've got to get some more to go on... This life is what I remember most of...especially the prom night, hehe... Right down to the outfit my date was wearing....Strange huh?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Since my wonderful experience in the military,but I frequently awake with pretty music in my head...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I dream plenty...And if what Gazrok is saying is true then i dont have a clue who i was in my past life. My dreams are all weird sometimes and others they aren't. Last night i has a dream about geneitc engineered military personal, the hulk, military fights, capturing and killing the enemy, making another enemy feel pain by walking on glass, some glass got into my shoe and made my foot hurt too.

Last night was the only night where i've had a dream and killed someone and it was with a bread knife

Not happy JANE!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sian
It is always an attack from the sky, some sort of glowing object. The radiation from this object causes the atmosphere to change colour (usually pinkish or orange) and thicken a little with a haze of dust that doesn't settle. Because it looks so pretty, people seem to be happy and ignorant about all of this and I'm thinking "#, we're all going to die."

It usually ends here. These dreams are VERY different to any other type. Its interesting that I have no fear of an apocalypse/bombs/war etc maybe I should, but I really am indifferent and don't think about it much.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

YES, I DO

Unfortunately for me they go a lot more in depth. I will share with you my most memorable dream:

I was driving down the street really early in the morning. I was listening to the radio when all of a sudden the emergency broadcast system came on. Immeadiately following the buzzing tones of the system the sky began filling with a red-orange hue. I wasn't listening to the radio so I don't know what was said. I started feeling very light and floaty even as the color engulfed the sky. Stricken with fear and nervous excitement I felt my body start to tug upwards and I began floating. At this point the sky was like a pink haze, it was almost like being in a transparent pink-colored fog. I started yelling out, what the hell is going on, people everywhere were floating and screaming. While I was floating I suddenly became very peaceful and heard voices saying that it was judgment time and that heavan and earth were being restored.

I have had a lot more than this...really quick, here's another, but this one involves a meteorite:

I was in the park playing disc golf and I remember people being everywhere. I looked up in the bright sunny sky when, out of nowhere, a very large meteor came into view. All of a sudden the sky turned dark, like during a lunar eclipse, people were running everywhere, screaming for their lives. Me and my friend just sat there, watching the meteor fall closer and closer towards us, right towards us. Knowing there was nothing we could do to save our ass, we both laughed about having front row tickets to the end of our world. When the meteorite impacted the Earth, yes, right on the disc golf course, the explosion was instant. However right after the explosion, there was a sense of peace. Nobody was dead and everybody started cheering, it was if there was no explosion but there was. I felt people were cheering because there was an afterlife, and we were all in it, strange.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sian
Wow me too! I had the pleasure of watching a total solar eclipse last year in Sth Aussie. There were some really weird days before the day of the eclipse too, dust storms and an orangey glow. Everything seemed pinkish and shadows were a bluish colour. During the eclipse it was all very weird, awesome in its beauty.

I had the dreams before all of of this though. That moment of panic is scary.

Maybe a forshadowing of Planet X?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Past lives - yes I do believe its possible. I'm not sure that I believe that they are real though, if that makes sense. I've always felt an affinity with Japan and its funny that you mention Nam because this is where I've felt the strongest affinity. I don't know much about it, intellectually, but have always felt I was there? I have to admit, its interesting that these are the only two places in the world that have this affect on me and you mentioned them.

MV, thanks for your descriptions. I related to a lot of what you said. Especially:

"However right after the explosion, there was a sense of peace. Nobody was dead and everybody started cheering, it was if there was no explosion but there was. I felt people were cheering because there was an afterlife, and we were all in it, strange."

I had this experience in one of my dreams. Relief and even celebration. But I "knew" that it would be the after-affects that would be fatal, rather than the collision.

"Maybe a forshadowing of Planet X?" That's interesting, I hadn't thought of that.

new topics

top topics

join