It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Explosive Chemicals Missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Powerful Explosive Chemicals Missing In Williamson County

Large quantities of a dangerous chemical that can be used to make explosives is missing in Williamson County. The FBI says as much as 300 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate is missing from Austin Powder. The FBI believes the chemicals, contained in 11 tubes, were stolen this morning. The ATF and the Williamson County Sheriff's department are combining forces with the FBI to search for the chemicals. Ammonium nitrate is a fertilizer that can be mixed with other agents to make powerful explosives

keyetv.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yeah this happened today in my small hick town, georgetown, texas. so far i havent seen and fbi agents around town yet though.

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Whilst this nay sound alarming, it is commonly available in fertilizer as previously stated. The fact that it was in pure form only means that a terrorist would need about 900lbs of generic fertilizer (for the same amount, a good bomb making fertilizer has about 30% ammonium nitrate.
Ammonium nitrate has to be mixed with fuel-oil ( about 96%ammonium nitrate 4% fuel ) and then set of with a high order explosive ( TNT,PETN,RDX etc ). A blasting cap just won't do.
I believe the Oklahoma city bombing was a 2 ton fertilizer bomb. So they are powerful, but not as much as military explosives.

join