It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens just waiting for an opportunity ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In reading all the talk about 'evil' aliens, it's occurred to me that they could simply be waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Alien abductions would tell them everything they need to know about human physiology, so they would know exactly how to kill or control us.

There are all kinds of stories in the papers about doomsday scenarios - global warming, war, pandemic, environmental catastrophes ...

Could the aliens just be sitting out there collecting information and waiting for just the right moment to strike ...? Their losses would be infinitely less if they wait until we're at our weakest. Why assume unnecessary risk by striking when we're in tip top shape?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I posted something similiar in this thread. It's more about what they are waiting for. I think if they are going to attack it is going to be when we become a little more advanced and they can consider us as a threat.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
I posted something similiar in this thread. It's more about what they are waiting for. I think if they are going to attack it is going to be when we become a little more advanced and they can consider us as a threat.

Oh I see. They are playing ET politics, huh.
They must have learned something from G.W. Bush.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There's something about an opportune moment that just screams 'aliens, come eat me' or some such.

What about all those UFOs that were seen in the middle of WWII? Scouting for the perfect time to make their move?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Tell me that I am wrong, but isn't all this UFO thingy starting with use of RADAR, it is so much connected that we missed it, it can be connected with nuclaer weapons, but seeing them is connecet with radars. In the WW II radar stations were located only in some points, and that is where first ufos were seen, now there is no single spot on earth not being radiated with elemagnetci waves, and thing which made this step is that radars are rather strong radiation beams so it can provoke UFOs to be revealed.
All that is linked with transdimaensional travel, too.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
In reading all the talk about 'evil' aliens, it's occurred to me that they could simply be waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Alien abductions would tell them everything they need to know about human physiology, so they would know exactly how to kill or control us.

There are all kinds of stories in the papers about doomsday scenarios - global warming, war, pandemic, environmental catastrophes ...

Could the aliens just be sitting out there collecting information and waiting for just the right moment to strike ...? Their losses would be infinitely less if they wait until we're at our weakest. Why assume unnecessary risk by striking when we're in tip top shape?

The way I see it is they are waiting for the right moment to strike the earth...not to destroy it, but to somehow take over it. I'm not sure if they would want to kill us or just use us as "ginnepigs".

Maybe connecting with this topic: I have heard that the end of the world is December 21st, 2012. Is this true? I don't believe everything I read. Many people have said these same things...but it never happened. Now I know there really is no way of telling when earth will come to and end. But maybe there is a way that we jsut haven't found yet?!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Opportunity? Hmmm, seems to me that this planet is not the best real estate in the universe these days. I would think that IF there were aliens that they may have better things to do with there "intelligent minds" than play on a planet that looks from a distance to be rather messed up.

Of course, we could be there starter home and they just see all the possiblities of gutting the place and re-doing it.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they could kill us all in less than 5 seconds so no i don't think they are waiting for the opportune moment. I don't think they need to kill us to get what they want. I think they are just interested in us as a species. They can get all the raw material they want from millions and millions of uninhabitable planets. If we found a species lower on the food chain than us we would also abduct them and perform experiments and what not.

You know how crazy us humans are, it's like a 24 hour soap opera to them. I wonder if they do have shows about us or something like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I agree with Ninja.
Or maybe they're waiting for when there is an even greater World War and everyone is weak from it. A bit like what Hitler did, but with the depression?

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

In reading all the talk about 'evil' aliens, it's occurred to me that they could simply be waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

If that was the goal, I'd wager that prior to the development of ICBMs would have been an opportune time... Why would you let your enemy stockpile and develop more and more advanced weapons when you have the advantage? Simple. You wouldn't. I have no idea what their agenda is, but the evidence suggests that logically, conquest is not the goal.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If that was the goal, I'd wager that prior to the development of ICBMs would have been an opportune time...

Compared to the reported manueverability of a UFO, ICBMs are sitting ducks. IMO, they wouldn't be a worry to aliens. Having us distracted with other issues to the exclusion of all else would be an opportunity. In the midst of WWII would have been a good time, but perhaps they didn't know enough about us then. Patience has some advantages. Humans are known for their destructiveness, so all they'd have to do is wait around until we screw up really big the next time .... Or wait until AIDS or bird flu has disabled or killed many of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ahh...but you're not getting it...

With ICBMs, we can destroy OURSELVES and the planet (and take some of them with us) if we wanted to. Thereby negating any gain from conquest. I seriously doubt they could negate ALL of the world's arsenal....but even if they could, you STILL wouldn't wait around for your enemy to grow stronger if you could crush them when weak. Therefore, assuming the aliens have SOME degree of logic, the goal of conquest does not fit the evidence....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

With ICBMs, we can destroy OURSELVES and the planet (and take some of them with us) if we wanted to. Thereby negating any gain from conquest.

It depends on what it is they want from Earth.

And despite what you might think, we don't have enough ICBMs to destroy everything. Some of everything would remain. There would be considerable damage, however.

And with a technically advanced alien species, they might be able to #1 reverse an atomic explosion (musta had some accidents building their FTL drives), and or #2 filter off or neutralize any residue radiation from ICBMs. Or they could just blow them out of the sky before we barely get them off the ground and start watching for the next threat.

Independence Day had some good examples of how alien technologies might be used against us (although I suspect the feel good ending might be different in a real situation).

The advantage to waiting is that it creates less clean-up work - don't have to chase down as many hiding enemy humans and such.

Or maybe they see into the future and some GM crop will produce advantageous alterations in human DNA ...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
the time to strike was ;

when the population went over 3 billion
when we invented gun powder
when we landed on the moon
when we nuked japan

these are some seriously patient evil aliens

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

the time to strike was ;

when the population went over 3 billion
when we invented gun powder
when we landed on the moon
when we nuked japan

these are some seriously patient evil aliens

There have been an increasing number of UFO reports in modern times. While some anecdotal evidence exists that sightings might have occurred prior to modern times, we have no real historic record of quanties of UFO sightings.

That means a whole lot more of them are coming here now. Why? Because maybe some decision has been made, and they're waiting for the right moment to implement it.

BTW, we have no evidence that their time frame is in any way related to ours. Perhaps time itself is very different in their part of the galaxy.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Independence Day had some good examples of how alien technologies might be used against us (although I suspect the feel good ending might be different in a real situation).

It also showed our willingness to nuke our own soil for a "scorched Earth" policy....

The advantage to waiting is that it creates less clean-up work - don't have to chase down as many hiding enemy humans and such.

Would have been less cleanup prior to the Industrial Age, I'd wager, less people and polution to clean up...again, waiting doesn't help them in such regards....

BTW, we have no evidence that their time frame is in any way related to ours. Perhaps time itself is very different in their part of the galaxy.

And perhaps they are fuzzy bunnies who shoot cotton candy out their nose....? The thing is, we don't know, so all we can do is apply our own attitudes, goals, and logic to assess their intentions... We don't even know how they think, so it's ALL guesswork....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Encounters have been increasing, but I don't think that means anything. There has been many encounters in the past that just haven't been sent out there world wide. Just a guess, there are probably thousands on top of thousands of encoutners/abtuctions that haven't been filed. I'm not saying this isn't a sign, I'm just saying they probably have better things to do in their heads. Ofcourse they are trying to study us and the earth, but haven't they been doing that for years!!?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think all of you guys are on to something with the aliens coming when we as a human species are most vulnerable. I totally agree with that. I think it will happen during a world war which we can already see the foundations being built. Don't be fooled, it will be a collaborative effort between the secret human and non-human authorities that run this world.
The aliens have always been here, they are just making themselves known. Check out "Behold a Pale Horse" by William Cooper. It's facinating.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We've already pasted our weakest and our most controllable. There was a time we could have been wiped out with ease (though it probably wouldn't be much harder now, for a technologicly advanced race) and controlled with ease. Through religion. Maybe we were once controlled by a religion ET life created for us and maybe we still are. Though, they didn't do a great job really, all we do is go to church on sunday, not a great level of control.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It is probably the opposite. They watch us to figure out when the human race will be able to able to attack them in space - Manifest Destiny on an outer space scale.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join