It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Congressman and Defense Contractor Steal Your Tax Dollars (Together)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In what can only be described as a political conspiracy, Republican congressman Randy Cunningham helped a defense contractor gain millions of dollars in government contracts after the contractor purchased his home. The congressman's home wasn't listed with a realtor, and the company that bought his home paid $1,675,000 but never used the house. Rep. Cunningham used the profits to buy a larger house. The defense contractor sold the house at a $700,000 loss, but was later given tens of millions of dollars in defense and intelligence-related contracts.

www.signonsandiego.com
WASHINGTON – A defense contractor with ties to Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham took a $700,000 loss on the purchase of the congressman's Del Mar house while the congressman, a member of the influential defense appropriations subcommittee, was supporting the contractor's efforts to get tens of millions of dollars in contracts from the Pentagon.

Mitchell Wade bought the San Diego Republican's house for $1,675,000 in November 2003 and put it back on the market almost immediately for roughly the same price. But the Del Mar house languished unsold and vacant for 261 days before selling for $975,000.

Meanwhile, Cunningham used the proceeds of the $1,675,000 sale to buy a $2.55 million house in Rancho Santa Fe. And Wade, who had been suffering through a flat period in winning Pentagon contracts, was on a tear – reeling in tens of millions of dollars in defense and intelligence-related contracts.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The defense contractor, MZM Inc, is owned by Mitchell Wade who claims it was looking into expanding in the San Diego are, but never moved into the house. To make matters even more shady, Wade used another company of his to make the acquisition. Around the time of the purchase, the once struggling company started raking in millions of dollars in contracts.

No surprise that Rep. Cunningham sits on the defense appropriations subcommittee, and the House Intelligence Committee where he is able to input names of contractors into the defense budget. Rep. Cunningham says he can't discuss the contracts because the contain classified information. MZM Inc says that Wade was traveling without a telephone and could not be reached.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
hang em high..
let em swing...
maybe others
won't do such things...

this is what is wrong with america...
OUR ENEMY NUMBER 1 is GREED, APATHY, AND CORRUPTION

the esteemed congressman needs to be tried, hung, and broken over the back of bankrupcy...

take his money, take his cars, his brand new house... and sell it all to recompense the money that american tax payers lost due to his abuse of his position...

make an example of the little f**ker

we know this is not unusual... happens all the time...
and it makes me sick!
time to fry one of these offenders,
tar and feather the rest...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What's so sad about this is that Randy Cunningham is a war hero. He was an Ace pilot in Vietnam and awarded a several metals for bravery in combat. He was one of the first Instructors for the Navy's TOP GUN training school. But war hero or not this is an example of how money talks in Washington and buys access & power that drown out the votes/concerns of average voters. He should be held accountable for what he's done.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Delta 38]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Enter the military industrial complex...

...open your eyes you god damn blind fools! I love you americans, but dammit you have to show some stiff!

Now I know there are thousands of you here - each of you should print 100 copies of this story and paste it all over your neigborhood!

Nothing else to say, this is nothing new - hell hollywood makes movies joking about this kickback stuff, HA!

-KiwiDave

link   
god dam it! not again! stupied people who rather sell the american people out an dhave a few extra bucks! we need a reform in our government... bad! this just shows money talks and watch he get out of it cause he got money. If our founding fathers were still alive today they will be so sick of what we have done to the country and they will shoot themselves cause they can't take it anymore.

link   
It used to be that this stuff would be hidden under the rug. Now it's blatant. What does that say about the direction our government is going?

But, ho ... Just vote the party line on election day. They run the election show anyway, and probably have the machine rigged to make the 'right' votes for those who think for themselves. Much simpler than a suspension of elections - no public backlash.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
TO ALL AMERICANS (and interested others)
print off this article (maybe even this page with comments)
and send it to your state congressman and senators as well as your district congressmen and senators... No other comment is neccessary...

it will be a glamoring "we see you" type statement...
also send it to any citizen watch group you can find...
and the anti tax brigades...

FOR GODS SAKE DO SOMETHING!

I also think we should start pressing for media coverage of this...
media is owned by the elite political supporters (for the most part) but it is still managed by the directive of "show what your public wants to watch"
and if enough of a movement begins and it is covered elsewhere... then the mainstream media will HAVE to carry the story..

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

and if enough of a movement begins and it is covered elsewhere... then the mainstream media will HAVE to carry the story..

That's what they said about the Downing Street memo.

This will never see the light of day because every pol in Washington is doing the same kind of thing - they don't want the light of day shining anywhere near them. It used to be the Republicans were the party pushing for an open government - not anymore.

The only solution to this is a clean sweep in Washington. If they're in office, throw them out. It's the only message they understand.

At least until they figure out how to subvert the elections, that is.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I will at least do what Lazarun said, I will get it sent to my senetors, and maby one or two others.
For what ever it might be worth.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
can somebody tell me how to contact our senators??? and congressmans... where do we should sent this to...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just do a search on the web for 'your state' Senator, like Washington Senator. It should come up with links for your Senator's web sites. Usually they'll have a link for emailing them. Snail mail takes forever since the anthrax attacks - good luck getting them to respond in less than months ...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey i found out who my senator is, but in order to e-mail him i have to fill out a form.

Prefix: * Mr.MissMrs.Ms.Mr. and Mrs.Dr.
First name: *
Last name: *
Street Address: *
Street Address:
City: *
State code: (eg. NJ) *
Zip Code: *
E-mail: *
Phone Number:
Message Topic

i was wondering... what is State Code??? and how do i know this???
it's a requirdment...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Judging by the example, NJ, I would think the state code is the two letter representation. Like NEW YORK is NY, California is CA, Rhode Island is RI....

Ca piche?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I am reminded of a letter written to the editor of the local paper durning the clinton nookiegate scandal...it was so good I still remember it and wish I could claim it for my own but alas honesty forces me to admit somebody else wrote it though I forget who. It read:

"It seems to me that most Republican scandals involve abuses of power and constitutional issues while most Democratic scandals involve sex and money. Give me a Democratic scandal anyday."

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

"It seems to me that most Republican scandals involve abuses of power and constitutional issues while most Democratic scandals involve sex and money. Give me a Democratic scandal anyday."

Oh how soon the liberals forget the Enron Scandal that cost Americans Billions of dollars

Enrongate: A Democrat Scandal

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
On a side note I decided to check out the MZM Inc. website and see what kind of company image they have. Upon going to the section under "Civic Support", on the top of their list was a wonderful childrens charity named "The Sure Foundation". So I decided to see what they're about as well. Here's where it get's good!!!

According to the Sure Foundation website, in the Board of Directors section it lists:
Mrs. Christiane S. Wade, President Emeritus (Emeritus- Retired but retaining an honorary title)
Mr. Mitchell J. Wade, Treasurer
www.the-sure-foundation.org...

Now, according to the list of Political Contributions by Individuals,
www.capweb.net...
we have this listed as well.
Mitchell J. Wade - Mzm Inc./c.e.o. - $2000 - 2004-03-23
Christiane S. Wade - Mzm Inc./vice-president - $2000 - 2004-04-01

So, as it turns out the Biggest Contributions to The Sure Foundation is by MZM, both of which are owned and ran by Mitchell and Christiane Wade!!! Gee, how wonderfull of them to donate those tax free dollars TO THEMSELVES!!! For the poor children my ass!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Bravo to the person who brought this out in the open. Now you know where our tax dollars go. These people steal more in a year than 10 bank robbers do in their entire careers - and yet we don't see them on Americas most wanted. Try to stop paying taxes so they can't steal your money and end up in jail. Something is wrong here and it's up to all of us to put a stop to it.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
can somebody tell me how to contact our senators??? and congressmans... where do we should sent this to...

Here's a web-tool (Click here) that will help you find your Senator/Congressman and give you prompts on how to address them. Click on "Elected Officials", enter your zip code and it will tell you everything about your representative. I usually send emails, but for a case like this one I think I'll fire off an actual letter. If we don't say anything about this kind of behavior then it will never stop.

I think I'll let Tom Delay (House Majority Leader) and every other congressman from my state hear about this one.

Never mind Mr Delay is too good to hear from me

** This member accepts email only from constituents. If you are not a constituent, this message will be forwarded to your representative.

Jerk! I suppose I'll have to stick to contacting just my Representative.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You forget the sale of klystron triggers and submarine prop milling machines to Chinese military interests. This is what the whole Clinton scandal started as. The BJ's were to keep the American peoples' interests away from the real selling out.

But, neither side of the aisle can allow a real investigation into corruption. Not the Dems, not the Reps. Once the scandal started, there was no way to shove the genie back into the bottle, so the whole Lewinsky thing was promoted ad nauseum. The rest of the "Starr report" lost in the shuffle.

This is why I think partisanship is so promoted. When a Republican gets caught red handed, it's turned into a "Democrats make this up, what about...blah blah". And when Democrats are caught, it's "a Republican conspiracy..blah blah". And everyone starts arguing about the underhanded tricks. Meanwhile, the corruption gets forgotten under the Media-fanned flames of partisanship and liberl/conservative bickering.

How many of you, when watching a disaster movie where Washington, DC. gets flooded, burned, hit with meteorites, nuked, or attacked by aliens, cheers inside thinking there would be the chance for a better future with all the machinations and lobbyists and parasites, and the records and blackmail and other scummy politics, wiped off the face of the earth?

Flush them all. Each one of them. All congresscritters. Their lobbyists, their assistants. Their staff. Hell, start at the state governor levels too, since that's where they come from. Term limits for all congressmen, and a mandatory amount of time (at least a year) in which they are not allowed to go to work for any company they were not employed for before becoming a politician-no more offers of cushy six figure jobs for votes.

Hell, even mayors gotta be looked at. A previous mayor here in the Bay Area is under investigation for corruption in regards to some waste management contracts.

Originally posted by grover
I am reminded of a letter written to the editor of the local paper durning the clinton nookiegate scandal...it was so good I still remember it and wish I could claim it for my own but alas honesty forces me to admit somebody else wrote it though I forget who. It read:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well it looks like this story is finally wrapping up. Congressman Cunningham has confessed to taking $2.4 million in bribes from defense contractors. Did he honestly think he could get away with such a large amount of obvoius corruption? I only hope the defense contractors are punished equally.

Calif. Congressman Admits Taking Bribes
After months of insisting he had done nothing wrong, Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham tearfully acknowledged taking $2.4 million in bribes, saying: "The truth is I broke the law."

The eight-term Republican and former Vietnam fighting ace pleaded guilty to graft Monday and resigned, admitting he took money mostly from defense contractors in exchange for government business and other favors.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by dbates]

new topics

top topics

join