It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's Al Qaeda threatens anyone who attempts to negotiate with infidels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iraq's al Qaeda vowed to kill anyone negotiating with the U.S.-backed Iraqi government in a Web statement on Tuesday, a sign the group was worried about possible divisions among its Sunni Muslim allies.

The group led by Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was responding to what it said were reports that tribal leaders in Iraq's third-largest city Mosul, the scene of frequent outbreaks of guerrilla violence, were seeking talks.

"Liars claim that the sheikhs of tribes in Mosul plan to hand over mujahideen (holy fighters) and assist the crusaders and apostates, and we do not know which tribes or sheikhs they speak of," the Sunni Muslim group said.

"We will impose God's punishment on anyone who stands by the crusaders or becomes their ally or supports them. The righteous swords are unsheathed and hunger for blood," it said in a statement posted on an Islamist Web site.

The Iraqi government said on Sunday some rebels had approached it looking for peace terms but gave no details of who had made contact.

Zarqawi issued a similar warning in an audio tape attributed to him in April, referring to reports that U.S. and Iraqi officials had offered to negotiate with some militants.

im suprise Zarqawi even think negotiating was possible, that means he knows it could actually happen and thats why he made this statement for this purpose.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
According to one person on ATS, Zarqawi does not exist. So where did this come from?

I suppose because my son is in the Army, and has done a tour in Iraq, this makes me and my family a target? If i believe this, i will believe anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He's obviously a Mossad/CIA agent.

And he's right, who negotiates for peace??
Freedom fighting is all about killing everyone and everything for no reason at all. Peace is for the weak.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah. Peace is for the weak. Sending women and children to blow up a funeral, or beheading a nun is right in the warrior's code.

And if they are so strong, why do they run away from us when we go down the streets? Why haven't they taken one city, mounted one offensive, or managed to stop the elections.

They are miserables, annoying flees and that is is. We took over their country and started a government with under 2,000 dead. It has been two years now and that is all they can do. Sounds like they are getting their asses handed to them to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is there actually anyone in the world that Al Qaeda HASN'T threatened?

They seem to be pretty equal opportunity in that regard. Their philosophy is 'kill them all.'

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow people.

No matter what happens, its either:

1) The insurgents are right
or
2) The U.S. sucks.

Jeez, no winnin' these days. In my mind, this is yet another example of how all they want to do is derail democracy. It's clear. No conspiracy here. Get over it. Zarqawi wants a civil war, but he won't get it. Despite what you all think, the Iraqi people do STILL want a new government, and STILL Favor the U.S. OVER a regime.

From accounts and first hand experience, I can tell you this to be true. The left-winged media doesn't want people to believe the truth.

Unfortunately, in our day and age, there are always haters against the big dog - the U.S.

I think its just a sign of the desperation in the insurgents' eyes. Nothing more. Nothing less. Let's hope people see throught the smoke screen and realize the truth.

-wD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey, I think this insurgency is a good thing. Let all the wackos come out of the woodwork, and we will mow them down. I think it would be a good time to feign weakness, so that the terrorists will try to attack bases, and then we can mow them all down. Hahahaha. Just thinking of that makes me laugh. Hahahahahahah.

It's kinda like that movie Fort Apache. Invade the strongest point in the center of everything. Build a fort. Let all the Indians attack you. Then once you got them all in one place you get your guys out and blow them up.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
".... a running man with a knife can cut a thousand throats in a night..."

Manic reliqious thugs of the first order. The Iraqi populace, the contractors to rebuild Iraq, the fragile political structure, nations allied with or leaning toward western interests.......... all are to be intimidated in escalating fashion.

They invite upon themselves a terrible vengeance the world is well aware that America can enact.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

".... a running man with a knife can cut a thousand throats in a night..."

Manic reliqious thugs of the first order. The Iraqi populace, the contractors to rebuild Iraq, the fragile political structure, nations allied with or leaning toward western interests.......... all are to be intimidated in escalating fashion.

They invite upon themselves a terrible vengeance the world is well aware that America can enact.

Paxil. You needs lots and lots of Paxil. Maybe a little lithium.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it.

You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.

-Ho Chi Minh...he was right...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Firstoff Iraq does not have the logistical supply Vietnam had.
Secondly it does not have Soviet nukes to prevent the US from going all the way.
Lastly they are not as good fighters as the Vietnamese. They are not as organized and have never made an organized offensive. At the current rate they would have to keep this up for 60 years to get the same impact Vietnam had.

Vietnam was a strange situation as it was the very first time the US couldn't go all out on someone and defeat all it's enemies.

Worst case scenario would be a civil war. Even then there are advantages.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't think North Vietnam would have used those nukes,and true the Islamic extremists arent fighting as hard,Vietnamese used everything they could use against us,children with bombs,militants disguised as civilians. And again yes the extremists in Iraq aren't supported by a super-power.

new topics

top topics

join