It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training of Chinese troops for war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Is China training its troops for war or for circus?
, i dont see aniwhere in war wear u have to jump through a ring of fire. its most likely just to impress the politicians and generals who were there to review how China's military men are doing.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I guess its to do with proving bravery and courage, that or stupidity.

Maybe they have races across minefields afterwards

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You're in a building that has just been bombed and is ablaze, your only way out is through a window. I can see how the above training would be usefull.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Is China training its troops for war or for circus?:lol

That or it's some sort of call-back to the soldiers being noble like tigers. It does look like a circus act to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Looks strange but it prob a confidence, character building exersise. Lots of Armies use things to build confidence and character.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sorry, to what extent is it surprising that China trains it's soldiers for war? At last I knew we also trained our troops for combat. The purpose for that excercise may seem silly, but it's to reduce the effect of fire on the physcological aspects of the soldier not the physical.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You're in a building that has just been bombed and is ablaze, your only way out is through a window. I can see how the above training would be usefull.

Why not just build the actual building and have a controlled fire. Then it would be realistic confusion, not being able to see, the heat, not being able to breathe while trying to find a window. That would be more realistic then telling them jumping through a window in building that's on fire is the same as jumping through this hoop.

And to the original poster, how do you know that they are Chinese troops?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
[And to the original poster, how do you know that they are Chinese troops?

news.yahoo.com.../050603/ids_photos_wl/r515179255.jpg

here ya go.

top topics

join