It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the locust species from 'Independence Day'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think as much as we want to have some enemy species that comes along and wantonly squanders the planet's resources, life and future,
I think it is ourselves that is the mindless reproducing, destructive species that is wrecking havoc on this planet.

Killing off numerous other species,
fishing the oceans till everything is extinct, and we can't even feed ourselves.
Dumping toxic levels of industrial waste into the air land and water that goes down stream making tuna loaded with mercury.

denuding the evergreen forests to muddy environmental disasters killing off salmon spawning ground, yet another species we depend on.

The species that is most likely to cause humanity to become extinct, is humanity.

We are the ones over-reproducing and then demanding lifestyles that using current technologies, the planet simply cannot support.

We are so focused on right this instant satisfaction, that we have no mind or thought about sustainability.

Heard the expression given to the young, don't poop where you eat,
funny thing but i guess we are not that smart.

We fart where we breathe, pee where we drink, and poop where we eat.

We are an exceptional species,
Exceptionallly stupid species that is.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah, you are quite right. Humans have very little respect for their surroundings, and what little respect that is left is diminishing fast due to selfish demands and lifestyles. It is a sorry state we are in, but does not look like it will be getting any better soon.

Hmmm, but If we are the locusts, who is the crazy psycho who takes us out!?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe eventually when our machines become smart enough they will take us out. This is the premise of the Terminator and Matrix movies...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The species that is most likely to cause humanity to become extinct, is humanity.

Yup, you're right.

Now let's discuss what happens when genetically designed fish get loose and inter-breed with millions of years of evolution.

We are screwing this planet up at an incredible rate.

We really deserve to go the way of the dinosaur.

Nice post, too late I fear though.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I agree that mankind has a tendency to not take care of stuff. The earth is here to use and sustain use.

What is interesting is the Bible uses the word locust to describe "somethings" that are going to come upon the earth and torment mankind for 5 months at some point in history.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Actually, DBrant, I think the Bible describe as more then locusts (correct me if I am wrong as I have not read Revelations in a while). From what i remember John said he saw locusts with brestplates of armour, with the faces of men and mouth like a lion. Also he said they had tails like a scorpion in which to sting man and torment him for a certian amoutn of time.
This could actuall just be attack helicoptors with a type of nerve gas or something coming from the taill of the coptor.
How would someone like John who saw these things 2000 yrs ago describe what we have today? He would not know what an attack helicoptor was.
I am not saying i am right, just an observation.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
John said he saw locusts with brestplates of armour, with the faces of men and mouth like a lion. Also he said they had tails like a scorpion in which to sting man and torment him for a certian amoutn of time.
This could actuall just be attack helicoptors with a type of nerve gas or something coming from the taill of the coptor.

I have heard the helicopter explanation also but do not buy it. I believe "aliens" are demonic forces in reality. These "locusts/aliens/demons" are released from the bottomless pit. That is where satan will eventually be put. The have a king over them who releases them and he is referred to as a star. There are places where angels are referred to as stars.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
DBrant, i also believe some of what you say, but that does not mean that the locusts can't be helicoptors either. It could be a mixture of amn made war machines during war as well as aliens or demons and things also. Fact is neither you or I know for sure until it happens, you know what i am saying? i just keep an open mind to a lot of things until there is more possible visible proof.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Agent Smith said it best.

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet."

On the bright side, however, if there's a chance to save this rocky world, we're the best candidates to find it.

It's not so much stupid as short-sighted. You'd be hard pressed to find a time in our history when mankind thought about the road ahead and prepared for it.

top topics

join