It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interested in UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have been interested in UFO's since I was a kid, I have always thought there is the possibility of life beyond our solar system. Wether any of those other life forms have ever visited our planet is something that I'm somewhat skeptical about, but not totaly closed to the idea.

I have been reading some of the posts, and as far as the Galactic Federation goes, I don't buy it, sounds a little to star trekkie to me.I am also a Christian and obviously the GF would go against everything I believe in.

This leads me to a question I have had for years.

Why do so many people think that if aliens are ever found to exist, that,this will change some peoples religious beliefs?

Now granted I'm only looking at this through the christian point of view, but, I don't ever recall the bible saying God never created life on other planets.

According to my belifes, God created everything, so, why would God create the universe to be so massive, and then turn around and only put life on one tiny little blue planet.

I think its arrogant for us to think that we are the only planet with intelligent life on it.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well stick around. There's no definite answer to your q, you'll just have to form your own opinion. My personal opininon is that, yes, Something's flying around on earth. Wether or not they (UFOs) contain actual life or are just some kind of life forms I'm still undecided on, but I'm leaning towards yes, since they seem to behave in an intelligent matter, and just disappear whenever they feel like it. Stupid aliens and their super technology. ¬_¬

On the matter of galactic federation, lizard people and stuff like that, the answer is that there's a lot of crackpots in this forum, coming up with All kinds of crazy theories. Don't worry, you'll spot them and just learn to where their threads are, just like I have.

Oh, and I'm not sure I'm the person to answer those christian questions, you see, most ppl here are most likely atheists. They have embraced the religion of science and once you're there you can't go back.
But sure, the short answer is that if/when we get real solid contact with aliens they'll reveal that it was them all along. They've probably been hanging around our neighbourhood a couple of thousand years aaaaand.. I'll let you do the rest of the math.
But stick around, maybe you'll turn atheist... either that or gay, you know.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Micheald, there is an annual event held in Washington called The X Conference.

It covers lots of topics and has lots of distinguished speakers.

One of this years speakers was a biggie guy from the Vatican and he made it quite clear that the Catholic Church does have time and space within its doctrines for alien life.

Gonna be a crowded place that there heaven by the sounds of it, good job I wont be moving in.

I cant remember the guys name but if you google "X Conference 2005" you should get some info on the church and aliens.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Interesting. Will there be any live coverage of this conference (probably not), or maybe some streams coming online later perhaps?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I have been reading some of the posts, and as far as the Galactic Federation goes, I don't buy it, sounds a little to star trekkie to me.I am also a Christian and obviously the GF would go against everything I believe in.

The reason is sounds trekkie is because it is trekkie. There is no more evidence that leads to an actual GF than there is evidence leading to a race of underground lizard men.

Why do so many people think that if aliens are ever found to exist, that,this will change some peoples religious beliefs?

Many religious people beleive that proof of another race of beings goes against the scripture. What people forget is that the Bible was written by man. The words may have been put in man's mind by God, but in the end it was man who wrote and edited the bible. Just because it was not included in the Bible does not make it any less possible. And there are certain scriptures that elude to ET races and ufo's. I started a thread a while back about one of the more plausible ufo sightings found in scripture...
Chariot of Fire

Now granted I'm only looking at this through the christian point of view, but, I don't ever recall the bible saying God never created life on other planets.

I see it thru the same point of view
The bible does not say that life does no exist elsewhere. Considering that man was supposed to be perfectly created in "his" image, and that man sinned and became immortal, it is sorta logical to imaging that God could have created a plan B to see if man could really get it right the second time around.

According to my belifes, God created everything, so, why would God create the universe to be so massive, and then turn around and only put life on one tiny little blue planet.

I think its arrogant for us to think that we are the only planet with intelligent life on it.

It's not only arrogant, but mathematically ignorrant when considering the vastness of the universe.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Drexon..... this years X Conference was in April.... it was very UFO orientated but I only heard about the Monsignor from the Vatican....sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

While not a Christian, there is an amazingly simple answer for this...

The Bible DOES state that Man was created in God's image. Therefore, if aliens exist, and are more advanced than man, then what does that say about God? Since Man is created in God's image, and yet is inferior to this other advanced being, perhaps their God is greater than our God, etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda......

It's an interesting dilemma for organized religion. Of course, no doubt they'll take the easy out....

Simply claim that the term "Man" refers to all sentient life in the Universe...and that God's "image" is that of a bipedal humanoid... That'll last until we at least encounter an alien not of that description...but by then, the Bible will then have likely be further revised to compensate for reality....

BTW: Check out this thread on some of the classic UFO cases, by myself and many other members, and links, etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The Bible DOES state that Man was created in God's image. Therefore, if aliens exist, and are more advanced than man, then what does that say about God? Since Man is created in God's image, and yet is inferior to this other advanced being, perhaps their God is greater than our God, etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda......

Well the bible talks about being that are more advanced than humans, these beings of course are angels.

It's an interesting dilemma for organized religion. Of course, no doubt they'll take the easy out....

Simply claim that the term "Man" refers to all sentient life in the Universe...and that God's "image" is that of a bipedal humanoid...

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Gazrok]

I would have to say that, that is was it means, if not we would all look indentical and obviously we don't.

We come in all kinds of varieties already, White, Black, Oriental, Native American ETC. So if we are mad in God's image I would have to say that, God's image is that of the typical bipedal human form.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well the bible talks about being that are more advanced than humans, these beings of course are angels.

Theologically then, that opens up a whole other can of worms...

Since the only beings more advanced than man are God's own emmisaries, are the aliens then his emmisaries as well? And so on, and so on.

It isn't the discovery of aliens that would affect religions. It would be the INTERPRETATION of that discovery, that would make or break a particular sect or faith. No doubt, WHEN the reality is revealed, regardless of the aliens' motivations, different faiths and sects will respond to it differently. Some will call them gods, some demons, others fellow men, etc. It should be interesting to say the least....

top topics

join