It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old dies at Disneyland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
A four year old boy died at Disneyland after passing out on a ride..

www.foxnews.com...

Im sure the ride will now close and the park will be sued. Problem is that nowhere does it say a malfunction caused the death. However this begs the question, where does a companies liability end?

Can someone or thing be held responsible for causing death to someone who had a previously undiagnosed condition? I dont think so, but lets wait and see.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What kind of sicko would take their 4 year old on THAT attraction???
(apologies to anyone who has done this without having been on the ride first...but if you've ever been on it, you'd be like no way!)

And who the hell over 55 would go on it...???

That's just begging for trouble...

Still, their restrictions for this ride obviously are not stringent enough. The ride is awesome, but you've got to be fairly fit to not be wacky after it....

The park won't close, but that ride will either go bye-bye or have much more strict requirements (as it should...a 4 year old???)

They won't have to sue. Disney will settle up with them hardcore, I guarantee it... That family will be set financially without even needing to sue. But no amount will replace the child they lost.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
intensity?? space mountain...that ain't intense. I went on that in france and it sucked...maybe the florida one is better... I dont think the park can be held responsable for ignorant parents. Obviously the kid should have never been on the ride in the first place if he's going to pass out and die. But it's not up to the park to check blood pressure, health conditions before everyone gets on a ride, they have signs all over the place saying if you're too fat to fit in the seat don't bother queuing up, or if you've had a heart attack in the passed few months don't go on this ride etc etc...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The ride wasnt space mountain. Its a simulator. Ive seen a dozen rides that are more violent than this one. I personally think that its a fluke. I think the kid a previoulsy undiagnosed condition that got rattled on there. Of course, mom and dad will probably become millionares now. Should they?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I agree,
I live in Australia and holidayed in Florida earlier this year..
man that ride ROX..

and that poor youngster MUST of had a clot, or some sort of medical issue happening for him to just go limp during the ride and not come back.

I HOPE the ride doesnt close,
I hope the minority groups DONT Win again!

new topics

top topics

join