It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Does anyone else get a really bad feeling when they see Pope Benedict? I am not anti-catholic, but I just can't shake the feeling that this guy is bad news. I don't think it is his nazi past which bothers me, God can change a man, There's just something about him.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So...based upon what?

Gotta give folk more than this to go on....

The way he looks?

Acts?

Past history?

Previous posts within the Church?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Based solely on feeling. I don't know a whole lot about the man, so I have nothing tangible to make an accusation, just a feeling. It's like coming across a wild animal that you have never seen nor have any knowledge of, but you feel it could be dangerous. I know a lot of people who get a bad feeling when they see Pope Benedict. Please don't think I'm trying to bash the guy, or the Catholic Church. I had the very opposite reaction to John Paul II.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
He creeps me out. One member on here has an Avatar that shows him morphing into a lizard LOL. Thats exactly what he looks like to me.

There is something about him that is creepy, I agree with you. I have an uneasy feeling about him too.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
yeah me too. Check out my Avatar !

He reminds me of the evil sith from Star Wars.

I believe in the St. Malachy Prophecies, and i believe that this pope will be responsible for leading his flock through many calamities in the world, and ultimately being the Last True Pope, despite what i think will be a short term as pope.

If you think this Bad is bad just wait until ..."Petrus Romanus" takes over. He's Next!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If that guy came up to me in a bar.. I'd run a mile. I don't know exactly what it is about him.. I can only guess it's his appearence.. crooked smile.. sunken eyes.. he looks like a sleezy politition who might say things like 'you can trust me..'. I know that sounds awful.. but you can tell alot about someone by their face and body language.. he seems to savour his power a little too much.. no humility.. not a good quality in someone with so much power.
John Paul on the other hand.. while I don't agree with some of the things he's done.. he did do alot of good and.. he had a nice and sincere face.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Admittedly I'm having a hard time understanding this.....

The Pope is being judged because you don't like the way he LOOKS?!

Sure, we can often tell a lot from body language - but how many of us are really able to tell from what we're shown on a TV screen?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It is amazing how people these days base thier opinion on someone based on thier looks or "vibes" they get. I dislike the RCC and the whole idea of a Pope, but even I have to give a bit more tangible reasons to dislike him then what you may get from a first impression.

If you cannot give a reason to dislike him beyond superficial things, kindly keep your bias onad hypocritical opinion to yourself or shallow freinds who think it is only to dislike a person based on first impressions

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
[edit on 14-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Admittedly I'm having a hard time understanding this.....

The Pope is being judged because you don't like the way he LOOKS?!

Sure, we can often tell a lot from body language - but how many of us are really able to tell from what we're shown on a TV screen?

It is just a theory as to why he gives me a bad impression.. and yes you can tell alot about somone by their body language and facial expressions. That was my immediate impression.. which seems to have only been confirmed when the first thing he did as pope was use his pulpit to promote discrimination against gays and attack the use of condoms to prevent HIV. If he were a moral pope he'd be jumping up and down about all the poverty and straving children in the world.. but I guess that isn't as urgent as ordering people to stop screwing.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I was not trying to judge the man, nor was I being hypocritical. I just found it strange that so many people get the willys when they see him. I wondered if it was just a local thing or if others get the same feeling. It is just my opinion and since this is an opinion board why should I keep it to myself? As long as I don't break the rules, my opinion is every bit as valid as yours. Anyway I didn't post this query to start an arguement, I just wanted other peoples reactions to this guy and maybe learn more about him so that I would have something better than a gut reaction to base my opinion on.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
the only this that should worry people is that he is the second to last pope ever, accoring to prophacy anyways. if the next pope is peter the roman the catholic church should fall.

anywho, hes the pope.

if i find a world leader creepy its vladimir putin.

not just the fact that he looks kinda evil, its the fact that hes ex KGB is what really worries me.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
For myself, as their defacto direct conduit to God, you'd think one would choose a man who isn't afraid to die for his beliefs.

The fact that he joined the Nazi party (regardless of "not having a choice" etc.) shows that he does not have such convictions, and thus is unworthy of such a position, imho... There is ALWAYS a "choice".

But then, I'm not Catholic, so not like that matters....

And yes, superficially, the man is one creepy mofo....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have to agree - there is "something" about him that just doesn't seem right.

I'm not saying I don't like him - I don't even know him, but...

join