It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Judicial System, or a Jaded Public?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Tinkle, broaden your thought process and you'll understand that in context with the entertainment crowd, I was not lsering in on sleeping with children, but their whole askewed lifestyles, lack of understanding of reality and warped senses of morality.

Now, if this is unclear to you, then either, 1) you have better things to do than to pay attention to the Hollywood crowd and haven't read of their "differences" with the rest of America, or, 2), you are one of them!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
In case you have forgotten, THIS FREAK OF NATURE IS QUITE NORMAL IN THE HOLLYWOOD ENVIRONMENT!

I think even by Hollywood standards, Jackson is a freak of nature. Even the "Prince of Darkness" himself, Ozzie Osborne, was appalled by Jackson's admitted behavior, even before the raid on Neverland.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Jackson had one of the best attorneys in the US. The fact that this jury acquitted him amazes me - they're not a jury that would be symapathetic, IMO. For example:

8 - White female, 42. Works full time in special needs education. Married with four children aged between four and 20. Has a relative or close friend who has been accused of sex abuse and two female relatives who have been the victims of abuse, one who was raped when she was 12. Believes everyone should draw their own conclusions from media reports.
Jury

Of course, they can hardly be considered his peers.

Snedden blew it with the conspiracy charge. And the victim's mother. When she found out about the alleged abuse, she didn't call 911, or a doctor: instead, she called the lawyer that represented the 1993 victim. Follow the money. Her courtroom behavior was contemptible also.

As long as the justice system is a cross section of humanity, verdicts like this are possible. They tried the mother as much as they tried Jackson.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Tinkle, broaden your thought process and you'll understand that in context with the entertainment crowd, I was not lsering in on sleeping with children, but their whole askewed lifestyles, lack of understanding of reality and warped senses of morality.

Now, if this is unclear to you, then either, 1) you have better things to do than to pay attention to the Hollywood crowd and haven't read of their "differences" with the rest of America, or, 2), you are one of them!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Silly me.

Far be it from anyone here to overgeneralise. Wouldn't happen, would it? Nope. And naturally, such heinous acts would never happen amongst the non-famous contingent of the US, either.

And here we are on a website which encourages us, above anything, to question what the media etc might be telling us? Funny, that. Cos it'd be the media who'd be telling us those same little snippets about our Hollywood stars, non?

Darn, when to believe 'em, and when not to believe 'em - that is the question!

Serious question time though - did prosecutors "reserve" any possible allegations to circumvent double jeopardy, in the event of acquittal for these charges?

I can't seem to find anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't think so, Tinkle, and without even looking for any, I'll tell you why; they've gone after Jackson so many times now that a videotaped rape of Romper Room wouldn't get him convicted. It is useless, now.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I don't think so, Tinkle, and without even looking for any, I'll tell you why; they've gone after Jackson so many times now that a videotaped rape of Romper Room wouldn't get him convicted. It is useless, now.

I know I shouldn't laugh - but dammit, that was just too much for me

Yes, I do think you're right. The Prosecutors who cried wolf, it seems. Now we'll have to see if the inevitable vigilante psycho will try and have at him.

Oh, what a world, what a world.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't know a whole lot about his case..............but the way the Judicial system is set up seems to result in an ever increasing seperation of truth and justice from the judicial system itself...........

Here's what I mean.........

If you are a defendent and able to hire top defense attorneys..............as a result you put the best and brightest up again the prosecution....

.......Now if the prosecuter is the state verses.........(defendent)......

Then the state would appoint state attorneys to prosecute......correct??

Last I saw.......that state doesn't pay near what an attorney can make working with a private law firm.............that said, wouldn't those most capable lawyers end up on the side of money in the private sector?

OJ wins with the dream team against lousy state prosecuters..........but Manson was put in the slammer (and rightly so with less evidence) against a state prosecuter but Manson didn't have money to hire a top defense team............

Therefore, is our justice system (at least in high profile cases of defendant with money) now become a courtroom contest of the best and brightest attorney skills pitted against what the state can offer in prosecution rather than seeking the truth??

BTW...........If Mr. Jackson was innocent of the charges.........then why does he discriminate in sleeping with only little boys.............how come not little girls too?...................That odd gender preference alone should be a red flag let along sleeping with strange children.

Just my 2 cents on this.......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join