It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A baboon with rabies?

Doesn't rabies make the animals do stuff they would never do when they are healthy?

Or then it could be some unknown monkey species that feeds on blood.. monkeys can leap quite long distances. And the animals are not afraid of monkeys.. so why not?

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by Outtis]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"Very interesting. I have yet another question for you though. How would scientists be able to clone this thing back in the 1950s?"
Hadn't thought about this tell you brang it up.

The animal had to be sexually controlled by the aliens as for, if they got out into the wild, they would cause havok if they could reproduce. Their reproduction organs are usually turned off

They also had to be able to multiply effiently which would mean sexual reproduction. Their sexual organs can be turned off and on by remote

The Chups do not need any kind of evolution since they are already working at optimum effiency. Two chups are not needed for reproduction since any deviance to their DNA is not needed. They reproduce A sexually(thx for the idea)

All the scientist had to do is figure out how to remotely activate their captive chup's reproduction processes.

Thx for bringing this up. It will be a great plot enhancer for the movie.

ID

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
With a creature this physically dominant I do not believe we ever captured one. I also believe we may never capture a live one. This would be the closest example of perfect evolution on our planet (the perfect one being from the movie ALIENS). There is no way it can be an earth born species, as there are no relatives of any kind that could be linked to El Chupacabra.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The red eyes make me think that it doesn't see in the visible electromagnetic spectrum. Our eye structures are perfectly geared for seeing visible light on Earth. But these creatures have a completely different type of eye. The infrared spectrum would be a great tool for the chups to use.

Imagine a scene like this in my movie. It would be so sweet, but very expensive to produce. There are a few thousands warriors asleep that plan to fight the alien invaders. It is night. around 300 chups are running to attack these troops. They jump 50 feet in the air, glide themselves down to the head structure of the target which with infrared they can see through tents and stuff. They rip through the tents and instantly suck blood from the victims head killing him instantly. This way, the entire force would fall with ease.

ID

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I really like your theory on the eyes, it is something that I had considered but not the extent that you did. As for them being used as weapons I really disagree with this mode of thinking. None of their actions thus far would lead me to believe that they have been bread or trained for combat. Their mannerisms resemble that of a great cat or member of the Canine species and neither of these are at all hostile to anything but their prey. El Chupacabra runs from humans, I can see no logical reason for this fitting in the hypothesis that it is breed as a worrier. If it is a weapon wouldn't they train it to kill humans to eliminate witnesses?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Like I said, we don't know what we did to the animal when in captivity. He could have had bad experiances with humans and figured he shouldn't mess with us. Hey, if the animals wanted to kill stuff all the time, they could take out the aliens too. Perhaps some kind of drug was developed to make the chups aggresive when need be.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The mothman creature sure is similar to Chupa huh? This is a cave from this website....

www.graveaddiction.com...

"The TNT Area is really part of the McClintic Wildlife Management Area. Mark told me that during World War II the Army stored chemicals in camoflagued domes there. Back in the late 1960's there were several mothman sightings in this area. "

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

ID

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I do not believe that the two are in any way related. Mothman appears to be an entity who's mental abilities far surpass our own. El Chupacabra on the other hand has demonstrated nothing more then basic animal instincts, nothing to warrant confusion between the two. The two could possibly be related (not likely but anything is possible) but if you are inferring that they are in fact one and the same then I believe you to be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They supposedly have red eyes. And they are black. They are not known much about. Besides they both do scary things. One would appear (Chupa) to be more animal, the other (Mothman) more of the human intelligence sort.

But then I haven't done enough investigating on them so what do I know. I'm sort of using this site to tack information on while I move along. And yea, to get a response to see what's up and in what direction I'm heading. You know. That way. Haha. Over there......

In other words I'm on the right track. I just repeated everything you said. Hahaha. Yea, I kind of felt that the Mothman was a Black with a Capital B, Entity. While the other a sweet little creature just trying to exist.

"The Fortean world is a difficult one. A Fortean knows that the most unusual elements can somehow be connected in surprising ways. It is difficult to take things in isolation - and Loren Coleman, as a good Fortean, knows this. And so his latest book on Mothman covers so much more than the Mothman sightings we all know and love from Point Pleasant. A particular favourite of Colemans is the name game and along with cryptozoology its well represented in this latest book. " www.sciencebooknet.com...

[Edited on 9/10/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've been interested in the Chupacabra for awhile.

It's kind of scary, that things like this exist, and we don't know that much about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I just read.. and skimmed.. all 5 pages... I didn't read every response fully, but I did at least skim them all..
and here is what I have to say:

Glowing Eyes:
A lot of animals eye's glow in light at night (humans do too, but you need I think flourescant light to see it, because our eyes are #ty compared to alot of animals ((for nightvision anyway))) Alot of reptiles have orange to red glow to them, and so do quite a few mammals.

Spikes on their back:
ALot of reptiles have spikes, or scales that have evolved to look like their surroundings, such as moss, twigs,grass ect. These spikes could be evolved scale formation to blend in with the foresty area's they live in? (Isn't it a rain forest in PR?)

Flying:
A few species of reptiles have wing like flaps connecting between their legs, allowing them to glide..

Size:
4 feet is not that big for a top end reptilian predator.. just look at komodo dragons, goanna's, and crocadillians.

Bullets:
Most people suck at shooting, especially when they are scared. Just ask a policeman about shootouts, and they can give you info on how bad of shots people are usually. I'd guess that people just shot "at it" but missed by a mile, and say they repel the bullets.. instead of " I suck and couldn't hit it!!"

Jumping:
Alot of animals can jump great distances compared to their body height/weight.. just look at cats.. I would not be surprised if an animal 4-5 feet.. could jump up to 20 feet or more.

I believe they are real.. I don't believe aliens brought them, or our gov't created them.

ID

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
EWom everything you have just said is exactly what I have been saying, thank you for backing my points up! The only thing I missed was the glider flaps you mentioned which is actually a good point. The only thing that you didn't explain in your post is the blood sucking (no reptile does this) and the hypnotic trances of the other animals.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe that the creature is most likely a mutation of some sort or possibly an undiscovered species.I do not believe that it is an alien.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You guys are no fun. Look at the name of the website....think conspiracy

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It'd be cool to read. Map out chup sightings against alleged gov't experiments, etc.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID
The only thing that you didn't explain in your post is the blood sucking (no reptile does this) and the hypnotic trances of the other animals.

Vampires can do this

I'm pretty sure that you'll find 1 or 2 animals in the world that drink blood, and I'm also sure that there are some other types that can hypnotise their prey. I think snakes do it...

ID

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   

ID, why don't you start a research thread on this

It'd be cool to read. Map out chup sightings against alleged gov't experiments, etc.
I would love to do that, the only problems would be the fact that I do not believe that at the present moment I can dedicate the proper amount of time to do this phenomena justice. Not to mention most of the Internet resources only tell the basic things that I am most members on this site already know. I have yet to see anything involving detailed sighing maps or anything like that. Let me ask you this if (when I can get the time) I did decide to do this would you consider being part of my research team?

Here is a quote for William's Research Forum: Information and Guidelines

We have a new forum at ATS, and a new strategy for developing our own meaningful content here on ATS. The research forum will be very much like the debate and collaborative fiction forums where only members with a title of "ATS-Scholar" may post. The intent is to create a collaborative area where dedicated research teams can post their findings, compile theories, reject erroneous information, follow-up on rumor, and publish completed findings on various site-related topics. Once a team has completed their collaborative research and authored a final research "paper", it will be published to our news portal, and press releases will be broadcast to traditional media.
I would not be able to start this right away not to mention I am not an "ATS-Scholar" but I would love to at some point take on this project.

Anyone who would be interested in joining a research team for this let me know.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'd be interested in join a research group

and I'm quite sure several others of us here would too.

ID

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Glad to hear it DiscoFever,

Well, like I said I am not sure how much time I can put to the issue right now but in the future I would love to do a group on this. Anyone interested in joining this group send me a U2U about it. The only problem is that I am not an ATS Scholar, does anyone know how I can go about becoming one?

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
becoming a scholar is somewhat easy.

write up a proposal, right, post it on this thread and ask fellow interested members to review and get a consensus.

Once you ahve that u2u to Willam, along with team members you want. I don't think you can have more than 5 members or so. He may or may not allow your project.

Then set up a chit chat thread for general milling about and post hard core results on the research thread. Be sure to update the research thread every couple of days or so. I can't really be a team member cause I don't have the time, although who knows.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join