It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm sorta new to this cause I only found this site a couple of hours ago. Amazing the things you do at 5am... yea, anyway...

I was watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel the other night that caught my attention. It was about some of the weirder varieties of creatures that are said to be on earth. Amongst the Jersey Devil and the UK's Big Cat problem was an article on what Puerto Rican's are calling 'Chupacabras' (or 'Goat Sucker'). This creature is said to be able to run at incredible speeds and jump to heights of up to 50ft. Police Officers have claimed to shoot at it and the bullets were simply repelled as if by some sort of force-field. One even reported shooting the creature at point-blank range.

Well, regardless of the speculation and myth that surrounds the creature, something is killing pets and farm animals across Puerto Rico. All these attacks share common signs such as 3 (at least I think it's 3) pricks in the back of the neck (similar to mosquito bites) where the creature extracts blood from it's victim. Most alarmingly, it has been said that whatever this thing is managed to chase down an adult bull and kill it with the same method.

The full article is here:
UFO Area EL CHUPACABRAS/TERROR OF PUERTO RICO-MYTH OR BEGINNING OF A NEW REALITY?

I havn't made up my mind as to whether or not I believe it all yet but I was most intrigued by this. Of the half a dozen or so labs that tested a hair sample from the supposed creature, only one of them returned a result stating that the sample was of 'unknown origin'. This lab happened to be Japanese. The other labs were all in the United States and every one of them conveniently misplaced their samples or results.

Anyway, that's my first post and I was just wondering if anyone could give me any more information?

Thanks ppl,
RobHimself

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by RobHimself]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah everybody talks like the chupacabras are a recent phenom, but I remember watching Bonanza in the early sixties and they were talking about chupacabras. Did the script writers have precognition?

DRAGONTOWER

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I dunno, it was just something I hadn't heard about before and I wondered if anyone else had. I didn't realise it was as old as that tho.

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have always been fascinated by El Chupacabra and feel it is one of the greatest cryptozoological (not sure if that is a word) happenings on our planet. An interesting note about El Chupacabra attacks would be that in most cases there as no foot prints found in the area. This leads most to believe that is can either jump great distances or that it has wings (some witnesses report that it does some say it does not). Victims are commonly found which deep teeth marks in the neck and head regions and have been drained of blood. In stranger cases, when El Chupacabra bites in the midsection of an animal they have been found missing organs. This in and of it's self is not surprising but what is surprising is that the entry and exit holes in the animal are to small for the organs to have been removed from.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is the varying descriptions of El Chupacabra. Some report it with wings while most say it has spins along its back, others report it to have short black fur when most say it is bald and has dark skin. The only consistency between all the cases is the red eyes of El Chupacabra.

So now the big question where did El Chupacabra come from? Some say another dimension, some say a freak of evolution, and still others believe it was an alien pet left behind.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So now the big question where did El Chupacabra come from? Some say another dimension, some say a freak of evolution, and still others believe it was an alien pet left behind.

Dexter created it in his lab...I know, I saw the show...

Seriously though, I'm a little skeptical of the wildly varying accounts...and the bouncing bullets bit....no doubt though...there is something there....

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Chup sightings began showing up in the net news back in 97, maybe 98. Most of the news about them now originate from South America. The chup must have wings, either that or it is one great swimmer. I read a report on rense.com that a farmer actually shot one with a shotgun and found the bones about a month later. He sent them to one of the universities and three days later they returned the bones to him and stated it was a dog. Problem is, he insists they are not the same bones.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ah..Chupacapras...I don't know much about these..but very interesting to say the least..BUT! Welcome to ATS and by any chance do you play a game for PS2 called SOCOM?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No. We don't own a PS2 yet. My son bugs me constantly about us owning one. His games are all Nintendo types. The games I play are strictly PC war games. I have played all the Command & Conquer games, Warcraft, Total Annihalation, Loved XCOMM - Apocalypse but it won't play in Windows 2000. Shame, I miss that game.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
lol, Gazrok, I saw that episode.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd play SOCOM online, but I don't have a network adapter or broadband. I beat the single player missions though.

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The chup must have wings, either that or it is one great swimmer. I read a report on rense.com that a farmer actually shot one with a shotgun and found the bones about a month later. He sent them to one of the universities and three days later they returned the bones to him and stated it was a dog. Problem is, he insists they are not the same bones.

Do you know if the original skeleton had wings? Because if it did that would clear this whole thing right up. I think it is unlikely that it has winds unless it can conceal them somehow like a beetle. Otherwise how do you explain the fact that most of the eye witness accounts mention spines on the back and no wings? If they could see the spines surly they could have seen the wings.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Saw the picture, but could not make out either wings nor spines. Some of the witnesses stated that they had tremendous leaping abilities. Some farmers had dogs on the properity but stated that the animals seemed hypotized and were unable to protect the other animals.
What are everyones opinions on these things:

1) New species?
2) Escaped government genetic experiment?
3) Alien species now feeding on this planet?
4) The dogs of Hell unleashed?
5) To much feasting on the Coca plant?
6) People needing attention?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well..ok..but I was talking to RobHimself lol..but yeah..SOCOM is a great game

Rob, the reason I am asking is because I know a !88!RobHimself from socom online...and I was wondering if it was you.

-WD

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have seen the pictures of the skeleton but it is so decomposed it is difficult to tell much from it. I too have heard people say it can jump large distances. This coupled with the spines that are often reported may give the appearance that El Chupacabra is flying when in fact it is not. I do not believe this is a natural species as we would have seen a gradual evolution and as of now there is no animal that even comes close to matching the description of El Chupacabra. So, I do not believe it is a freak of evolution. Government testing is a possibility but it does not make sense. What I mean by this is why would the government want to create a creature that would suck blood? I can see no practical application for this talent. Therefor my vote goes for alien however I do not believe that it is feeding on the planet as you put it Rockmea I simply think that for whatever reason it was stranded here. If it were a government project the thing would be going after humans and would be more brazen about its attacks. It sounds to me like this thing is simply trying to survive in a foreign environment.

On a side note: RamenSaurus and WeBDeviL please continue your gaming discussion in another forum as it does not pertain to the intended subject. Thanks a lot.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
ID -- You make a good point. If it is alien, then it is either intelligent or dropped here by another alien species. Either case the two areas it lives in are thick with forest. Unfortunetly it has not stuck to the wooded areas and has been feeding in human populated areas. I guess by the simple fact alone that it feeds on animals makes it intelligent, otherwise humans would fall victim to it also. Some of the witnesses have stated that soon after reporting the chup encounter, unknown human agencies where spoted in the area. I think our government knows about these creatures. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I heard that el chupacabras were some freak experiement that escaped a south american biogenetics lab. my 2�

~Jeffrey

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockmea

2) Escaped government genetic experiment?

Huh, that brings to mind "The Outsider" from Dean Koontz's marvelous novel "Watchers". If you haven't read it you have no idea what I am talking about.

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I guess by the simple fact alone that it feeds on animals makes it intelligent, otherwise humans would fall victim to it also.

Not true, the reason it has only attacked animals is that they are the most easily obtained source of food. Humans are much larger and more powerful, it would be much more difficult for it to take one of us down then taking down a goat. This habit shows that it is not intelligent but is acting on instinct. The reason it has not explored human populated animals is that it (like most animals) is afraid of us. If my theory about it not being intelligent is correct then it would be terrified of the lights and sounds of a city or well populated area. This would explain why it attacks rural farms.

As for how it got here I do not believe it was dropped. What would dropping a Chupacabra on earth do? No, I believe it being here is a mistake I think it escaped during a crash. There have been reported crashes of unidentified flying objects in Puerto Rico.

Here is a good question for you: Could there be more then one El Chupacabra out there?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am speculating here, but I believe it is an alien food source that escaped when a UFO crashed.

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why would Grays eat Chupacabras? Doesn't make much sense to me. I am going with Alien research, they were most likely studying it when they crashed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join