It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ATS Neighborhood: Now Sex Offender Free (1 Day)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Okay, as of now I've banned all the sex offenders. The really bad ones anyway. Next I'm getting the gateway sex offenders: college streakers, Mardi Gras street urinators, chat flirts, BTS posters, etc.

And why not? With Jeb's new law to Use Satellites to Track Ex Sex Offenders for Life being all the rage, and now...

Texas Developers Offering Sex Offender Free Neighborhoods

LUBBOCK, Texas -- The sales pitch for a planned subdivision promises safety: criminal background checks for homeowners and, guaranteed, no convicted sex offenders.

It's a concept that might prove right for the times, said first-time developer Clayton Isom, one of three partners in a company that's creating Milwaukee Ridge on the outskirts of this West Texas city.

The high-profile deaths of two Florida girls allegedly killed by registered sex offenders inspired the idea, Isom said.

"It makes me sick at my stomach every time I hear one of these stories about these innocent girls," said Isom, a graduate student in business administration at Texas Tech University. He said if the sex offender-free neighborhood catches on in Lubbock, it could spread to other communities.

Why shouldn't that spread here? The fact is that a growing media hysteria and the liberal use of the word "epidemic" demands ATS do something. I have.

Thanks for submitting your ISP to a background check and pervwatch cookie by viewing this thread. Remember, this thread is only for non-sex offenders. Please don't try to comment if you're a pervert marked for life. Your rehabilitation and civil libertarian "concerns" have no place in this mass hysteria.

Wow I live in Lubbock. I feel sort of dumb for not hearing anything about that. Oh well must of missed it.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
According to this law most of our parents would have been labeled sex offenders back when they were dating. As my parents ages differ by 5 years. Jeb bush is just finding a way to track everyone. I'm sick of it and glad I don't live in America.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just a quick note here - I have no pity for them, and if this can stop repeat offenders then I am for it. They lost their freedoms when they commited the acts in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
As a childhood sexual abuse survivor......I see nothing wrong with tracking the scum everywhere they go...they are not "rehabilitated" and continue to repeat the same crimes against children. We are scared for the remainder of our lives in ways you can not imagine.....they don't even deserve to breath air as far as I am concerned!

Well then, if this is true, why isn't the penalty for sex crimes death? What is the point of letting them live, if we have to expend millions to warehouse and track them for the rest of their lives?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
One of MJ's jurors said her grandson was a convicted sex offender. When he was 18 he and some buddies went streaking and he flashed the wrong person. Now he'll be considered a sex offender for the rest of his life. Seems a bit extreme but he was legally old enough to know better.

It will start with tracking the sex offenders. Then they will start tracking the old and senile. as the tech develops more capabilities they will begin tracking the school children and eventually they will track us all. It's only a matter of time.

I have no sympathy for sex offenders, they deserve to be tracked. This is just the beginning though. The first step in mans transformation into the Borg.

AND I'M AN OPTIMIST!!!!!!

Wupy

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
It will start with tracking the sex offenders. Then they will start tracking the old and senile. as the tech develops more capabilities they will begin tracking the school children and eventually they will track us all. It's only a matter of time.

Why should we start down that slippery slope? Why not kill them?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the simple act of "mooning"
someone in California can get one a sex offender status. Guess I'm
guilty of that one......How about the ol' college rage of "streaking"?
Ray Stevens even wrote a song about it (The Streak). Same-same....Sex
offender!!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh yeah I mean peeing in a park can get you on that list too. But when you see the list online it will show what offense they did and what danger level they are. What I don't understand is, the ones that are at a high level, why are they free?

I work for a big company and there's at least five on the list that work there and serious offenses too like six year old boys. This one guy walked by with a cane that's on the list and the girl I was sitting with didn't know it and she was friendly with him and he walked by and she said "hey what happened to your leg?" and he said "I fell" and when he walked away I said "yeah, he must of tripped in the sandbox"

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes, there are problems with the Sex Offender laws and registry. Just as there are problems with virtually every law. There is no perfect system of justice. However, the laws are clear. People know what they are before they do the crime. Knowing what can happen when you make out with an underage girl/boy should prevent you from doing so in the first place. There are billions of people on this planet, why must anyone have to go for the ones that will get them in trouble???

I'm sorry, but I have very little sympathy for sex offenders. Yes, I do feel bad for the 19 year old guy who gets in trouble for dating a 16 or 17 year old girl, as I've been in similar situations (never got in trouble or anything). But if I did committ the above mentioned crime, then I'd have nobody to blame but myself for getting in trouble and landing myself on the naughty list!

So lets stop putting our efforts into protecting the criminals and instead focus on the victims of their crimes. And lets try and put our efforts towards preventing any further victims.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I certainly have no feelings for sex offenders. I will say that that little TX community will have to finance itself for mortgages. Financial institutions cannot lend in communitys that have any type of "exlusionary" policy's so either you best come up with cash or find some nice Texan.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sex offenders....especially child abusers....have taken away from a person the very core of "rights" the right to innocence, the right to be able choose sex or not....they forfeited any rights they may "ever" have. Yes, the court system makes mistakes.....but if a jury has tried and found guilty a person of these charges.....are you telling us you would let "your" child go somewhere alone with this person and state that...."just because he/she was convicted doesn't mean he/she did it"? Not if you love your child you won't! These people have the neurons in their brain twisted...they are not mentally right on a sexual level....and they can't be "fixed", at least not yet......like homosexuals....they are born this way. If they have been convicted of this crime, if they are going to stay alive and live....they need to watched...because they will do it again.....there is no such thing as a "one time" molester....most molesters/rapist have done it countless times before they even get caught! As to Jackson. It was a gut feeling that this "man" was innocent...that he has a maturity level problem and is a child himself for the most part.....I always looked at his having children sleep in the same bed as him....like a childhood sleepover “to him”.....now...would I ever let a child be alone with him? Hell no!!! Or anyone else that had been accused of molestation.......but those actually convicted, those found guilty of the charges.....need to watched....they have no rights, they lost them when violated other's basic rights!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just came across this browsing the net if anyone's interested. I figured this thread would be an appropriate place to post it--if not let me know. Haven't checked it out, but here's the download description from the site:

Software Publisher's Description

A law enforcement officer teaches parents how to conduct their own criminal and sex offender background checks. E-book includes access to a database of over 400.000 registered sex offenders. Also includes valuable Internet safety tips

A Parent's Guide to Criminal and Sex Offender Background Checks (CNet's Download.com)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Blech I cant stand when human emotion gets in the way of justice. I've always believed that a punishment should end once someone gets released from prison. I cant stand this trend to punish people after they've paid they're debt to society. I mean thats the reason we send people to jail right? To repay they're debt to society? Once you get out of jail you're cool with me you've repayed your debt and your good to go. Its this societal vindictive streak that contributes to the levels of recidivism in this country. Not to mention our overpopulated prisons.

I mean yes we all know child molestation is bad but then again all crimes are bad thats why they're crimes. Murder is bad, fraud is bad, assault is bad, drunk driving is bad, stealing is bad. All those crimes can ruin peoples lives and
at the bare minimum will psychologically scar people for years. Should we keep track of all those people too because they might commit a crime again?

If someone is so dangerous to society that we have to watch them for the rest of their lives then why are we letting them be a part of society. Why dont we just institute the death penalty for everything that will solve all our problems once and for all we'd never have to worry about a criminal commiting a crime again. Of course then we'd live in a draconian police state but who cares the children will be safe and thats what counts.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
On a side note I hate laws named after people. They are almost always a kneejerk reaction by politicians looking to gain points by pandering to the baser instincts of an overly emotional public.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
It is my opinion that sex offenders do not ever fully rehabilitate ..

That's a FACT! Pedophiles can not be cured. EVER.
If you lock up a ped and they get out 10 years later,
then within hours they'll be stalking their next victim.
It's just the way they are and there is nothing that
can change that.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
if you're a pervert marked for life. Your rehabilitation....

The tracking laws are excellent. I'm all for it. Oh ... and the
above comment about 'rehabilitation' ??? Pedophiles CAN NOT
be rehabilitated. Impossible.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i cant help but laugh

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Like I said I'm from the town that this topic is talking about. And I just saw a commercial saying you can get, for the first time "sex offender free homes" I think that's a good thing.

isinvestments.com...

you can even see the commercials on their website.

Sex Offender Memo

I & S Investments has applied a sex offender free policy to their subdivision, Milwaukee Ridge, click on the link below to read the policy.

isinvestments.com...

[edit on 19-6-2005 by NoJustice]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join