It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perils of Planting WMDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The news story below is either propaganda of the extreme form or it is very suppressed intelligence info.

I don't know, I haven't seen it busted down to size anywhere. I would like to think the supposed 2IC for this operation is non-existent; I can't see how she would allow her name to be published.

So, I'm not knowingly posting false information as some people sometimes do. I am asking, who writes this kind of stuff, and what info if any do they have backing it, and what is the remotest possibility that some part of it could be accurate? (Recalling, for example, that the official count of the U.S. dead in Iraq is at least 80 less than the actual count).

Synopsis: A mission gone wrong we never heard of
Source: www.envirosagainstwar.org...
Published: August 9, 2003

CIA and DoD Attempted To Plant WMDs in Iraq � and Failed
July 2, 2003
Pentagon Whistleblower Reveals CIA/DoD Fiascos

According to a stunning report posted by a retired Navy Lt. Commander and 28-year veteran of the Defense Department, the Bush administration's assurance about finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was based on a CIA plan to "plant" WMDs inside the country. Nelda Rogers, the Pentagon whistleblower, claims the plan failed when the secret mission was mistakenly taken out by "friendly fire."

A DoD whistleblower details an attempt by a covert US team to plant weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The team was later killed by friendly fire due to CIA incompetence. In a world exclusive, Al Martin Raw.com has published a news story about a Department of Defense whistleblower who has revealed that a US covert-operations team had planted "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (WMDs) in Iraq, then "lost" them when the team was killed by so-called "friendly fire."

The Pentagon whistleblower, Nelda Rogers, is a 28-year veteran debriefer for the Defense Department. She has become so concerned for her safety that she decided to tell the story about this latest CIA-military fiasco in Iraq. According to Al Martin Raw.com, "Ms. Rogers is number two in the chain of command within this DoD special intelligence office. This is a ten-person debriefing unit within the central debriefing office for the Department of Defense."

The information that is being leaked out is information "obtained while she was in Germany heading up the debriefing of returning service personnel, involved in intelligence work in Iraq for the Department of Defense and/or the Central Intelligence Agency. "According to Ms. Rogers, there was a covert military operation that took place both preceding and during the hostilities in Iraq," reports Al Martin Raw.com, an online subscriber-based news/analysis service which provides "Political, Economic and Financial Intelligence."

Al Martin is a retired Lt. Commander (US Navy), the author of a memoir called "The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider, " and he is considered one of America's foremost experts on corporate and government fraud. Ms. Rogers reports that this particular covert operation team was manned by ex-military personnel and that "the unit was paid through the Department of Agriculture in order to hide it, which is also very commonplace."

According to Al Martin Raw.com, "the Ag Department has often been used as a paymaster on behalf of the CIA, DIA, and NSA and others." Accordng to the Al Martin Raw.com story, another aspect of Ms. Rogers' report concerns a covert operation which was to locate the assets of Saddam Hussein and his family, including cash, gold bullion, jewelry and assorted valuable antiquities.

The problem became evident when "the operation in Iraq involved 100 people, all of whom apparently are now dead, having succumbed to so-called `friendly fire.' The scope of this operation included the penetration of the Central Bank of Iraq, other large commercial banks in Baghdad, the Iraqi National Museum and certain presidential palaces where monies and bullion were secreted."

"They identified about $2 billion of cash in US dollars, another $150 million in Euros, in physical banknotes, and about another $100 million in sundry foreign currencies ranging from Yen to British Pounds," reports Al Martin.

"These people died, mostly in the same place in Baghdad, supposedly from a stray cruise missile or a combination of missiles and bombs that went astray," Martin continues. "There were supposedly 76 who died there and the other 24 died through a variety of 'friendly fire,' 'mistaken identity,' and some of them---their whereabouts are simply unknown." Ms. Rogers' story sounds like an updated 21st-Century version of Treasure Island meets Ali Baba and the Bush Cabal Thieves, writes Martin.

"This was a contingent of CIA/ DoD operatives, but it was really the CIA that bungled it," Ms. Rogers said. "They were relying on the CIA's ability to organize an effort to seize these assets and to be able to extract these assets because the CIA claimed it had resources on the ground within the Iraqi army and the Iraqi government who had been paid. That turned out to be completely bogus. As usual."

"CIA people were supposed to be handling it," Martin continues. "They had a special `black (unmarked) aircraft to fly it out. But none of that happened because the regular US Army showed up, stumbled onto it and everyone involved had to scramble.

These new Iraqi "Asset Seizures" go directly to the New US Ruling Junta. The US Viceroy in Iraq Paul Bremer is reportedly drinking Saddam Hussein's $2000 a bottle Napoleon-era brandy, smoking his expensive Davidoff cigars and he has even furnished his Baghdad office with Saddam's Napoleon-era antique furniture.

The Iraq Debacle Du Jour has evidently been extensively documented by the DIA debriefing teams with "extensive tape recordings of interviews with the Iraqi returnees, the covert operatives (as well as their affidavits)." Al Martin Raw.com has dubbed this "Operation Skim Iraq."

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I can't find any sources that don't quote the Al Martin Raw website. Further, that whistle-blower Nelda Rogers also seems to have blown the whistle on the Columbia disaster cover-up and the Chandra Levy cover-up. For it to be true, she would have to be one busy woman.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Mycroft

Indeed...

www.radioleft.com...

Wondering if Nelda Rogers is a codename or anagram or some other. The reference below to 'searching for media outlets' is interesting. I know nothing at all of the Al Martin Raw site except it gets picked up by all manner of strange websites...

The Pentagon Whistleblower�s Story - Part 2
By Geoff - Date: 2003-06-19 20:27:31

By Al Martin (Al Martin Raw)

[Copyright 2003 Al Martin. Reprinted by permission.]

(June 16) The Department of Defense whistleblower continues with her information about the NASA Columbia Disaster Cover-up and more details on the Chandra Levy Murder Cover-up story.

Nelda Rogers also headed up the special debriefing unit, which debriefed NASA engineers and other personnel after the Columbia shuttle blew apart. They have tape recordings and other evidence, which indicates that NASA was well aware of the existing problems with the spacecraft � and yet they chose not to install sensors which would have detected the problem early and allowed countermeasures to be taken. It was evidently all not done for reasons of cost.

It�s very clear that the disaster was avoidable. In other words, NASA was aware of the problem and installing the sensor system would have detected the problem before it reached a critical stage.

It should be remembered that for three years in a row, NASA only got a fraction of the budget it requested. Heads will roll at NASA and then the Bush administration will have an excuse to throw more money at them. The reason why it hasn�t come out yet is because after all NASA�s shuttle program is under military command. It�s under the command of the United States Air Force. In other words, somebody�s head would have to roll that�s a little too highly placed. That�s the implication. If it was just a bunch of engineers whose heads would roll, nobody would care.

The engineers actually work for NASA in the federal civil service. NASA is a civilian agency, but the generals whose heads would have to roll would be at a politically untenable level. That�s ultimately who is in charge. The shuttle program is a military program.

And therein lies the problem. There is no designated scapegoat. They must be having a hard time cutting off the liability at an acceptably low level. They have even named a Columbia Accident Investigation Board but no scapegoat has been named yet.

The reason you haven�t heard about this yet is because culpability has not yet been assigned � at an acceptable rank level.

(And speaking of rank level � In another story the Navy admiral who was in charge of the US Naval Academy abruptly resigned after he was found drunk and half naked with a bunch of female cadets and/or officers in the car with him. According to news reports, he was so arrogant he challenged the sentry who challenged him after which the situation escalated into the tawdry liability kind. They �regrettably� accepted his resignation. It was especially regrettable for him though because he won�t be getting any more young fluff. His new orders read �No more fluff for you.�)

But to continue with Nelda Rogers. She is another whistle blower looking for media outlets. She is interested in getting this material out for her own protection. She is concerned about her own well being.

In other words she doesn�t want to be Colby-ized. That�s a reference to former CIA Director William Colby who was found dead floating in a canoe....

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The Pentagon whistleblower, Nelda Rogers, is a 28-year veteran debriefer for the Defense Department. She has become so concerned for her safety that she decided to tell the story about this latest CIA-military fiasco in Iraq....

I hadn't thought of that, but if she went public out of concern for her safety, she had better use her real name, no?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Also, if you check out Al Martin's website, he's got a column titled "Behind the Scenes in the Beltway." which is dated August 4. The same day WITD started his thread "Rumers from inside the Beltway." Coincidence?

I havn't been able to find a reprint of that article elsewhere.

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Mycroft]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Mycroft

Interesting indeed.

I am not going to confess to not knowing what the beltway is, but nor am I going to make some pronouncement on it...!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Mycroft

Interesting indeed.

I am not going to confess to not knowing what the beltway is, but nor am I going to make some pronouncement on it...!

Honestly I'm not sure, but I think it's a highway that goes near the Pentagon.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Mycroft

Interesting indeed.

Ahh, the Beltway.

Better known as I-495/95, it's the highway "loop" that circles DC.
www.cnn.com...
It's known for its insane traffic congenstion and resemblance to a parking lot for most of the day.
Anything "inside the Beltway" is generally considered DC (and thus, relating to the gov't), while "outside the Beltway" is the suburbs.

I'm so glad I got outta that city.

-B.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Banshee

Thanks, it sounded like a ring road system, when you map it, it must come out as some Masonic symbol huh!

Sometimes with your local knowledge it sounds like you are still in the Beltway!

BTW, you are still a belt holder aren't you?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Banshee

Thanks, it sounded like a ring road system, when you map it, it must come out as some Masonic symbol huh!

Sometimes with your local knowledge it sounds like you are still in the Beltway!

BTW, you are still a belt holder aren't you?

Spend 5 years there, and some parts of it never leave you.
I'm a few hundred miles away from there now, thank god. 9-11 did me in, as after seeing what used to be my office go missing on that day I really couldn't handle the stress anymore.
And I'm only a belt holder by default, I guess, even though we don't technically have a Women's title anymore.

-B.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wasn't it Tony Blair that backed up this story with that stuff up where he admitted they were going to send WMD's to Iraq?

Almost as good as his "We cannot allow Saddam to continue to disarm" statement in parliament just before the war was officially not declared.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft
Also, if you check out Al Martin's website, he's got a column titled "Behind the Scenes in the Beltway." which is dated August 4. The same day WITD started his thread "Rumers from inside the Beltway." Coincidence?

I havn't been able to find a reprint of that article elsewhere.

So we have a potential ID on Whispers??? Would be VERY interested to know where this person is and/or works now...

I think we might want to go revisit Whispers threads one more time... might be a bit to them...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
So we have a potential ID on Whispers??? Would be VERY interested to know where this person is and/or works now...

I think we might want to go revisit Whispers threads one more time... might be a bit to them...

I wasn't thinking I knew who he was. Just where he got his information. My opinion is he was a hoaxter who grabbed some stuff from one website and passed it off as insider information on another.

But if you have another take on it, I'd love to hear it.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yep the good ol beltway. Gone down that road many a time when I was in army Training school at Ft Belvior, 15 minutes south on I-95, mostly from the back of a Taxicab puking my guts out from drinking waaaaay too much illegal alcohol at the Dome................

Anyway, perhaps this is whispers, but i doubt he was a hoaxter, he knew an awful lot about alot of things, confirmed by certain posters.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am not at liberty to say the source of my information, but I will say that Whispers was NOT a hoax of any sort... and I would point out that his/her predictions as relates to monetary activity and the events in NYC have largely been correct.

new topics

top topics

join