It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Alien technology be kept secret? or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Think about this for a minute. Do you think Alain technology should be kept secret or not? What if all this stuff about flying objects that can move beyond the physics we understand are true? If so could you Imagen the destruction humanity could chose with such aircrafts... Nukes that could be delved anywhere on the plaint in the blink of an eye? It seems us humans always need some type of mommy or daddy to guide us or police us to even remotely keep us under control.. You think 9/11 was bad?? what if the taliban had UFO technology to delver nukes?? Do you think the US should keep what we know secret??? Or do you think that man kind is better off knowing things such as this?

What do you think???

EDIT: Corrected title for easier search.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Just think if you introduced a cheap, reliable, non-polluting engine that didn't run on fossil fuels....

Great huh?

Nope.

Why?

Well, lets see... First, we'd have the carmakers scramble to integrate it. They'd retool, maybe even fire/hire new workers, etc. all costing them money, to be passed on to you the buyer.

Next, we see those nations exporting oil....and their economies collapse. All they have is weapons, so they war with their neighbors for THEIR resources.

Then, we see service stations, oil companies, etc. go suddenly out of business, and of course all these folks are without jobs, bringing us all into a Depression, etc.

Advanced tech, whether alien or not, has to be introduced along with an economic plan in order to minimize the disruption of society as a whole. You have to take in the BIG picture, lest you find yourself in the bread lines....

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Menacer,
what makes you think that alien tech is being kept secret?
There are some who state that we do indeed have alien tech that is slowly being introduced into our world.
Also, if there is alien tech in our possession, unless there is an alien here who is willing to explain every little detail of how the tech works including the theories, then we would have to reverse engineer the tech. That alone could take generations. Think about it this way. Say someone back in the 1930's were to suddenly come across a bluetooth or a laptop. How long do you think it would take for them to figure out what they were for? How long would it take for them to figure out how they work? How long would it take for them to replicate the tech.
Now, add to all this that alien tech will most likely not follow the same innovations that mankind has taken. How can we tell what any object is for? We can make educated guesses.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Almost all contemporary colleages of those credited for inventing the transistor, claim that they (the inventors) simply were incapable of doing so...

Interesting how ONE nation seemed to come up with so many advances after 1947, hmm?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Just as Gazrok said... But to add to it after that time the US had a lot of top secret black book projects emulating UFO / Flying sawsers.... You know that we where trying to duplicate / back engineer something that we know is real and call it our own... Why keep it secret if its nothing special?

Gazrok.. thanks for the info... never thought about it like that.. Geeez

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think it is very important to keep certain technologies secret, especially ones that can be used for bad intentions. But if they are harmless and would benefit society i think that there is no reason to not let us in on the secret.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
My opinion on the subject is i do not believe mankind as a whole is/are not ready for techology more advanced then our current level, due to the over abundance of greed and selfishness in the world, it only takes one smart guy or girl with a pretty big chip on there shoulder or just trying feed there ego alittle more could easily put it all asunder.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i feel its best kept secret. we as human beings are dangerously potential of amazing feats, even if there has been technologies given by e.t.i, we in the past 100 years have come a long way and have dealt with e.t. in a manner that has kept us from being totally totally vulnerable. we each have individuality and passion, which powers us greatly beyond than we even know. the human being is far capable of any irrational possibility and our discoveries in science show it.

think of the fact tat the human will and yearning to understand things is shared by billions of beings all equipped with individuality and thought, and for example zeta reticuli which are to be hive. the possibilites of our potential are far beyond the general acceptance.

adolf hitler
osama bin laden
dalai llama
jesus christ (i'm not religious, but for example)
....just some examples of passionate people who affected the world greatly. (good or bad just an opinion)

EDIT***

Quantum physics and energy.

Our world is going to get stranger than fiction folks!

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Jiffy]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
if we are currently using found alien technology or bringing in alien technology slowly i sure hope there is more to come.

imagine that we did find alien craft etc, and the current world we live in already contains all the alien technology they had.

kind of a let down no?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Just think if you introduced a cheap, reliable, non-polluting engine that didn't run on fossil fuels....

This may be coming sooner than anyone thinks, as paradigm shifts always pop up when least expected and not from aliens either! What we do when it arrives remains to be seen, but if we could carefully integrate it into our society we may be able to get around WWIII. We would have to do this globally and not just in the U.S. It is coming folks...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

imagine that we did find alien craft etc, and the current world we live in already contains all the alien technology they had.

kind of a let down no?

Well, at the very least, they'd have an interstellar drive....

That could be the ONLY invention they've one-upped us on, for all we know....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Gazrok, you are, as always, totally right.

You can't just jump right into that sort of thing. Don't forget Clarke's Third Law:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

How would you react if you saw some magic bust out in front of ya? What would you do?

Moreover, what would you do if you knew that you could, oh, say, utterly destroy your archenemy without any consequences whatsoever?

Mankind may not be inherently bad, we are inherently malicious.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes it should be kept out of the hands of North Korea, Iran, and Syria. So I vote for yes, but I think they should at least disclose the truth about ETs.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ive read some posts about alien tech being intergrated into our socity such as fiber optics, but i dont really buy into alot of it..

Some people attribute the computer boom in the second half of this centuary to alien tech again im skeptical.

The real question is what do they have and what is viable to to intergration, for example free enegry tech to me and to you its great but to the government and oil/gas corp, well lets just say theres money to be made.

And there only so much that can be recoverd from crashed craft , how much tech would humans 200 years ago be able to salvage from a space shuttle let alone implement with the resources present, not much i think. Now imagin these ET's are more than 200 year ahead of us how much of there tech could we fabricate given our resources, we could need elements that dont occure naturally on earth,just an example.

So in the long run it think we'd need co-operation with ets to fully implement
their tech.

Merkz out

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Merkeva]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, we're bound to have adapted SOMETHING, even if only ideas, in the past 50 years....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As many of you pointed out, some facts should be kept secret. Humans are crazy and very destructive, who knows what we could do if we knew/ had some of the AT (Alien Technology). Every year our technology improves a bit and we probably will be able to use AT, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeh Gazrok mabye we back enginered some cup holders or something

But something truely benifical to the human race ? Fair enough i like the idea of have back enginered there propultion systems, I belive they have, but what use does it have to the public ? All i can see it being used for is war and mabye covert exploration of the solar system mabye futher who knows ?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I still think that the modern day flip-phone (a.k.a cell phone) was an idea brought forth by a Star Trek fan from the 1960's.

Remember the communicator?

Now, beam me up Mr. Scott.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of the Hundredth Monkey Theory?

I was thinking if that was true with Humans also, how long would these secrets stay secret .

Would we have some major breakthroughs , because someone else is working with advanced secret tech ?

Not saying I believe that , just thinking.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Merkeva - You make a good point! All you guys have... but This question should be a hole new post. Them words are yours so I'd love to see a new thread about this!!

there only so much that can be recovered from crashed craft , how much tech would humans 200 years ago be able to salvage from a space shuttle let alone implement with the resources present, not much i think. Now imagine these ET's are more than 200 year ahead of us how much of there tech could we fabricate given our resources, we could need elements that dont occure naturally on earth,just an example.

If this did happen people from 200 years ago could actually learn a LOT!! Its the little things that matter... Like what??? They could recover plastic, metals that they already have but see how precisely machined it is made.... Styrofoam , screws , buttons with lights switches , advanced glass, dials , fabrics , cables computer chips , computers, screens... and a lot of crap I'm not listing... there would be enough stuff left over from the crash to give us ideas for the next 200 years!!! right?

It seems to me that humans are driven off of ideas... things they see from somewhere elce... You cant help it.. its life... Just as Freenrgy2 said about the flip cell phone...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join