It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question(s)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, that Battle for L.A. was amazing. And the UFO was never shot down! Their fire power didn't affect the UFO!

- So says Bill Hamilton

[edit on 14-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. Warthog you are of the opinion that I should read the lazer files and what other ones? Earth sister can you recommend anything in particular? I find this incredibly interesting. I know that for every possible "real" find there are upwards of a 100 ones that ae hoaxes. I am ready for that. I would like to be able to branch out from you basic ufo sightings into the inner workings of the alien/human interaction and hopefully discover how deep the rabbit hole goes so to speak. I am still open to suggestion. Thanks once again.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Either way... the internet is not the place to find truth. Its a place to find people and thier stories. All my "insider" info comes from the real world... the internet is just a place to play and goof around.

Well said!! I feel fortunate to live in an area riffe with High Strangness.
But i never would have experienced anything if I had been content just to just sit and stare at a monitor and play with my mouse. GO Outside!!
Adventures await, do something even if it's wrong. "Some men die by accident. some go down in flames; most men die inch by inch, playing their little games"

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Thank you all for your replies. Warthog you are of the opinion that I should read the lazer files and what other ones? Earth sister can you recommend anything in particular? I find this incredibly interesting. I know that for every possible "real" find there are upwards of a 100 ones that ae hoaxes. I am ready for that. I would like to be able to branch out from you basic ufo sightings into the inner workings of the alien/human interaction and hopefully discover how deep the rabbit hole goes so to speak. I am still open to suggestion. Thanks once again.

Before you delve into the inner workings of alien/human interaction, it is my suggestion that you understand the inner workings of human/human interaction. Understand objectively what the root is that motivates people to do certain things and why. Because if people can be easily fooled by other people, then they can just as easily, if not much easier, be fooled by aliens. Often the most devious and selfish people are also the "nicest" people, at least until you can see bayond appearances and kind words. Often the most giving people are also actually the most selfish, because there is always a hidden price or catch that the person receiving the "gift" is not aware of, until it's too late.

Beware of wolves in sheep clothing, and remember - there is no free lunch in the universe. If anyone thinks there is, they are lunch!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am not saying the internet is the golden brick roadd to the truth. IT does however provide some information be it bad or good. I am not stupid. I realize there is no ultimate truth out there. At least on any level I can find.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Whompa1

I recommend two books because the aliens recommended them to me. The Andreason Affair by Raymond Fowler, and one of Jaque Vallee's early books-- I can't remember the title right now but I will get back to you on it.

Otherwise, our alien contacts recommended that we not read much of what humans have written about the unknowns because the only ones who really know about the unknowns are the unknowns. There is very little actual truth about alien life available on Earth yet, and whatever we absorb by reading is what molds our thinking. Too much disinformation makes it very difficult to then recognize what is real when we come upon it.

The Internet is only a medium. It doesn't matter how you get your public information, it only matters what you do with it. Be objective with all the different kinds of claims and theories coming and going. Don't absorb or believe them. Just look at them and think, "Wow, it's amazing the way all the silly humans think." You will begin learning a great deal as soon as you start doing this.

Imagine how wise you would be if you did not buy unnecessary products just because you saw them in a manipulative commercial. If information were style and fashion, look at all the people everywhere and see how we feed off each other to look the popular way regardless of everything important.

[edit on 6/15/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
In the Roswell incident some police man said to the sheriff "what about the little green men who you found" the sheriff simply replied "they weren't green- now just forget everything that we just said" Would that not be evidence to suggest that they exist?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Whompa1

Originally posted by EarthSister

I recommend two books because the aliens recommended them to me. The Andreason Affair by Raymond Fowler, and one of Jaque Vallee's early books-- I can't remember the title right now but I will get back to you on it.

It was The Invisible College. There are parts in this book that the aliens were referring to that would help me understand what was going on as I was studying perceptions of alien contact. It was not the contents of the whole book they wanted me to read.

What I recall now from many years ago when I read the book is that what struck me specifically was how earlier man viewed everything they witnessed of alien visitation to be spiritual symbols and beings, strictly in the context of then-present religious beliefs.

That was the point of the recommendation, and I find that this problem with human perception of alien contact holds true still today, regardless of whether the contact is viewed as positive or negative.

[edit on 6/15/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In the Roswell incident some police man said to the sheriff "what about the little green men who you found" the sheriff simply replied "they weren't green- now just forget everything that we just said" Would that not be evidence to suggest that they exist?

Actually, Sheriff Wilcox was the one asking, it was Mac Brazel who replied with "they weren't green"...
Just for the record....

Warthog you are of the opinion that I should read the lazer files and what other ones? Earth sister can you recommend anything in particular?

Don't get me wrong, I'd still highly recommend even reading the "out there" stuff. It will help you separate the wheat from the chaff....
Personally, I read the skeptic sites a lot too, as it helps to see their take on a given case. You need to weigh the evidence from all viewpoints, etc. to evaluate a given case as a real unknown or deliberate hoax, or misidentification.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Since we are talking about how to do the basics I would like to make a comment on that effort to separate out the truth.

Anything can be faked, that is obvious. So anyone who wishes to can simply make the claim and you cannot easily prove them wrong.

What you have to do is carefully assign a weight to each factor. Then take them as a whole and see what you have.

Let me try an example. We have a document, we are not sure where it came from originally but it looks like an official government memo. We discover that it was printed in a hot-lead sort of press. It was not typed.

What does this do for our efforts to understand what, if any thing, it means. Could a hoaxer pay to have this done, of course. But considering the cost it means the possibility of the document being fake has to go down a fair amount.

Few hoaxers have been organized groups with resources, almost all are single people with simple equipment. So either the document is likely real, or part of something more than a simple hoax.

Printed, not typed. Does that prove authentic. not by itself. But the possibility of simple hoax has to drop a fair amount. Then you move into the realm of Professional Hoax which can be official or unofficial Disinformation. But since there is enough money to be made on the subject of UFOs there is more than one group to consider.

Each group has a set of things it would and would not do, based on what the group wishes to accomplish. Yes the US government will put out untruths, there are now 3 'official' explainations for what happened at Roswell: the one at the time (simple), the mogul one in the middle, and now the dummies. So it is a proven fact that the US govenment will tell a story now and then, there is at least 2 examples and I submit that the fact that the latest explaination involves dummys is bloody brilliant.

But there are many things the US governement would not do or say, and it is the same with each group. Many people just believe any of them would do anything to protect the secret. This is true only compared to what the average person would do in general, the groups do have their own limits, ones that serve their purposed better than certain kinds of lies.

I usually test against a few different possible types of origins: Real, Simple Hoax, Professional Hoax, Real but they are mistaken, and Real and I am mistaken. (mistaken about what the information is, or what it means, can be either). Looking at how likely each seems to be is a good internal test of your research. The most authentic document in the world can have typos, facts wrong, signatures grafted on, or any other single detail, make sure to look at the whole picture.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Also, if you haven't already, I'd recommend reading through this thread, beginning to end. And I ask anyone who has read it to not give the ending away.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about 8 pages long, but around the 6th page you'll find out why I'm suggesting it to you. After that it's all kinda "political" for lack of a better term.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Here are some other not so secret underground bases . that are government owned

I'm not disputing underground bases. I'm disputing that the location proposed for a Dulce base makes absolutely no sense. Hell, there are some underground bases that the public can tour. Anyone who's seen "Wargames" will recall the public tour of the NORAD facility...
My point is that with so many other already secret and restricted areas to choose from in the area, the choice of putting it under land that isn't theirs, just doesn't make sense.

The Dulce "Base" was there long before whiteman ever set foot in the Americas. Long before the whiteman moved the Jicarilla people to this Reservation. This is the home of the Ancient Ones. If you would study the origin myths of the First nation people maybe it would "make more sense"
White man logic sometimes fails to take into account things the whiteman can never understand or believe because of his preconcieved style of thinking. Maybe if you would spend some time with our Red brothers you could lose some of your internet arrogance and your know it all attitude.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm not disputing underground bases. I'm disputing that the location proposed for a Dulce base makes absolutely no sense. Hell, there are some underground bases that the public can tour. Anyone who's seen "Wargames" will recall the public tour of the NORAD facility...
My point is that with so many other already secret and restricted areas to choose from in the area, the choice of putting it under land that isn't theirs, just doesn't make sense.

The Dulce "Base" was there long before whiteman ever set foot in the Americas. Long before the whiteman moved the Jicarilla people to this Reservation. This is the home of the Ancient Ones. If you would study the origin myths of the First nation people maybe it would "make more sense"
White man logic sometimes fails to take into account things the whiteman can never understand or believe because of his preconcieved style of thinking. Maybe if you would spend some time with our Red brothers you could lose some of your internet arrogance and your know it all attitude.

Thanks for the stereotype...
then again I won't be able to understand so what is the point of spending time with 'our' 'red brothers'.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

Originally posted by whaaa

Thanks for the stereotype...
then again I won't be able to understand so what is the point of spending time with 'our' 'red brothers'.

Spending time with others regardless of color breaks down stereotypes even if we cant understand what it's like to be a minority. I feel privileged
to be able to have a give and take exchange with others of a different race.
But it would be the height of arrogance to think that I can really understand
their position in the social structure of America.

One thing Iv'e learned is that internet savy people suffer from terminal "hipness" No need to experience real life when from the comfort of my chair, with my keyboard, monitor and mouse the world is open to me and thats all I really need. Don't get me wrong I suffer from this malady too. However to truely Deny Ignorance, first hand, hands on experience, beats internet forums BS everytime. Existentialism cannot be experienced thru this media. If I'm wrong tell me I'm open to other Ideas. Peace!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Spending time with others regardless of color breaks down stereotypes even if we cant understand what it's like to be a minority. I feel privileged
to be able to have a give and take exchange with others of a different race.
But it would be the height of arrogance to think that I can really understand
their position in the social structure of America.

One thing Iv'e learned is that internet savy people suffer from terminal "hipness" No need to experience real life when from the comfort of my chair, with my keyboard, monitor and mouse the world is open to me and thats all I really need. Don't get me wrong I suffer from this malady too. However to truely Deny Ignorance, first hand, hands on experience, beats internet forums BS everytime. Existentialism cannot be experienced thru this media. If I'm wrong tell me I'm open to other Ideas. Peace!

Couldn't agree with you more.
I know many people like that.
I don't want to stray off topic much more, it was the whole ' arrogant whiteman' comment that threw me. I am white(slight euro tan
) through no fault of my own, but do not consider myself arrogant. Is it arrogant to think that?
All good.
peace

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Also, if you haven't already, I'd recommend reading through this thread, beginning to end. And I ask anyone who has read it to not give the ending away.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about 8 pages long, but around the 6th page you'll find out why I'm suggesting it to you. After that it's all kinda "political" for lack of a better term.

Thats actually pretty funny though. But I understand your point and how we all can be taken for a ride when dealing with such needle in a haystack topic as ufo's. Earth child I am curious as to how you became a rep if you will for mankind. I have always had very indepth dreams about ufo's and wondered if there was something more to it then an over imaginitive mind?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Earth child I am curious as to how you became a rep if you will for mankind. I have always had very indepth dreams about ufo's and wondered if there was something more to it then an over imaginitive mind?

Whompa1

Many have the natural opportunity to work with alien life because they are related by spirit to another race. Most who discover they have alien contact, refuse to accept it. Most prefer to go along with what other people tell them, and let their fear and imagination run amok instead. This makes it difficult to impossible for the alien races to proceed with their contact.

It is my choice to overcome the difficulties and learn as much as possible about the alien races from the alien races. I am well-adjusted with my alien contact, and my encounters and teachings are progressive.

Recurring dreams of alien crafts and people are possible indications of alien contact.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I actually know a few Native Americans (and have some way back in the bloodline), and call them friend. In addition I know many others who've embraced the Shamanistic heritage, despite their racial origins. Just about EVERYTHING around me is named from a Native American source, from counties, lakes, rivers, etc. (in FL). I've got a gay brother, and other than myself, my entire college study group is African American and we all work quite well together. I'm about as FAR from prejudiced as one can get...
Logic belongs to all, and isn't just the "white man's". It's a simple matter of looking at the evidence, and making up one's mind. If my theory doesn't match yours, well, we're each entitled to our opinions.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister

Earth child I am curious as to how you became a rep if you will for mankind. I have always had very indepth dreams about ufo's and wondered if there was something more to it then an over imaginitive mind?

Whompa1

Many have the natural opportunity to work with alien life because they are related by spirit to another race. Most who discover they have alien contact, refuse to accept it. Most prefer to go along with what other people tell them, and let their fear and imagination run amok instead. This makes it difficult to impossible for the alien races to proceed with their contact.

It is my choice to overcome the difficulties and learn as much as possible about the alien races from the alien races. I am well-adjusted with my alien contact, and my encounters and teachings are progressive.

Recurring dreams of alien crafts and people are possible indications of alien contact.

Think you could put in a good word for me? *wink* Anyways I hit up a bunch of bookstores this weekend and came home with around 20-25 different books dealing wth ufos. I end up with books ranging from the betty and barney hill story to the guy who worked at area 51 supposedly to whats his name bob lazar and everything inbetween. That should occupy me for a few weeks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join