It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IWT News: Corporate Free Independent World News Network Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Website to launch June 15th.

This is a major undertaking and potentially revolutionary as it hopes to be broadcasting in millions of homes soon.

Why revolutionary?

Independent World Television is building the world's first global independent news network. Online and on TV, IWTnews will deliver independent news and real debate -- without funding from governments, corporations or commercial advertising. Internet fundraising makes it possible.

Some will immediately dismiss this as a "leftist" undertaking, but I ask you: How can mainstream media possibly report on a subject like Healthcare when it's bread and butter is pharmco ads?

Give it a read and keep your eye out.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be checking them out and supporting their endeavors.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
We need something like this now more than ever. Thanks for the link, consider it bookmarked.

[edit on 6/14/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Did any of you bother to read who is involed in the startup of this thing . Just read who they have worked for previously. I am asking because I am not sure. Does anyone have more info on these people and who is it that is actually financing this group.

Robert Blair (Canada), HuskyPetroleum and Foothills Pipeline
Salih Booker (USA), served on staff at the Committee on Foreign Affairs in the US Congress
Mark Lloyd (USA), former broadcast producer at NBC and CNN
Mary Cornish (Canada), she has advised the World Bank, European Economic Community

[edit on 6/14/2005 by ASLTW]

[edit on 6/14/2005 by ASLTW]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASLTW
Did any of you bother to read who is involed in the startup of this thing . Just read who they have worked for previously. I am asking because I am not sure. Does anyone have more info on these people and who is it that is actually financing this group.

Yeah, everybody came from somewhere. There's literally hundreds of ex insiders, former journalists, corporate rogues, activists and plain old rich people involved in this, and there should be considerable voices as a result.

But the "financing" is set to be user driven. Internet donations. In fact, they've got some Dean people helping out. That's the thing though, some liberal blogs may be all giddy this will be a "leftist" answer to CNN/FOX, and I'm sure some conservatives may be thrilled about some of the participants too. But they're all just participants in an open debate. No agenda. No corporate advertising. No waving American or Canadian or any other flag in the background.

A global news network with no allegiance to anybody is the idea. It's not at all dissimilar to ATSNN, but with field reporters and broadcasting rights. And the talking heads won't be millionaires. That alone makes it more user friendly than anything in mainstream media.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by ASLTW

Yeah, everybody came from somewhere. There's literally hundreds of ex insiders, former journalists, corporate rogues, activists and plain old rich people involved in this, and there should be considerable voices as a result.

But the "financing" is set to be user driven. Internet donations. In fact, they've got some Dean people helping out. That's the thing though, some liberal blogs may be all giddy this will be a "leftist" answer to CNN/FOX, and I'm sure some conservatives may be thrilled about some of the participants too. But they're all just participants in an open debate. No agenda. No corporate advertising. No waving American or Canadian or any other flag in the background.

A global news network with no allegiance to anybody is the idea. It's not at all dissimilar to ATSNN, but with field reporters and broadcasting rights. And the talking heads won't be millionaires. That alone makes it more user friendly than anything in mainstream media.

Thank you for the insight I just hope they will be able to air on television here in phoenix as it is now we don't even recieve the democracynow.org Television show. I must switch back to sat. and get rid of the cable TV service provider i am using. It urks me alot that we really don't have any say so in the channels that are aired through cable TV Sure you see the ads call your cable provider and request our station RIGHT they'll tune me right in. Never will happen . I just wish people would wake up and see whats happening and what has already happened to them.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Website to launch June 15th.

More info available now. Just now reading.

Ah, won't be "on air" until 2007.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No agenda. No corporate advertising. No waving American or Canadian or any other flag in the background.

I hope you're right, my only concern is that it may start out as the idea website/news to give "facts" and pure debate...no aganda. But over time it will turn into a smaller version of the big media powerhouses, FOX, CNN, BBC, etc..etc..

People will rely on this as being non-bias and straight forward, then slowly IWTNEWS will start to lean on the "bias" side, left or right. And by then it will have a rep as being "pure" and the mases will be tricked.

Like I said, I hope this does not happen, I for one can't wait till 2007 for this kick off, It would be awesome if it was this year
, but it's not.

Just something to think about

Great find BTW

[edit on 19/6/2005 by SportyMB]

new topics

top topics

join