It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Player vs Windows Media Player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, I use RP, friend uses WMP. He was always dissing RP, so I challeneged him to a competiton, get all the video, music, and movie files we had, share them through network so we have the same thing on both, and see what plays more.

Well, off the back, his WMP couldn't play any of my RM movies, oe shows like Daria, Love Hina, R.O.D., Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, BS by Penn and Teller, or other Shows I had since they were RM, so there are hundreds I can play that he can't. I could play all the music, he could play all the music.

We got to movies, he was ahead, then we got to avis, and I kicked his ass. In the end I could play hundreds of more movies/videos/shows then he could. He still says WMP is better, but I proved it sucked. Unless you don't like watching shows, movies, music videos, or anything else.

Also, when I go to full screen, same files, and he has a better vid card and moniter screen, mine always looked better.

So IDK why people diss Real Player, it plays more, looks better, and I can get the best out there free from the real player site.

Although, I use Itunes for music, and BS player for movies, just got Real Player for RM cause that is the only thing that plays those is Real Player. With a 56k modem unless I am at a friends house(I do his chores to be allowed to stay at his place on weekends) rm files are great! Hmmm, 200megs for a show, or 12 megs for the same thing, on a better player.

And now, after hours of deleting his crap off, am going to spend the next few hours defraging my HD. I went from 16gigs used to 57gigs used, back down to 23gigs.(I kept some that were good)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
niiice...

as long as it was a friendly competition

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Real Player is fine, it's just the proprietary RAM format that sucks as no other player can play it(to my knowledge please correct me if i'm wrong)

I mostly use DIVX player and have been experimenting with WinAMP(yes it can play video now but it's still sort of buggy)

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I used to be a big fan of Real, but ive found that sometimes its power hungry and also theres always the spyware issue with real.

Ive got Real,WMP,Intervideo,NeroCinema,BSplayer,AVI Preview,DivX and WinDVD on my laptop and I mainly use WMP as loads a bit quicker and seems to use less ram unless I am networking it to my plasma screen. Try downloading or getting a codec pack I can play RM files in WMP with the right codec.

Regards Elf

top topics

join