It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desecration you will not find in Newsweek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am going to use this thread to post examples of desecration that you will not find in the main stream media, unlike the Koran abuse.

Pakistani Sunni Muslims burn a U.S. flag during an anti-U.S. rally in Lahore June 8, 2005

A group of American Muslims produced a video that shows its members on a New York City street corner declaring Islam's dominance over America as they tread on a U.S. flag and then rip it apart.

In the video, released by the New York-based Islamic Thinkers Society, one of the Muslims is shown placing a sign on the flag that says, "Oh Muslims! Do you know your enemy? Isn't it obvious?"

Video
Story

Robert Spencer of Jihad watch who originally brought attention to the flag stomping video has received this threat from Islamic Thinkers Society.

May Allah s.w.t. help those who expose the Crusaders & Zionists and their dirty schemes. And may Allah s.w.t. continue to humiliate the enemies of Islam & Muslims. May Allah s.w.t. give painful torment to Robert Spencer and Grayson Levy who are waging an e-Crusade on us by publishing false information about us. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT ROBERT SPENCER AND GRAYSON LEVY WRITES ABOUT US. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE PRODUCING HATRED AMONGST INNOCENT AND GULLIBLE AMERICAN PUBLIC TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE DESECRATION OF THE QUR'AN. SO WE SAY THIS AGAIN:

WE THE MUSLIMS OF Islamic Thinkers Society ARE AN INTELLECTUAL & POLITICAL NON-VIOLENT ORGANIZATION . AND WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS WITH FOREIGN ORGANIZATIONS WHATSOEVER.

Link
News Link

Indian Muslim protesters burn, spit, and URINATE on American flags today!

It is interesting how the news media today will jump on a story if it denigrates our military or our country. The media may get their facts from an anonymous source and rush to print it in a major newspaper or weekly magazine. The story may turn out to be inaccurate. The original accuser may even retract his accusations. But, the damage is already done and our media moves on to their next anonymous sourced Anti-American story.

Yet, here tonight there is actual footage of Muslims burning, spitting on, and making urinals out off our American Flag. And, as US citizens we are supposed to get immuned to a lot of this. Many people believe that we even deserve this! We constantly see Muslims spit on and burn effigies of our president, threaten our country with the words (in English) on their posters, spit on the symbols of our nation, and now today, piss on our flag and our president!

Link
News Link

More to come!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I am going to use this thread to post examples of desecration that you will not find in the main stream media, unlike the Koran abuse.

Why? To justify abhorrent behavior by some Americans? To inform people of behavior that you think they may not be aware of?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why?

Why not? Why did Newsweek think it was more important to publish an article about alleged Koran abuse rather than abuse of the American Flag? Why should terrorist's be protected more than old glory is?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Originally posted by curme
Why?

Why not? Why did Newsweek think it was more important to publish an article about alleged Koran abuse rather than abuse of the American Flag? Why should terrorist's be protected more than old glory is?

Were those pictures of terrorists? Maybe the reasoning behind not showing those pictures is because many people like yourself confuse terrorists with people who burn 'old glory' in protest.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Okay, maybe I am missing something here.
Of all the pics presented on this thread, there is only one that is actually of "American Muslims" "desecrating the flag.
All the others, if you check out the links that were provided were from India, and Pakistan. They are the ones that "walked" on the flag. Unfortunately, due to the first admendment, that is their right. Note, it also a 1st admendment right for me to pop one of these desecrators of the flag one and the maximum penalty set by law is $25. If I had seen this, I would have gladly paid the fine.
The ones burning the flag, using the flag as a urinal were foreign nationals.
It seems to me that the responders of this thread seem to beleive that these acts were all of americans exercising their rights when it is not!
No, you will not see this type of press in normal mainstream american media as the media have their own anti-war, anti-bush, ant-goverment (presently seated that is) agendas. It sells more papers and draws more viewers if the media posts sensational "news" items that paint the goverment, the military in an ugly light.
It has been mentioned by many that the us detention center at gitmo supposedly flushed a koran down a toilet. This has been a media frenzy across the world. Unfortuantely, all those making this allegation (which was later retracted and investigations have proven false) have little knowledge of simple physics. Do any of you who believe that this occured ever tried to flush a book down your toilet? Even small book will clog the toilet and the plumbing. If this story was true, I want one of those toilets and the plumbing in my home!
As for trying to make a connection between "flag-burners and terrorists" this is not true. That is like saying (from the muslim side) that all americans are evil and other various derogatory "comments" floating around.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Were those pictures of terrorists? Maybe the reasoning behind not showing those pictures is because many people like yourself confuse terrorists with people who burn 'old glory' in protest.

Hmmmm. Newsweek is upset about Koran abuse aimed at getting terrorists to talk. These pictures are of people burning the most recognizable symbol of this great nation and no one cares. The terrorists in Gitmo deserve to have the Koran burned, flushed, ripped, or splashed with urine if it will get them to talk so that we can catch bigger fish and prevent terrorist attacks.

However, if someone burns the flag or a bible for that matter the MSM will not care.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Such as this desecration:

www.isralert.com...

While Muslims have responded with deadly outrage to the now-retracted report by Newsweek of alleged Quran desecration by U.S. interrogators, there was little outcry three years ago when Islamic terrorists holed up in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity reportedly used the Bible as toilet paper.

Catholic priests in the church marking the spot where Jesus was believed to have been born said that during the five-week siege, Palestinians tore up some Bibles for toilet paper and removed many valuable sacramental objects, according to a May 15, 2002, report by the Washington Times.

And no one cares about this?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Are you arguing for more "Muslims are evil" propaganda by the main stream media? You obviously don't think there's enough.

[edit on 6/14/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Are you arguing for more "Muslims are evil" propaganda by the main stream media? You obviously don't think there's enough.

[edit on 6/14/2005 by Lecky]

I don't understand either. Since they do it, is it ok if we do it?

Here is a picture I took after the invasion of Iraq. It was at Balad, a base the US took over, and called our own. It was in the doorway, so you had to walk on it to enter the room.

The text says, "Who wears the daddypants, mother*******!"
I have a larger pic if anyone wants it.

What does this mean? Old news? Yes, old and tired news. Just to resurface at the convenience of others to try to justify my great nation, the United States of America, lowering itself to the the level of others.

The USA, my USA, holds itself to a higher standard. We don't do what others do, just because they do it. We have principles. We have morals. If don't don't like that, leave. Go to Saudi Arabia where they have no recognition for principles of human dignity.

In my country, the USA, I may not agree with you, but I have fought for your right for your to disagree. If you want the USA to become a lesser nation. To degrade itself to a lower standard than others, then you disgust me.

Don't trivialize the abuses my country have made, because I take them very seriously, by flaunting the abuses of others. It doesn't make my country right, and quite frankly, I'm offended you think it does. Because that is not what the USA is about. My country is about becoming better (i.e. blacks, women) not worse. Please, don't drag us down to the level of others.

top topics

join