It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blog Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It seems that this forum is getting filled with blog information. I think we should get a special area on XMB Forum for Blogs (Like Chit Chat's Entertainment Forum.).

What do you think of that?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
as a blog owner i second that.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I've only seen about four or five threads about the blogs. I don't think there is enough demand.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Besides...I'm still waiting for those "pre-blog" layouts that would make doing a blog page easier for us who can't find a dern book anywhere entitled: "CSS for Dummies!"

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Besides...I'm still waiting for those "pre-blog" layouts that would make doing a blog page easier for us who can't find a dern book anywhere entitled: "CSS for Dummies!"

regards
seekerof

well thats what a blog forum would address. this forum is for the board and i think its unfair to put blog related posts in here.

of course it would help if more people asked for blogs and participated in them by reading and leaving comments.

maybe at this point we dont need a blog forum but maybe later we could have one once its popularity picks up, IF it picks up i should says, even some with blogs arent making entries.....

me i usually make a big entry every other entry or so and noone has been given them much attention. i feel like i'm wasting my time and i'm talking to myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

me i usually make a big entry every other entry or so and noone has been given them much attention. i feel like i'm wasting my time and i'm talking to myself.

Attention means what PM? That someone is commenting on your "blog" or an article you have posted in it?
Be sure that though one is not recieving comments, one's work is being read or looked at.

To feel you are "wasting time" is one's own subjective opinion. Your blog is your tool of self expression.....like a personal diary, of sorts, but seen on a public venue.
You are not wasting your time. At least you get some comments....I have only one in all mine!

No, don't look at it as a waste of time....look at it as a journal, giving you creative license.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

Attention means what PM? That someone is commenting on your "blog" or an article you have posted in it?
Be sure that though one is not recieving comments, one's work is being read or looked at.

To feel you are "wasting time" is one's own subjective opinion. Your blog is your tool of self expression.....like a personal diary, of sorts, but seen on a public venue.
You are not wasting your time. At least you get some comments....I have only one in all mine!

No, don't look at it as a waste of time....look at it as a journal, giving you creative license.

regards
seekerof

yes and no on the attention part. comments would be nice but more importantly i just want people to read what i have to say. they can leave comments or not.

what i meant when i said i felt like i was wasting my time was most of the time i'm making entries for things that i think of. they are my opinions and thoughts. i express them for others to read, if noone reads them i am pretty much talking to myself and i dont need to tell myself the things i think, i know what i think and dont have to type them out to know them.

i'm still making entries though. some of us with blogs are checking each others blogs out from time to time but i doubt many others are. oh well, they're missing out!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Keep in mind there is a TON of information on this site, one couldn't read everything here if it was their full-time job. In addition to the 24 or so forums there is also an abudance of info on Simon's main ATS page (not the message board). Be patient, people will read them. You even have the top 10 most updated blog entries at the top of the main page. Keep up the good work bloggers!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Blogs becoming popular take time and patience, and more time. We're on the right track. Each time you update your blog, weblogs.com is pinged with the new topic's subject. I'm also working on some different integration ideas with the main ATS board.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Blimy!!
Its the been quite awhile since I went to the ATS main page (Simon's main page).....simply well done and awesome!
Great job to all who was involved.
Beautiful.

edit*
To add in Simon's main page.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
How long has it been? And why not?

uh...

do you mean the main discussion board: www.abovetopsecret.com...
or Simon's main site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(but both are nice)

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
How long has it been? And why not?

uh...

do you mean the main discussion board: www.abovetopsecret.com...
or Simon's main site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(but both are nice)

Always suspicious, eh William?

Yes, I meant Simon's main site.
I used to enter the forums that way but stopped when I 'bookmarked' the forums page.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Damn, Dude... you gotta check the main site!

It's funny, for a long time we heard about users who never realized there was discussion board... now we have a user who didn't realize there was a website.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No comment....
Well said William.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join