It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress ready to resurrect Draft!!..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
DW the war is un-winnable?

Yes, terrorism will always exist, like crime its un beatible.
Its only containable.

This conflict has been decades in the making it did not happen over night and you have to wait more than 4 years before making such a judgment.

No I'll wait 60 years for it to end, oh didnt happen.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well what's your detention of wining?
Like you I know we can’t eradicate it, but my definition of wining is keeping the terrorist from taking the U.S. homeland, people and interests any more good things are a good bonus but thats my definition of winning.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well what's your detention of wining?

My definition of winning depends on the objective.

Like you I know we can’t eradicate it, but my definition of wining is keeping the terrorist from taking the U.S. homeland, people and interests any more good things are a good bonus but thats my definition of winning.

Then you have already failed, they can strike at any US citizen or in the US homeland, how?
Because your country is built on democracy and therefore on freedoms, people will abuse them and will harm america and her citzens.
Going half way across the world doesnt end the problem, it just moves it further away.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here's a little Bush Parody about the draft I came across. Thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy.

D.R.A.F.T.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That was hilarious, Don! I just passed it on to quite a few people here at work!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

At that point cowards will run to Canada, rich kids will get out of it due to parental influence, and the kids that go will be poor kids that have no other options. And again, like Vietnam, the kids dying in the war have the least to fight for, protecting the cowards that will prosper the most.
Fun stuff huh?

Hmm...change "cowards" to "intelligent elite"

Ill be the first one out of this country if there's a draft. My parents have money, but are not "influential"

Most males of drafting age in my family already have a plan to get out of this country if there's a draft.

Ill be back later, after the war's over, to bask in the scarcity of men, and over abundance of women and money to be made, LOL.

I say, draft'em. Take some idiots out of the general population, a form of population control if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join