It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress ready to resurrect Draft!!..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The forces performance will go down if a draft is initiated.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
Not drafting women, what bull#. I'm 17, and to be sent to my death instead of someone else because they lack a penis? Old society discrimination? I'd escape the country to Mexico or some other nation before ever being fed into slaver to a killing machine.

Go now! Avoid the rush.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I'd rather my country fall than myself die.

No sense arguing with you. This by definition is the words of a true coward. You are free to have no value in your nation or countrymen. Don't expect your nation to feel any value in you.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antelope
No sense arguing with you. This by definition is the words of a true coward. You are free to have no value in your nation or countrymen. Don't expect your nation to feel any value in you.

His country would put his life over its death....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think having to draft people into the forces is a mistake, if the war is worth fighting people will volunteer like in WW2, in this day and age people should not be made to fight battles they don't agree with.
You have your life to do with as you please , not give it away to a Politician , who may be wrong in his outlook. If you feel truly threatened then you would fight no matter what , if not then say no.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'd rather my country fall than myself die. What good is my country if I am dead? I feel no emotional connection to a group of 300,000,000 people more than I do for the rest of the 6,000,000,000 people in the world.

WOW, I am not sure what to think about that. On one hand, if Canada is being invaded and someone had that attitude, I'd probably kill ya myself. On the other hand, I find it comendable to feel the same about your country as you do about the world.

IMO, there are some very good reasons to give ones life, freedom is one such thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
American boys have gone soft. I went to my nephews private high school graduation last week and Ive never seen a worse buncha sissies in my life.....only a handful out of dozens I saw looked like their ready to defend America.

The rest were ether too fat or acted like giggling school girls instead of young men. Yeah, we need the draft in a bad way before we end up with a buncha "girlie-men" who can't even fire a BB gun decently.

Maximu§

So your definition of being a true "man" is your ability to fire a gun and kill people? Nice one.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The "time-tested" process I was referring to was the process by which the powers-that-be end up getting exactly what they want in a democracy.

Peace

Exactly

Problem - Reaction - Solution, People fall for the tactic every time. When the people realize their mistake it's already too late.

President McKinley used this tactic to get the American people into the Spanish American War. Adolf Hitler used it to gain support for his conquest of Europe. FDR used it to lure the Japanese into attacking the US so they could get the American people behind WW2. Johnson lied about thr Gulf of Tonkin incident in order to escalate the war in Vietnam. Tony Blair lied to the World using a 12 year old Dossier written by a university student as proof Saddam was going to nuke us all. Can't all you people see? World Leaders have been using the same tactic forever. History keeps repeating itself. And now we got the Bush Administration doing the same thing.

God my head hurts......

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
and to finish things off, I don't think the draft will be reinstated....... but if it is, there will be a # storm. You wanna see millions of families accross america jump out of their seats like a fire was lit under their ass? Fine! Re institute the draft, if will be the begining of the end.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

if the war is worth fighting people will volunteer like in WW2,

Nope guess again in WWII 66% of the personnel in the military were draftees.

Like I said either people start joining or the Military will have no choice but to implement a draft.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have 2 Questions : IF they do a draft...

1. Will those being drafted to fight in the wars get PAID like those that volunteered? Will there be Bonus'?

2. Say they draft a fat kid ... and he doesn't pass the physical because they are over weight ... what then? Is obesity a medical reason not to be drafted???

I'm going to go eat a double cheeseburger with bacon ...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I have 2 Questions : IF they do a draft...

2. Say they draft a fat kid ... and he doesn't pass the physical because they are over weight ... what then? Is obesity a medical reason not to be drafted???

I'm going to go eat a double cheeseburger with bacon ...

HA HA, I just say on the Daily Show they had McDonalds promoting his health menu on MSNBC. Better hurry or else all you'll be able to get is a veggie burger with tofu cheese.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The draft wont happen IMO because one American willing to fight alongside their comrades on the field of battle far outways the 20 or 30 draftees that dont want to be there for whatever reason and are mainly just in the way when the 'crap hits the fan' and the military knows this.

So all you people that dont believe in the war dont worry. Rather we think you are right or wrong, it doesn't matter. You wont have to go and fight for your country.

The US military doesn't need you. Just take it easy. They can handle it without your help.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Would suck to be an officer. Not only are you worried about getting shot by the enemy, you are just waiting for that M67 to come rolling into your tent.

Have fun.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The best slave is a slave that thinks he is free. When your drafted your just shown by your own government what you truly are a SLAVE. Now get back to work.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
The best slave is a slave that thinks he is free. When your drafted your just shown by your own government what you truly are a SLAVE. Now get back to work.

Don't wait to be drafted. That way you have one hell of a lot more choices and you will have the personal satisfaction of knowing that you didn't wait to answer the call of duty.

And duty is what it is called, not slavery. One has a duty to one's nation and that duty can be performed in many ways. Military service is not the only one.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The life expectancy of an officer in Vietnam, once in combat, was something like 8 minutes because the low-morale drafted troops, who didn't want to be there, would most often shoot/kill their officers so they wouldn't have to fight.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
They have no choice what are they going to do just continue without filling the crucial positions needed? When our country needs us the most we sit at home worrying about what song s to upload on our iPod rather than what duty we can do to help.

“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.” John F. Kennedy

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The life expectancy of an officer in Vietnam, once in combat, was something like 8 minutes because the low-morale drafted troops, who didn't want to be there, would most often shoot/kill their officers so they wouldn't have to fight.

Link please?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Red Dragon, you are obviously on a propaganda mission with this nonsense or, at best, you're just depending on second hand information to suit your agenda.

"Fragging" was a real phenomenon in Vietnam and most likely all wars, unfortunately, but not for the reasons you cite.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join