It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Permenant Magnet motor

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by postings

In a close system if enery OUT is bigger than enegy OUT it means that inside the system there is a part with potential energy. In a magnetic motos there is just one item with such property; the magnet. Guess who is supplying the extra enery?
Hence the magnet will lose its magnetism (the energy stored at the magnetic dipoles that form a permanent magnet).
HOWEVER, anyone has done any research on the energy decay of the magnets?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Why should I believe you; none of the laws of conservation of energy or thermodynamics come from newton.

All newton said is that momentum is conserved.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
When I read some of these responses I can't help but recall the tale about the scientist/theorist and the engineer...

In the auditorium of a local college a scientist/theorist and an engineer were invited to do an experiment. Both would stand next to each other at one end of the hall, while at the other end there would stand a beautiful swimsuit model. The first one to make it to the girl would get to marry her, BUT they were only allowed to move half the distance each time. In frustration for wasting his time the scientist/theorist exclaimed, "There's no way I'll EVER reach her!" and promptly stormed out the door. The engineer laughed a bit while he stood on the starting line, and mumbled under his breathe, "... Maybe, but I can get close enough to kiss her."

It depends on how you define 'perpetual motion'. At what scope and scale are we talking about? The way I define it we already have perpetual motion machines. Quite simple machines in fact. Ever heard of the water wheel? It's been in existence for some time now. It does matter where you plug the machine into the 'energy circuit', and there are some cyclical behaviors that have to be considered. Extrapolate the concept from there. What energy circuit do you want to plug into? Heat, electrical, magnetic, light, chemical reactions, nuclear reactions, etc?

You have to convert one energy source to another, so I don't think just permanent magnets alone will work. There will be coiling, plating, and/or chemistry in the process, mechanical breakdown to consider, and you'd probably need to put the machine in motion first (maybe). But these things need to be considered in all of our current technology/devices as well.

Forest from the trees, I say.

I hope you're continuing your research!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's not possible to do a magnetic motor, for the simple reason that the forces cancel each other out.

Perendev says he used magnet insulators to remove the canceling, but that is not possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
It's not possible to do a magnetic motor, for the simple reason that the forces cancel each other out.

Why would magnetic interaction be 'balanced' unless it was designed with that in mind?

Perendev says he used magnet insulators to remove the canceling, but that is not possible.

It's always funny when individuals presumes things not in evidence and then build their arguments based on misrepresentations. Where does Perendev say this? Can you explain what the problem with 'balanced' magnetic interaction is if the intent was to create dipoles such as those that are always created in every power 'generating' ( tapping really) mechanism on Earth?

Stellar

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you put magnets moving against each other, they will first be attracted and then repelled. Then attracted again, then repelled again etc, everytime the movement will be smaller due to friction etc. In a few minutes, the magnets will have found an equilibrium and no longer move.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
If you put magnets moving against each other, they will first be attracted and then repelled.

Who said that the magnets needed to move signifcantly or at all? If magnets are so useless why are they so widely used in generators.

Then attracted again, then repelled again etc, everytime the movement will be smaller due to friction etc.

Why is it then that almost all energy 'generation' involves induction trough the use of spinning magnets? What are magnets or electromagnets involved practically everywhere?

In a few minutes, the magnets will have found an equilibrium and no longer move.

Provided that the induced current isn't somehow being applied to spin the magnets....

Please check out the earlier links....

Stellar

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Coiling is necessary. 2nd line.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i think this system is far more advanced than they let on,heard this magnetic engine theory years back.. always wonderd why fuel prices stared shooting up in price, always struck me as odd.. my theory is the big fuel companys are milking it knowing the writing is on the wall, and all of a sudden this concept engine will appear, just my theory

[edit on 27-3-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
... the big fuel companys are milking it knowing the writing is on the wall, and all of a sudden this concept engine will appear, just my theory

[edit on 27-3-2009 by foxhoundone]

And when it does they will intercept and remove that concept engine in whatever way they can because it is a direct threat to their power/wealth base. It's far cheaper and easier to silence or buy off the threat than it is to change their infrastructure. They will continue to milk it, just as they've done for the past several decades. There may be other concerns for this suppression as well, but that's the main one.

This kind of tech would need to be distributed 'underground' all across the world for any kind of paradigm shift. So, for those who know how this stuff works, are you ready and willing to give up your hard work to the masses for free? Who wants to dodge some bullets? Who wants their job, pension, and life savings taken away? Who wants to be blacklisted? Who wants their family threatened?

Batter up?!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by keybored

Conservation of energy, its the Law

Conservation of energy may be the law, but there is a fat asterisk at the end very few people seem to mention... "In a closed system".

But the whole idea of a closed system is only a theoretical concept. Build any device in your basement, and guess what... It's influenced by gravity, sitting on a planet moving and spinning at great speeds, and bombarded by all sorts of radiation.

Figure out how to tap into any of that or any of the other forces and energies that we haven't even discovered yet, and you have something that looks like perpetual motion from our point of view.

It's easy to say that something is impossible because it violates this law or that principle, but lord knows that people have been bending laws and breaking rules since the dawn of time.

I think it's just a matter of time before we hit on an easy clean energy source.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
For small prototype parts go to:
www.gobrushless.com...
to get smaller stuff like magnets, bearings, shafts and cans.
You can get broken cd and DVD roms for parts also, but the magnet ring will need to be replaced with NeOs of you need much torque.

Pretty cheap so it's worth a try, and you could always build a brushless motor if it's a bust.

They have kits for 10 bucks www.gobrushless.com...

[edit]
don't forget, these supermagnets ARE TOXIC, so handle w/ care!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
By the way, for all you experimenters out there, I've been using these guys to buy my rare earth magnets for a while now.

They have great service, and are very reasonably priced:
www.kjmagnetics.com...

Their magnets are also VERY powerful. Be careful working with them as they can surprise you.

I had two magnets jump together from more than a foot away from each other, which shattered them and set magnetic shrapnel flying. If I didn't wear glasses, I definitely would have had fragments in my eye.

Tinker safely!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Magnetic "near" perpetual motion machines are a waste of time unless you're just bored and looking for something neat to do. It will eventually find an equilibrium and will not provide enough torque for anything. You can build a self powering electric motor however that produces more power than it consumes, only failing when the mechanical parts themselves fail. Think along the lines of a lever and you'll find the answer to how this is possible. It won't be the coveted perpetual motion machine because you'll have to physically start it up, but build one large enough with generator parts, never breath a word to anyone that it exists, and you can live electric company free.. =P

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hello all,

I discovered this thread last night as I was perusing the internet for information relating to permanent magnet motors capable of sustaining themselves for an indefinite period of time. First, let me state that I am an engineer and I believe in the possibility of harnessing energy from permanent (long lasting) rare earth magnets.

Everyone must understand that our beliefs are contrary to what has been perpetuated as likely true for many years in the natural sciences, namely physics. We shouldn't see the 'establishment' as being against us, but rather as an ally. Without them, we would not be where we are today. Science is a rather conservative field of study. Great changes occur only after individuals such as ourselves push the boundaries through trial-and-error. Much of the machines presented in this thread are flat out HOAXES. We must accept this as a community if we wish to move beyond the current dilemma.

There have been some recent discoveries in the field of physics which are promising. For the first time ever, scientists have been able to create monopole magnets (although at a temperature of ~-450 degrees Fahrenheit or 3 Kelvin). This is an ACTIVE field of research.

www.physorg.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You should look at the following:

And

And take a look at this:

PESN

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
People tend not to bother i guess.

edit on 25-8-2012 by AldrinAlden because: **

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It might be easier to get two hamsters and a small generator to mount on their wheel. Sounds like they are having problems with keeping the magnets aligned.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

And you sir up there talking about your lovely hamsters..guess what!

not funny..

edit on 25-8-2012 by AldrinAlden because: **

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join