It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspended Animation Inc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Suspended Animation, Inc. (SA) is a Cryosuspension research and services company developing the most advanced technologies in cryosuspension and applying that technology to those who wish to be cryosuspended using the best technology available. SA is the world's newest organization in this rapidly growing field, with an unmatched commitment to technology advancement and quality service.

Our goals are to further advance and apply recent discoveries in cryobiology to minimize patient tissue damage so that cryopatients may enjoy the maximum chance of resuscitation in the future. We use the most sophisticated and meticulous procedures, we employ highly qualified and experienced research personnel, and we spend more time researching new technologies and techniques than anyone in the cryonics business today. Our dedicated scientists are focused on both improving the techniques of cryosuspension and in improving the condition of patients when they are cryosuspended.

Initially, our service clients are cryonics organizations. In the future, we will contract directly with individuals, provided the individuals make arrangements for postmortem custodial care with a separate organization that offers long-term storage. We will assist in obtaining membership in a long-term storage organization.

Founded in February 2002, Suspended Animation, Inc. has already provided team leadership, expertise, and equipment for the cryosuspension of patients of the Alcor Life Extension Foundation and for standby and transport of a Cryonics Institute patient. We are available immediately for similar cases.

Suspended Animation Inc.

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic.

A lot of people claim Walt Disney is on ice, but he isn't.

Some companies have a two-tiered price structure to keep you suspended:

1. Your head only
2. Your whole body.

It's also hugely expensive and comes with no guarantees at all (of course).

I reckon people who have paid for this stuff were born about 1,000 years too soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Has anyone heard the latest news regarding baseball great Ted Williams? Last I heard, there was a court battle as one of his sons had him preserved. His son claimed that he had a paper signed by his father saying that was his wish, but most thought it was forged. Any updates?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I wish to be put into cryosuspension. the thought of death has chills running down my spine, just the thought of my body being desecrated and destroyed angers me. As if I get put into cryosuspension my body will be perfectly preserved apart from the cellular sagging, as the ice makes your cells expand and then when you are thawed your cells would be sagged and you'd have no muscles! so it is nessecary to have some sort of electro muscle and cellular stimulation, this would also make the process much more expensive, however I beleive it is worth it!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
resented

Do a calculation of annual costs of the suspension activity (even for just your head) multiplied by the number of years elapsed before medical technology could start doing something with a dead head or body, then work out whether you have enough inheritance coming your way or whether you are in the right profession to even make a dent on the first ten years' costs ...

Also, you might want to die young so you can enjoy your resurrection, if it's ever possible. Factor that in as well.

(Not being all doom and gloom. Just wondering whether your other options are better!)

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
And what are other options for keeping your body well preserved?? also I could easily afford it, as my uncle is undoubtably a very rich man and he has no children and has said that he shall leave his money to me! so i could afford it!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For those who dont know he is, he was one of the best baseball players in history.

Magazine Reports Ted Williams Is Stored Frozen in Two Pieces
By RICHARD SANDOMIR

After Ted Williams's death last year, his head was surgically removed from his body at a cryonics facility in Scottsdale, Ariz., Sports Illustrated reported on its Web site yesterday. The head and body are preserved in liquid nitrogen.

The magazine also reported that Williams's son, John-Henry, owes the facility, Alcor Life Extension Foundation, $111,000 of the $136,000 bill.

Ted Williams's will stated that he wanted to be cremated. But his son produced a note, which was said to be written and signed in a Florida hospital room in November 2000, pledging that he, his father and his sister Claudia wanted to be cryonically preserved.

The magazine reports that 8 of 182 DNA samples taken from Williams were missing, and that his shaven head, which was drilled with holes, was accidentally cracked 10 times.

She said there was normally no reason to take DNA samples because DNA can be gleaned from hair. And, she added, "How do you accidentally crack something 10 times?"

NY TIMES STORY

This whole story really disturbs me. He clearly stated in his will that he wanted to be cremated and his greedy so-called son forged a note and had him preserved in order to profit from his DNA. How could you go against your father's wishes like this, has he no conscience?

The only reason his daughter withdrew her case to preserve her father's wishes is because she couldn't afford it. This is a really sad story concerning a really good man. I hope the truth comes out and this man does time for his greedy forgery and let him sit in prison and think what he did to someone who did so much for him. Lowlife POS.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Proud

Very interesting update.

1. Are we sure of what Williams actually stated in his will, and that the note was forged? I have seen some bizarre things happen with people's testamentary wishes, especially if certain things they have said aren't formally revoked.

2. I was going to ask what a 'POS' is if not Point Of Sale, then I figured it.

I still can't see the benefit to family of cryogenic suspension. The benefit could only rest in the continuation of the living forlorn hopes of the suspended dead non-entity.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I sure hope I'm not jumping to conclusions but all the evidence seems overwhelming. Here's an excerpt from an article written by Tom Verducci, of CNN/SI.

The only known documentation that links Ted and cryonic suspension is a piece of motor oil-stained scrap paper signed by Ted, John Henry and John Henry's sister Claudia Williams a paper stating their desire to be put in "Bio-Stasis after we die" on the chance that the three of them could "be together in the future", and a paper whose authenticity is contested by Ted's 24-hour attendants and his first-born child, Bobby-Jo Ferrell. The note is dated Nov. 2, 2000. Williams lived another 20 months. Twenty months went by and he never signed a more official document than that scrap paper, nothing witnessed, nothing filed, nothing notarized. He never signed an agreement with Alcor to be suspended. Alcor people came into his house -- the convenience of a house call! -- and he never even met them, never mind signed any documents. He simply hollered from a back room, according to a taped conversation between Johnson and an Alcor field representative.

And then, only after Ted died, was a consent form submitted to Alcor. The line for his signature -- the member's -- was blank, what with Ted being dead and all. John Henry filled out the rest of it.

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED ARTICLE

From the link in my former post:

The magazine's report may bring new life to the Ferrells' fight to have Williams's body cremated. Heer said the family was exploring legal options, including returning to Citrus County Circuit Court in Florida with proof that Claudia Williams was not present when she was said to have signed the note with her father and brother.

I dont see the benefit to the family of suspension either. I can only imagine the son's motive is money, people would probably pay good money for the DNA of a legend with his ability. It screams of greed to me, hopefully time will tell.

And it wasn't "point of sale", I have to behave.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This story continues to disturb me.

Ex-employee: Alcor threatened to dispose of Ted's body
ESPN
Former Alcor Life Extension Foundation employee Larry Johnson said company officials suggested, perhaps jokingly, they would ship Williams' body to John Henry Williams if the son didn't pay the money he still owes the company, The New York Times reported in Thursday's editions.

"One director said that if John Henry didn't pay, they should ship the body in a cardboard box to him, then to Bobbi-Jo [Williams Ferrell]," Johnson said in a telephone interview to the newspaper.

Johnson, formerly the Chief Operating Officer at Alcor, said in the report that John Henry Williams still owes the foundation $111,000. The entire preservation process costs $136,000.

sports.espn.go.com...

Why is this man being treated like a slab of meat? This man wanted to be cremated and sprinkled across the Florida Keys, instead he has been decapitated. His head is in a jar and his body upside down in a storage container. His head has been cracked 10 times, this is disgusting. His "son" has let his greed overcome the wishes of his own father, I hope he doesn't continue to get away with this.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A former executive of the Scottsdale cryonics company where baseball great Ted Williams' body is frozen has launched a pay-per-view Web site with gruesome decapitation photos to raise money for his legal defense.

www.azcentral.com...

So now you can visit a website and pay to look at photos of this?!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
resentedhalo

just the thought of my body being desecrated and destroyed angers me.

That's life ... Nature doesn't intentionally "desecrate" and "destroy" your body. It's a natural process of life. Why would that anger you?

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I had some sea monkeys once

new topics

top topics

join