It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "The Truth About Hillary" intended to destroy Hillary for Kerry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Today the Drudge Report ran a story that summarized the claim, made in Edward Klein's new Book *The Truth About Hillary*, that Chelsea was conceived when Bill Clinton raped Hillary at a Bermuda retreat.

To qoute:
"Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton turned furious and considered legal action after learning bestselling author Ed Klein would allege in a new book: Bill Clinton raped her -- resulting in the conception of daughter Chelsea Clinton!

"[Author] Klein is going to rot in hell for this," a well-placed source close to Hillary said over the weekend.

The explosive charge comes in THE TRUTH ABOUT HILLARY: WHAT SHE KNEW, WHEN SHE KNEW IT, AND HOW FAR SHE'LL GO TO BECOME PRESIDENT -- set for release next week. "

www.drudgereport.com...

Now, it has to be VERY CLEAR that Klein is not some raving right-wing mouthpiece. He is the former editor of the NYTimes Sunday magazine and a contributor to left-leaning mags like Vanity Fair. He's also connected to Democratic circles.

His publisher, Penguin, released many of the pro-Kerry books during the 2004 election.

So... is this new book, *The Truth About Hillary* an attempt to sink her camapaign and secure the 2008 nomination for Kerry?

[edit on 13-6-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
did u just have to imitate me, i already made it, its next door.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
did u just have to imitate me, i already made it, its next door.

Actually, I started this thread on the ATS board as a political conspiracy because, if this is an attempt by the Kerry camp to sink her campaign through control of a publishing house, it IS a conspiracy.

I strongly disagree with the mod's decision to move this to the pure politics board (and to this specific board in particular). This is a legitimate conspiracy topic and it belongs in ATS.

So, deltaboy, I did not double-post your thread. A mod moved mine here.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Now, it has to be VERY CLEAR that Klein is not some raving right-wing mouthpiece. He is the former editor of the NYTimes Sunday magazine and a contributor to left-leaning mags like Vanity Fair. He's also connected to Democratic circles.

- So what?
The Clintons have enemies on the Dem side too.

So... is this new book, *The Truth About Hillary* an attempt to sink her camapaign and secure the 2008 nomination for Kerry?

- Maybe; but after the lacklustre campaign Kerry ran last time why on earth would the Dems want to turn to a proven failure?

Politicians and parties who act like it will just end up 'being their turn' are crazy IMO.

......and I hope the Clintons (both of them) sue this guy within an inch of his life.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Uhhh, do you even know who Edward Klein is? Your profile leaves out a lot.

His last book was based on supposed "blockbuster" interviews with Jackie O's doormen, manicurists, and garbagemen. He wrote way too much about the perfect condition of her toenails. He also blames the Kennedy's problems on a "Greek Curse" that was put on the family when Jackie married Aristotle Onassis.

The only thing that you should be clear about is that Ed Klein is a hack--not left-wing or right-wing... just a hack. He has spent almost the past 20 years stalking the Kennedy family and their friends, writing tawdry tell-all books based not on fact, but on rumors and gossip gathered by hiding outside of doorways and paying off disgruntled help.

Ed Klein's descent into yellow journalism has been well-documented. He resigned from the NY Times magazine in controversy after he allowed a 4 year old, staged photograph to be published as current news documenting a Miami drug bust and a first-person account of a secretaries struggles to get a book published as fact when it was a complete hoax. Also on Klein's watch, another "news" article about Cambodia was published which actually plagiarized passages from a French novel.

Apparently ethics and accuracy never really mattered to Klein.

Similar reports about his latest "unauthorized biography" are already surfacing.

Mediamatters.org has already documented uncanny similarities with passages from Sidney Blumenthal's The Clinton Wars. Inaccuracies are also documented here. I can only imagine who the "unnamed sources" are who came up with the "blockbusters" in this book---plumbers and lifeguards?

His publisher, Penguin, released many of the pro-Kerry books during the 2004 election.

Not quite.

Sentinel--a conservative division of Penguin, published this drivel. They also published:

A Matter of Character: Inside the White House of George W. Bush by Ronald Kessler

A Patriot's History of The United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror by Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen

Do-Gooders: How Liberals Hurt Those They Claim To Help (and the Rest of Us) by Mona Charen

It's an attempt to smear Clinton. But Klein is hardly credible and the claims are rehashed trash. Its a non-issue. Right-wing Hillary-haters will spew the same vitriol as usual, but it just goes to show how far out of touch with reality some people are when they rally 'round a guy who paid a manicurist for Jacqueline Onassis' old toenail clippings.

new topics

top topics

join