It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Crust: anomaly map for May 2005 is the best proof of what is now happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This temperature anomaly map for May 2005 is the best proof of what is now happening under the Earth's Crust.

The map provides all the required information: unit (Celsius), color scale.
If you are not blind you should see immediately what's going on.

The problem is that people were brainwashed into accepting blindness.

----- added, since even last reply (10th) shows that it's not clear for all what the map displays, despite the legend:
Anomaly of air temperatures in May 2005 in relation to normals from 1961-1990 -
Source

----- some help, since after 10 replies nobody picked up the right pixels
What part can't be explained by ANY climate model?

[edit on 13-6-2005 by MattMarriott]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
MM,
Your posting is a bit ambiguous. What are you attempting to say. What have the masses been brain wahed not to see?
What is the source of your information scale?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Global warming isnt caused by co2?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Congrats MM on yet another post that makes absolutely no sense

Seriously though, could you at least give us a hint and what you're trying to point out?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well, a look at the link shows that the original source is PRAVDA -- a tabloid magazine from Russia.

Ah, dear Pravda.

Yes, we should totally believe all the news we find in tabloids. I hear that James Carville and Batboy are actually twins: www.weeklyworldnews.com...

Who knew?

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Link? I do not see any.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Right click on the image and select properties. It is listed as the Address.
BUt it still makes little sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Saw that, was actually hoping for some kind of text etc so I can try to figure out what MM is on about as well as just what the pix is suppose to show other than a heat graph.
Considering that it is summertime in the northern hemisphere, a temperature rise of 2-3 degrees would not be out of place. Notice that there is also a drop in temperature in the southern hemisphere of nearly 8 degrees.
This would be the same when summer occurs in the southern hemisphere and a drop in the temps in the north.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
From what I can see its a surface temperature map, so it isn't really linked to the crust.

Maybe its the evil powers-that-be freezing the American east coast and melting Siberia? Some sort of weather manipulations?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Congrats MM on yet another post that makes absolutely no sense

True enough, can you please provide some information with your posts? Every one of them has a tantalizing headline but nothing underneath.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
this was published in May 2005 but does it show the difference between 1961-1990? If that is the case I would love to see a map that shows 1990 - 2005 to see that difference.

I know in my area our winters have been colder the last few years and our summers have been hotter the last few years -- so we would probably average out overall.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i presume your talking about underground spaces/bases or something similar?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Silly people tiz a heat map! And why is antarctica so hot!!!???

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Silly people tiz a heat map! And why is antarctica so hot!!!???

The maps shows little data on antartica and what it does show is that it's colder. You mean the artic.

----- added, since even last reply (10th) shows that it's not clear for all what the map displays, despite the legend:
Anomaly of air temperatures in May 2005 in relation to normals from 1961-1990 -

----- some help, since after 10 replies nobody picked up the right pixels
What part can't be explained by ANY climate model?

This still doesn't explain what any of that has to do with what's going on under the Earth's crust as you said in your first post.
Please explain further.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It seems to merely be showing that the eastern US, india, Japan, and tierro del fuego had a cooler may in 2005 than usual, and that Europe, Siberia, parts of australia and south america had warmer temperatures this may than usual.

It does, btw, if anyone is wondering, show absolute average temperature for those regions. So its not saying northern siberia was hotter than eastern north america or Spain is hotter than Brazil and Alaska.

I'm not really sure why this should be seen as meaningful.

source
The temperature index is formed by combining the meteorological station measurements over land with sea surface temperatures obtained primarily from satellite measurements

Here is the ' Monthly temperature anomalies in 1997, relative to the 1951-1980 mean"

It looks like most months are roughly rather similar to the one presented on top.

Here is "Global map of monthly-mean temperature anomalies for the year 2004 relative to the 1951-1980 baseline"

Some of the months here are rather different from the orignal anomaly map. But whats it all supposed to mean? Some years and some months some regions tend to get warmer and other regions tend to get colder? I don't see how its relevant.

Also, these surface-air temps aren't necessarily having anything at all to do with crustal processes or anything like that. They are affected more strongly be the pressence or absence of cities and farmland or prarieland and pollutants and humidity and amount of received sunlight, etc etc, not 'hot molten magma' warming the crust.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Nygdan]

top topics

join