It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Civilization on Google Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
digg.com...

maps.google.com...,-94.529843&spn=0.027938,0.028281&t=k&hl=en

[edit on 083030p://47068 by enrage]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
How about a location?
Antartica, Siberia, North Pole?
You sure this is not a photo shop? The reason that I ask this is I have never seen a google map using this color schema.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You talking about the multi-color noise on the water?

The purple and green lines and rectangles? Thats digital noise, probably from the reflectivity of the lake.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
(g) You beat me to it, Quest!

Those aren't true color photos, but were enhanced from another image... and a fairly lossy one. You get all kinds of weird artifacts when you enhance photos. Try it for yourself on a photo you've taken of something!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ah yes, I saw this on google sight-seeing.
It's quite a sight.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
enrage, why would you copy and paste this off another site?Its june, so no, its not winter.

Heres the site you got this from

My guess is that its in kansas or nebraska, probably nebraska.

Im guessing its closest city would be North Platte, in the countys:

Custer, Dawson, buffalo, hall, sherman, howard, valley, greeley, blaine, loup, garfeild, or wheeler. i cant really tell.

Its just enhanced.

[edit on 6/13/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Is this the (zoomed in) object coming out of the water you're talking about?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
How about a location?
Antartica, Siberia, North Pole?

Looks to me like a pipeline running across/under the lake with an small island in the middle. Why does it look alien? Is it because of the location, which would be helpful BTW?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
mpeak, i would just say the thing coming out is an island perhaps. Hal i gave the about-location above.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
enrage, why would you copy and paste this off another site?Its june, so no, its not winter.

Heres the site you got this from

Custer, Dawson, buffalo, hall, sherman, howard, valley, greeley, blaine, loup, garfeild, or wheeler. i cant really tell.

Its just enhanced.

friend emailed it to me and provided the link to google. was not aware that it was on another website. I thought my friend found it while searching google maps.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
oh it seemed a bit funny because your words are exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

oh it seemed a bit funny because your words are exactly the same.

I copied and pasted his email thats why.

My bad...didn't mean to come off like that. I know thats frowned upon here.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
its fine, buddy.
i thought it was a little weird how youve been here that long and would do that. no problems here. why dont you come into chat? im bored.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Its just enhanced.

This is Smithville Lake in northern Missouri.

click for larger image

This is about a one hour drive from here... Hmmm... Anyone have scuba gear?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That is too funny. I don't know what someone was trying to do, but that my friends is a "rip-out". Where I work, a "rip-out" is a tear in a semiconductor layer over another layer. Yes, that city looking pic is a zoomed in close up of a microprocessor layer. And using one of the microscope filters, you can make those same color pictures with the black, blue, white and purple.

mpeake's zoomed in pic is an enlargement of a particle that's resting on the surface of the chip. The microcracks radiating out from the particle may indicate that it caused the tear and is cracking the underlying level. I see these all the time. The thinfilm layer must have gave out when the particle was exposed to high temp baking or maybe plasma etch. Hard to know without knowing what level was being worked on at the time.

Now what's it doing on a map server and how it got there and why is beyond me...Its obviously some sort of joke, because how many of you in here work in a semiconductor plant, and therefore would actually realize what this is? Notice the bright areas surrounding the city image that either look like a lake or some mountains, the whitish grey stuff.... thats the torn, peeled back layer. Must have been a barrier metal level. Anyway, it's like tearing open a sheet of foil, folding back the edges of the tear, and seeing what's underneath.

Somebody is having a real laugh with this one. They put a semiconductor particle defect investigation photo on the map server. Funny....I need to send this to some of the guys at the plant.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
hhmmm seth, i just tryed to judge it by the google map and stuff, oh well i failed on that part.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Looks like compression artifacts or something to me.

new topics

top topics

join