It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Crimes against Serbs in Eastern Bosnia? (1992-1993)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I was just reading a site that talks about the war in formers Yugoslavia in the 1990's and they mentioned a report documenting war crimes against Serbs.

Here's a bit from the article:

emperors-clothes.com...

In June 1993 the United Nations published a 132-page report entitled “Memorandum on War Crimes and Crimes of Genocide in Eastern Bosnia (communes of Bratunac, Skelani and Srebrenica) committed against the Serbian population from April 1992 to April 1993.” Note the dates: April 1992 was the very beginning of the war in Bosnia. The Serbs charged that from the outset of the war the so-called Bosnian government (they say it was a government run by a faction of Muslims, the extremist faction) had a policy of genocide against Serbs.

You never heard of this document? I am not surprised. I checked with the Lexis-Nexis media search engine. I could not find a single English-language newspaper or TV news program that reported that it existed.

Well, one might say, the UN document might be entirely false. And that is correct, it might be false. But you know, it also might be 100% true. And it might be something in between. Or then again, it might be understated. The Serbs might have been afraid that if they told the whole truth, nobody would believe them.

Does anyone know the legitimacy of this?

I did a search on google but didn't find the document on the UN site but when looking at archived newsgroup postings I found copies of it from a post made in 1995.

google news archive on document A/48/177

[edit on 13-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I find this Entire Site called the Emperor's New Clothes a Big Pile of Islam-Hating Propaganda - but HEY its that time of the Decade I guess, and Everybody will start to release all sorts of information regarading this topic.

How to wash Bloody Hands by blaming the other sides.

Not a Word how Serbian Paramilitaray formations slaughtered thousands of Bosnian Men in Srebrenica.

Not a Word how the Serbian Forces beseiged the city of Sarajevo for Months, causing starvation, destruction and death.

Not a Word about the city of Vukovar.

I dont buy it....

As if the Serbs are the Victims here.

Yea Right!

Slobodan Miloshevic - a Serb.

General Radko Mladic - a Serb.

Radovan Karadzic - a Serb.

And all of them War Criminals - two of them still at large.

No word about them....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here's another point of view of this subject. Maybe a little biased, but then again what side isn't in this past civil war.

Serbianna

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
the Serbs have been trying for years to pass the blame on others for what happened, without any luck....they left way to much evidence behind, such as this:

LINK --

gruesome stuff, i saw the whole video on croatian TV the other day, made me really sick, as it has everybody in the studio audience as well....

The Croat side is guilty of genocide in Knin, which was cleaned of Serbs and the Herzegovina part of Bosnia, which they wanted to attach to Croatia.

If the Bosnians commited any attrocities it most likely happened at the end of the war with a payback in mind.....before that, they were the ones being slaughtered, no doubt about that.

But no one can say that all parties commited these acts on the same scale.

Mod Edit to fix link.

[edit on 6-15-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Here's another point of view of this subject. Maybe a little biased, but then again what side isn't in this past civil war.

Serbianna

He keeps saying "bosnian muslim army". There is no bosnian muslim army.
There is an army of the internationaly recognized state of Bosnia and Hercegovina, a multi-ethnic army, always was and always will be. Bosnia is not an islamic republic, it never was.

It is not our fault that a large number of serbs decided to join a SEPARATIST army led by war criminals Karadzic and Mladic, with help from official serbian goverment led by another war criminal Milosevic, to slaughter 250,000 people.

The islamic extremists that found their way to Bosnia are being dealt with, both by bosnian authorities and by international ones.

the Serbs have been trying for years to pass the blame on others for what happened, without any luck....they left way to much evidence behind

Indeed.

Unlike some questionable memos that only exist on serbian internet sites, the evidence for the slaughter commited by extremist serbs in the balkan region is present EVERYWHERE, media, books, tons of video material, witnesses both domestic and international, like a whole dutch battalion that witnessed the slaughter of Srebrenica, numerous mass graves, continuous video coverage of 3 years of costant bombing of civilians in Sarajevo, Zenica, Tuzla and many other cities, international organisations that witnessed for 3 years the misery of the refugees, civilian population slowly starving to death in surrounded cities.... and many many more pieces of evidence.

There is no way around it.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The publics true ignorance regarding the conflicts in the fmr. Yugoslavia is staggering.

Problem #1: People (specifically Americans) don't care enough about the situation to become informed. As with problem in Iraq, everyone believes what the government tells them, and dig no further.

Problem #2: People (again, silly Americans) are not told that the real criminals in Bosnia and Kosovo are the Serbs, further investigation (and not into the Serbian media, to mainstream media sources) will definitively show that 95% of violence in the region is perpetuated by Albanians, and Bosnian Muslims. Do the research, see for yourself.

Problem #3: Whoever the USA picks as the "bad guy," retains the label indefinitly. Are we that egocentric to believe that we are always on the side of good? I sure as hell know we are not.

I have met several Serbian people...all are extremely nice, down to earth, welcoming, warm, give you the shirt off their back type people. Croatian people are the same. However, Bosinan Muslims and Albanians are your typical thug gangster wanna be's. It is no wonder Serbs and Croatians BOTH, hate the Bosnian Muslims AND Albanians. Serbians and Croatians get along with each other, despite the war between them. Logic should help you figure out the rest.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
afterdark,

You said you met Several Serbian people.

How many Bosnian People did you Meet?

How many do you Know?

And Serbs and Croats do NOT get along very well - say to a Serb the name "Operation Oluja" and they will quickly change their mind.

Have you ever even been to ANY of the Countries of Ex-Yugoslavia?

I find your Statement Insulting and Very Ignorant and your knowledge of Nations and Nationalities of Former Yugoslavia VERY POOR!

[edit on 20/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I served with the UN in the Balkans and i have no doubt that Serbs were killed in retaliation for the crimes they committed there. The Serbs burned villages, raped and murdered their way across Croatia, Bosnia and Kosavo.
Serb government sanctioned murderers like the Tigers were the worst culprits.
Ask yourselves this, if you were being murdered by the thousand your homes burnt to the ground and your families raped and killed, would you not want revenge for that?
You reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by afterdark
The publics true ignorance regarding the conflicts in the fmr. Yugoslavia is staggering.

Problem #1: People (specifically Americans) don't care enough about the situation to become informed. As with problem in Iraq, everyone believes what the government tells them, and dig no further.

Problem #2: People (again, silly Americans) are not told that the real criminals in Bosnia and Kosovo are the Serbs, further investigation (and not into the Serbian media, to mainstream media sources) will definitively show that 95% of violence in the region is perpetuated by Albanians, and Bosnian Muslims. Do the research, see for yourself.

Problem #3: Whoever the USA picks as the "bad guy," retains the label indefinitly. Are we that egocentric to believe that we are always on the side of good? I sure as hell know we are not.

I have met several Serbian people...all are extremely nice, down to earth, welcoming, warm, give you the shirt off their back type people. Croatian people are the same. However, Bosinan Muslims and Albanians are your typical thug gangster wanna be's. It is no wonder Serbs and Croatians BOTH, hate the Bosnian Muslims AND Albanians. Serbians and Croatians get along with each other, despite the war between them. Logic should help you figure out the rest.

what a bunch of ignorant boloney.....

Bosnian muslims are gangster wannabes?

Let me tell you something about gangsters, albanians are not wannabes, their mafia is in fact very powerfull, and so is the serbian mafia.

LOL, the serbs told you so....

Janus is right, you reap what you sow...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
The islamic extremists that found their way to Bosnia are being dealt with, both by bosnian authorities and by international ones.

I don't think that's entirely true.

Here are some links. They are from 2000, but the articles imply that nobody want's to deal with Mujahedeen

Link1
Link2

new topics

top topics

join