It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think I screwed up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
About a year ago a large car dealer in town was promoting their new vehicles. They (the dealership) mailed out to everyone in Nye County a small square black remote control device. Now out of all those little remotes that were mailed out ONE would unlock a new car. Whoever, had that one would win a brand new car. Are you still with me?
Well, yours truly never went to check out hers. I had too much to do and figured that I would never win anyways. So I tossed it in a catch-all drawer never to be seen again, until 3 months ago when I decided to clean up my drawer. When I picked up the little remote it felt rather heavy for it's tiny size. So I took a knife and pryed it opened. There were two little batteries in it, like the ones used for a watch. Since my watch batteries died I decided to see if these little batteries would fit it. They fit it perfectly and my watch has run great with perfect time for 3 straight months now.

By the way no one ever won the car. So here's my question. I bet your can see it coming huh?
Do you think all the remotes had good running batteries in them? Do you think I may have had the remote control that would have opened the new car door? :bnghd:

Please be kind and tell me I probably didn't have the one and only remote that would have unlocked a brand new car.
:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hmm...that's the kind of thing that makes you feel like this:
or
at yourself.
You never know, but let's hope that you weren't the only one that chucked their's into a junk drawer, but then again the fact that your's had batteries might make you think otherwise.

JAK

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Result - you got some free batteries for your watch.

Jak

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If you really want to know.........contact the dealership and find out if they put batteries in all their remotes..............

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
haha
im oh so sympathetic
go find out!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Odds are that they all had batteries. And you aren't the only one who didn't bother to try and win the car, so, I wouldn't worry. I would be happy I got free batteries for my watch.

Zerinity

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
just kidding!!!!!!!!!! i dont believe in those promotions. I dont think they ever send out a remote, key, or any other thing that will really open up the car. They know that a lot of people will never show so they can always keep the car, attract some people who will PURCHASE a car and thereby get 100% profit.
relax and i agree with the other posts enjoy your new batteries!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join