It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Seal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xar Ke Zeth

Sorry to be picky, but Annuit Coeptis means something along the lines of "the beginning of the year".

Actually, it means "He hath prospered our undertakings", and is taken from a poem by Virgil.The actual line from Virgil's "Georgics" is "Da facilem cursum, atque audacibus annue cœptis", which is literally "Make my way easy, and prosper my undertakings."

Charles Thomson, who suggested the motto and who was a Latin expert, changed "annue" to "annuit", making it a third person verb which implies "to be favorable to" or "to smile upon".

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up for me. I gotta look more into that.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's common knowledge? Then how come nobody has EVER been able to show the tiniest piece of evidence!?!? If there is no proof, nobody KNOWS they exists, they only THINK they do. Here on ATS we try to Deny Ignorance, ignorance being people who believe things that they read without critically analyzing it!)

You could say the same thing about religion and god and jesus

Aim

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmaracing
It's common knowledge? Then how come nobody has EVER been able to show the tiniest piece of evidence!?!? If there is no proof, nobody KNOWS they exists, they only THINK they do. Here on ATS we try to Deny Ignorance, ignorance being people who believe things that they read without critically analyzing it!)

You could say the same thing about religion and god and jesus

No you can't.. there were lots of artifacts and scrolls found that have been cross referenced to give us a "good" look into Jesus' time.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wasn't this topic suppose to be about the great seal?

Anyway, the Illuminati existed whether you like it or not. They were a group of scientists seeking refuge from the catholic's wrath.

"Round? The world? TO THE PITS OF HELL YE GO! *burn*"
(No I'm not putting down Christianity, just Catholisicm)

Catholic people told me there's a book the catholic church wrote. And it's a "what the Bible MENT to say was..." type idea. That in itself is a very very funny thing to do.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
Anyway, the Illuminati existed whether you like it or not.

What is questioned is that they continued to the modern day and infiltrated governments around the world.

They were a group of scientists seeking refuge from the catholic's wrath.

The Illuminati were liberals in an age when the Church was a state and the States were run by quasi-divine kings. Saying that they were against catholicism is minimalizing it.

Catholic people told me there's a book the catholic church wrote. And it's a "what the Bible MENT to say was..." type idea. That in itself is a very very funny thing to do.

Since there is no such book it is indeed very funny.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The question should be what does a pyramid have to do with america!

Anywho details on all things ignored

New order of Ages or paradigm shift
A paradigm shift is the term first used by Thomas Kuhn in his famous 1962 book The Structure of Scientific Revolutions to describe the process and result of a change in basic assumptions within the ruling theory of science. It has since become widely applied to many other realms of human experience as well.

The quotes above and below the Pyramid are quotes by the Latin poet Virgil:

Secret meanings in Virgil
In the Middle Ages, Virgil was considered a herald of Christianity, for his Eclogue 4 verses (PP Ecl.4) concerning the birth of a boy, were re-read to prophesy Christ's nativity. The poem may actually refer to the pregnancy of Octavian's wife Scribonia, who in fact gave birth to a girl.

Also during the Middle Ages, as Virgil developed into a kind of magus or wizard, manuscripts of the Aeneid were used for divination, the Sortes Virgilianae, in which a line would be selected at random and interpreted as Old Testament lines were interpreted for arcane meanings, in light of a current situation. (Compare the ancient Chinese I Ching). This is a kind of bibliomancy.

Even in the Welsh myth of Taliesin, the goddess Cerridwen is reading from the "Book of Pheryllt"--that is, Virgil.

More recently, professor Jean-Yves Maleuvre has proposed that Virgil wrote the Aeneid using a "double writing" system, in which the first superficial writing was intended for national audience and Augustus' needs, while the second one, deeper and hidden, unnoticed before Maleuvre discovered it, reflected Virgil's true point of view and his true historical reconstruction of the past. Maleuvre believes Augustus had Virgil murdered once the epic was finished. Maleuvre's ideas have not met with general acceptance.

Further More various relations to pyramids capping sungods and such:

'The Devil's Freemason': Richard Carlile and his Manual of Freemasonry. (See page 3 paragraph 6)
www.shef.ac.uk...
"The mystery as follows: 'Masonary is derived and is the remains of the religon of the ancient Druids; who like the magi of Persia and the priests of Heliopolis in Egypt, were priests of the Sun."

Magi of Persia
www.sacred-texts.com...

Heliopolis
en.wikipedia.org...

Sun Worship
en.wikipedia.org...

Ben Ben Stone:
www.discoverychannel.co.uk...
www.morehouse.edu...
www.eclipse-chasers.com...

coincidences I am sure!

top topics