It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Seal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A question the Great Seal

I heard that while Roosevelt was president, a member of the Illuminati, which was Roosevelt's friend, presented him the great seal, along with Novus ordo seclorum, which his friend told him ment "Great new nation" not "New world order" or "A new order of the ages".

But, from what I've READ, this seal was made by Charles Thomson in June 1782.

Thoughts, Ideas, Comments? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've heard that Roosevelt was told the words meant "New Deal", which was, of course, his big political program that got him elected to the Presidency and included his many social reforms. I don't remember where I read that, but, yeah.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It sounds like a bunch of hooey, no offense. Besides the fact that there is no such thing as the Illuminati, the Great Seal's creation was started through a government program, and Novus Ordo Seclorum INDEED means "A New Order for the Ages".

I don't understand why everyone assumes the unfinished pyramid with the eye of God is an Illuminati symbol?!? Where did this myth come from???

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Great Seal was indeed designed in the 18th century and the obverse of it was used to stamp treaties and other official documents from that time.

The first time it appeared on the dollar bill was under Roosevelt though.

Cug

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I don't understand why everyone assumes the unfinished pyramid with the eye of God is an Illuminati symbol?!? Where did this myth come from???

Robert Anton Wilson's The Illuminatus! Trilogy. The first book was The Eye In The Pyramid. I have yet to fine anything that predates this book.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
But wasn't that trilogy just a work of fiction?

Cug

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yep, fiction mixed with hints of fact. Ironic isn’t it? FNORD

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I figured as much. A la' Da Vinci Code.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The symbol is clearly described in Abbe Augustine Barruels's Memoirs Illustrating The History of Jacobinism "The Illuminati", published in 1797 amongst other sources.

Seriously, there must be at least one person out there who actually wants to know about the Illuminati enough to read this f***ing book?
aobs-store.com...

Cug

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Great.. what page number? 2000 pages is a lot to browse. My local Libary's website says it has the book, I'll check it out next week.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Depends on your version and translation - try using the Index.
"Part Three - The Antisocial Conspiracy" is where it begins to examine the actual rituals and structure of the cult in closer detail.

What I am really looking for though is reprints of the documents siezed by the Bavarian Police and suchlike which have the actual diagrames and suchlike clearly depicted.

Anyone know where they can be obtained from or any of Wieshaupts "Public" writings like the Illuminati Encyclopedia?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm also looking for a copy of Bernard Fay's "The Revolution & Freemasonry, 1680-1800" which is quite highly regarded as broader historical reference surrounding the period covered by Barruel's Memoires and historical links to the American Revolt.
There is a lot of negative press from the various disinformation sites and it seems nigh on impossible to obtain. (always a sign you are on to something in this topic area)
Anyone had better luck out there in Google land and beyond?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
I heard that while Roosevelt was president, a member of the Illuminati, which was Roosevelt's friend, presented him the great seal, along with Novus ordo seclorum, which his friend told him ment "Great new nation" not "New world order" or "A new order of the ages".

Here is the history of the Great Seal: bensguide.gpo.gov...

Thats a link for kids and has some basic info. Click on the PDF at the bottom (www.state.gov...) for everything you ever wanted to know about the seal, direct from the State Department.

[edit on 6/20/2005 by JustMe74]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
whoa

did someone just "carelessly mention" that the Illuminati doesn't exist?

first of all, die. it's pretty common knowledge even among non-conspiracy buffs that the Illuminati does indeed exist, and that many government figures are involved.

secondly, i notice that the people with masonic connections always seem to be the ones shutting down illuminati conspiracies... hmmmm i wonder why that is?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
first of all, die. it's pretty common knowledge even among non-conspiracy buffs that the Illuminati does indeed exist, and that many government figures are involved.

It's common knowledge? Then how come nobody has EVER been able to show the tiniest piece of evidence!?!? If there is no proof, nobody KNOWS they exists, they only THINK they do. Here on ATS we try to Deny Ignorance, ignorance being people who believe things that they read without critically analyzing it!

secondly, i notice that the people with masonic connections always seem to be the ones shutting down illuminati conspiracies... hmmmm i wonder why that is?

Must be because we are disinformation agents, trying to lead you down the wrong path! Maybe if you did you're research, you'd know that Freemasons don't have anything to do with the Government, OR nonexistant secret societies made up by silly conspiracy dorks. And why would ANYONE pick Freemasons to go on a conspiracy website to try to lie to people? As if ANYONE would actually think that might work. :shk:

You're a bright one, arentcha?!? Clown... :bnghd:

[edit on 20-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Can you prove that it does exist? As far as anyone knows, the Illuminati ceased to exist after 1790.

first of all, die.

That's not very nice.

it's pretty common knowledge even among non-conspiracy buffs that the Illuminati does indeed exist, and that many government figures are involved.

Which non-conspiracy buffs are you referring to?

That's right.. because the Masons secretly rule the world... muhahaha. Or maybe, just maybe, there are a few Masons on here that are actually researching these topics and know what they're talking about? Also, how are they "shutting down" the threads? Are they having the moderators lock the threads so no one can post in them?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

whoa

Denying the existance of the Illuminati has nothing to do with carelessness.

You'd be surprised how many people actually believe that the Illuminati do not exist. The dying comment was pretty unneccessary.

They are not shutting down anything they are just expressing their opinions. The Masons on this board have extensive knowledge of societies like this and they actually know what they are talking about.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

... nonexistant secret societies made up by silly conspiracy gooks.

Please tell me that was an unfortunate typo!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seb is a racist

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

... nonexistant secret societies made up by silly conspiracy gooks.

Please tell me that was an unfortunate typo!

HAHA!! I meant kooks. Whoopsies...

Seb is a racist

Well I AM a Freemason, aren't I??? Duh... :bnghd:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join