It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downing Street Memo -- Full Text

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
He may have had some connection to te 9/11 or an aquantance.
Most thngs are oppinions, we got to war over oppinions, some turn into beliefs. Like stains, good or bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well through the research i've done, I have found a lot of the underhanded things go back to RUSSIA/Iraq/France/UN. I think there has been so much go on under the table and we will never know all of it. And, i'm sure our government is not completely innocent either, but Russia especially has made some sneaky moves and I cannot for the life of me figure out why our government caters to them.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
On CSPAN3 now. (started at 2:30PM EST)

It's almost over but if you are interested in viewing, it will be shown again tomorrow evening on CSPAN2 (Friday 6/17) @ 8PM EST.

CSPAN Schedule 6/16

Key Speakers include (but not limited to):

Conyers, John Jr., U.S. Representative, D-MI
Frank, Barney, U.S. Representative, D-MA
Wilson, Joseph, Acting Ambassador (1990-1991), United States, Iraq
Bonifaz, John C., Founder, National Voting Rights Institute
McGovern, Ray, Member, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
Sheehan, Cindy, Founder, Gold Star Families for Peace

[edit on 6/16/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

It's almost over but if you are interested in viewing, it will be shown again tomorrow evening on CSPAN2 (Friday 6/17) @ 8PM EST.

CSPAN Schedule 6/16

Lecky - I watched the entire hearing. I encourage all Americans and Britains to do the same. I used to be a card-carrying Republican (even voted for Bush), but this informal hearing and the testimony have convinced me, we were lied to. This is worse than Nixon and Clinton, IMO. I'll never trust our government again.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

CSPAN Schedule 6/16

Key Speakers include (but not limited to):

Conyers, John Jr., U.S. Representative, D-MI
Frank, Barney, U.S. Representative, D-MA
Wilson, Joseph, Acting Ambassador (1990-1991), United States, Iraq
Bonifaz, John C., Founder, National Voting Rights Institute
McGovern, Ray, Member, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
Sheehan, Cindy, Founder, Gold Star Families for Peace

[edit on 6/16/2005 by Lecky]

i checked tvguide.com and CSPAN2 goes off the air at 7PM
is this normal?? if not then thats scary, im in perth amboy NJ right now, can anybody else check tvguide.com for their listing? jus checked and it comes back on air at 12:30,

oh well i cant watch this, can anbyody summarize?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Trueminatti]

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Trueminatti]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you don’t get CSPAN2 you can either view or listen to it online, it should still be going on, it ends at llpm EST. After clicking on the link below look in the right-hand box (under CSPAN2).

CSPAN

I'm not sure what's going to happen next with this, Bush has made it clear that he's not going to address this issue (even with 122 signatures from congress). This hearing was all about getting the DSM publicity and I think it's working. After the hearing, Conyer's hand delivered a letter requesting the subject matter be further investigated along with 540,000 signatures. Bush's people...or whatever, met him at the white house gate and took all the signatures into the white house.

(how much do you want to bet that they were then delivered to the shredder)

TO BE CONTINUED...or not

[edit on 6/17/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This timeline might be of use to non UK members in understanding the political process leading up the Iraq invasion in the UK. Much of what is mentioned, including the "memo", has only recently became public.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As with the US arguments and 'evolution' of policy, more questions are raised than answered (though the idea of a long standing policy between the two at the highest levels at least, becomes more obvious). Starting with the well known; the death of Iraq weapons expert Dr David Kelly, and all the way back to Operation Rockingham, The UK version of the American OSP.

More on Rockingham and the OSP

[edit on 17-6-2005 by kegs]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Today June 18 .. The American mainstream media is starting to run with the story a bit more...

ABCNEWS.com full article link

LONDON Jun 18, 2005 — When Prime Minister Tony Blair's chief foreign policy adviser dined with Condoleezza Rice six months after Sept. 11, the then-U.S. national security adviser didn't want to discuss Osama bin Laden or al-Qaida. She wanted to talk about "regime change" in Iraq, setting the stage for the U.S.-led invasion more than a year later.

President Bush wanted Blair's support, but British officials worried the White House was rushing to war, according to a series of leaked secret Downing Street memos that have renewed questions and debate about Washington's motives for ousting Saddam Hussein.

In one of the memos, British Foreign Office political director Peter Ricketts openly asks whether the Bush administration had a clear and compelling military reason for war.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Much more in the full article linked above.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Lecky - I watched the entire hearing. I encourage all Americans and Britains to do the same. I used to be a card-carrying Republican (even voted for Bush), but this informal hearing and the testimony have convinced me, we were lied to. This is worse than Nixon and Clinton, IMO. I'll never trust our government again.

I agree that we have been horribly manipulated, but you really can't compare what Bush has done to anything Clinton did. To quote a whimsical-yet-true bumper sticker... Nobody Died When Clinton Lied.

I wish Republicans would quit using Clinton as a moral whipping boy. The only difference between Clinton and your Republican leaders is that Bill was caught. Anyway, sorry to get off topic there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join