It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beatles subliminal messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Many people know about such messages, or things like "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", Which makes '___'.

Lennon excused all of this as Media mumbo-jumbo. Does anyone think Lennon is just having fun with his music? Especially at the end with "I'm so Tired"

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I believe the story about it being his sons drawing or whatever it was, but i think he did also see the whole '___' thing which prompted him to use it more. just look at the lyrics, woosh. But yes, all artists do, or should, have fun with their music and it seems like hes just testing the ropes. whatever that means.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
He was certainly aware of what the media said.

You've heard of the whole thing about Paul McCartney having died at some point (and if not, Google it), well, John and the Beatles were aware of this, as well.

He even referenced it in the song "Glass Onion", off the White Album.

He says, "Here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul." He was poking fun at the people who were going through all the Beatles songs, lyrics, album art, etc. looking for "clues" which were supposedly left by the Beatles which indicated that Paul was indeed dead..

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Paul is dead? what? I'm confused more now than ever.

I recently watched the documentary, from the '86 i think, about lennon, it had footage of him at the daily show or somewhere saying

"I remember hearing about lucy in the sky with diamonds bieng about '___', and ... I told them 'No way man' ... I was panic stricken, so i started searching (chuckle) all my songs for wierd letterings"

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
charles manson could tell you a thing or two about subliminal messages in the beatles lyrics. helter skelter 1968.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
can you list some subliminal messages you'd like to discuss ?

can you speak about the recording technology of the era and what was possible ?

can you propose a motive or purpose to the messages ?

can you show an example of someone acting on a message ?(shhh, let him find it on his own)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Heres an intresting link to the paul is dead hoax

digilander.libero.it...

The person who made the site actually thinks paul really is dead and billy shears took his place.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Raffles]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raffles
Heres an intresting link to the paul is dead hoax

digilander.libero.it...

The person who made the site actually thinks paul really is dead and billy shears took his place.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Raffles]

wow, you can't get better entertainment anywhere.......the best part is how it is all written in first person (we, us) and at the end credit for the interview goes to.........

In memory of all the people involved and replaced in this story: Sylvie Paul Brian Marisa Eric Brian Tara Maggie Luigi Mal John Dalida Linda and all at number 9

George

From a Beatles Interview 1992

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hmm, you know, it is VERY convincing. I wonder if Ringo or "Paul" will admit billy shears took the real Paul's place. Same as I wonder if courtney love will admit she hired someone to kill Kurt.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I remember a comedian talking about John Lennon's songs and said something along these lines:

"I used sit up all night and spend hours listening to Beatles songs, trying to work out just what it was John actually meant with his lyrics, then one day i saw John on a TV show and he was asked what his songs were about and he said 'There just a bunch of words really'.... I spent hours trying to work out what he meant by that"

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
I believe the story about it being his sons drawing or whatever it was, but i think he did also see the whole '___' thing which prompted him to use it more. just look at the lyrics, woosh. But yes, all artists do, or should, have fun with their music and it seems like hes just testing the ropes. whatever that means.

It was based on paul's son I think..... and yeah they do have some freaky messages... I just think they did it for fun

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
To see the hidden messages and listen to the songs go to www.thetruthcontest.com, click on the entry The Present and go to page 290 to get to the start of the section, You do not have to play the songs backwards like they thought in the 60's, the message are hidden in plain site once you know the secret code.

No one knows what they are really saying until now and we need to get the message out so tell all your friends and other Beatles fans to read the Section and listen to the songs.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
At the end of Strawberry Fields Forever (during the noisy bit) John Lennon can be heard saying either 'I buried Paul' or 'I'm very small' or 'I'm very bored'. Opinions vary as it's very low in the mix, but this has been used by people who perpetuate the 'Paul is dead' nonsense.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join