It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 killed, 90 injured in pre-election bombings in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There has been a series of bomb blast in Iraq just days before the Iranian elections. Reports on who may be to blame differ from Saddam loyalists, US backed terror groups or local Arabs who were the source of violence back in April of this year.

CBC

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Bomb blasts struck Iranian government buildings in the capital of an oil-rich border province, followed within hours by two other bombs in central Tehran, killing a total of nine people days before Iran's presidential election.

Iran's security service blamed the bombings - the deadliest in Iran in more than a decade - on supporters of ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

State-run television quoted hospital officials as saying at least eight people were killed and 86 injured in four bomb explosions in Ahvaz, capital of the southwestern Khuzestan province bordering Iraq.

Hours later, two small bombs exploded in central Tehran, killing one person and wounding four. Police said one suspect was taken into custody.

A spokesman for the Supreme National Security Council, Iran's top security decision-making body, blamed groups affiliated to Saddam's former Baathist regime in Iraq. State TV quoted spokesman Ali Agha Mohammadi as saying the perpetrators of the Ahvaz bombings had infiltrated into Iran from Basra in southern Iraq.

There are some orginizations in Iran that are being funded by the US government or private orginizations. At least one of those groups, the Iran Freedom Foundation (run by Swift Boat Vet Jerome Corsi), has called for a boycott of the Iranian election.
------------------------------------------

TEHRAN, IRAN: Iranian rescuers gather 12 June 2005 at the site of one of the explosions that targetted several public buildings in Iran's restive southwestern city of Ahvaz, an ethnic-Arab majority city close to the border with Iraq. At least eight people were killed and 75 others injured in the string of bomb attacks just days before the Islamic republic's presidential election. AFP PHOTO/STR (Photo credit should read -/AFP/Getty Images) Getty

EDIT: I did a search on the first couple of pages of ATS before posting this but the News article didn't show up until after I posted this thread.
Feel free to lock this thread and go to the link below for followups:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

There has been a series of bomb blast in Iraq just days before the Iranian elections. Reports on who may be to blame differ from Saddam loyalists, US backed terror groups or local Arabs who were the source of violence back in April of this year.

Don't mistake U.S. baked organization for freedom in Iran with terror groups. And your beliefs of blaming these attacks on the U.S. does not constitute as reports.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Don't mistake U.S. baked organization for freedom in Iran with terror groups. And your beliefs of blaming these attacks on the U.S. does not constitute as reports.

I didn't include the mention of the US as a suspect in my original post but if you go to the Getty link in my post, the captions on the photos stated the following:

TEHRAN, IRAN: Blood covers the ground at the site of an explosion near Imam Hussein Square in Tehran, 12 June 2005. A bomb exploded in a busy square in the east of the Iranian capital, killing one person and wounding three others, as Iran was struck by a wave of deadly bombings with the Islamic regime accusing US-backed "terrorists" of seeking to destabilise the country just days ahead of presidential elections. AFP PHOTO/STR (Photo credit should read -/AFP/Getty Images)

There were other news stories that mentioned the same accusation.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Allawi - the guy the US put in charge of Iraq as interm-prime minister was sponsered by the CIA to gather a group to conduct terrorist bombings against Saddam loyalists in his day, remember that it's a fact you can look up.

Iyad Allawi, now the designated prime minister of Iraq, ran an exile organization intent on deposing Saddam Hussein that sent agents into Baghdad in the early 1990's to plant bombs and sabotage government facilities under the direction of the C.I.A., several former intelligence officials say.
www.commondreams.org...

So already we have a precedent of America sponsering active Terrorism.

You can be sure that the CIA will be mixing the pot in Iran during election time, this is their best chance at getting a leg up before the US invades. Determining where they stand and what influence they can have on the Iranian people will help determine how the invasion will proceed.

Surely we have learnt by now that the US are involved in the very things they claim to want to stop, we aren't that blind still are we? I think it's time we all re-read up on the CIA World Wide Attack Matrix and realise they are authorised to conduct propaganda and/or preperations for war mission in over 80 countries around the world and have also been given more power than ever before.

We'll get a lot more of these kinds of stories, lets not let patriotism and propaganda blind and fool us again.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

Sep

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Don't mistake U.S. baked organization for freedom in Iran with terror groups.

You are harbouring MKO, a group which is even on the American terror list. Enough said.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
AoB

There has been a series of bomb blast in Iraq just days before the Iranian elections.

You did mean Iran, didn't you?

On a side note, Sean Penn, who is in Iran covering the elections, had his camera confiscated while participating in a sit-in. I wonder what we can pay the Iranians to keep him over there?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You did mean Iran, didn't you?

On a side note, Sean Penn, who is in Iran covering the elections, had his camera confiscated while participating in a sit-in. I wonder what we can pay the Iranians to keep him over there?

Yes I did. I missed that.
Hopefully a mod can fix that so it says Iran not Iraq.

I saw photos of Sean Penn in Iran but didn't realize his camera had been confiscated.

The actor of 'Mystic River', said he is here to cover the June 17 presidential election for the San Francisco Chronicle. link

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Acording to the TV report, his camera was soon returned to him. That is a fact I fing truly amazing; usually the camera is just smashed, at least at the protests I've been at in the US.

new topics

top topics

join