It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Favorite alcoholic beverage.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Which BTW reminds me of a Korean raw beef & pine nut dish I had one evening, accompanied by much sake.

I was awake at 3am the following morning, with the most amazing hallucinations.

Who needs fugu fish anyway?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I like to drink Sake, but only when I visit one of my favorite restraunts, Benihana.

BENIHANA SAKE

Sak� is a clear alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice which contains about 16 percent alcohol. In English, sak� is translated as "rice wine," however it is not actually wine since it is not made from grapes. Like beer it is made from grain and is brewed, however, it is not carbonated. Sak�, like wine, has many different varieties and is evaluated by its quality and grade.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I remember drinking red wine, shoju and beer all in 1 night the amamzing thing was i wasnt drunk, i had 4 cans of Carlsberg 5 glasses of wine and 3-4 tumblers of Shoju and i wasnt even tumbling!

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by drunk]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
drunk

Or that is your recollection.

I would want the back-up of at least five corroborating witnesses, one sober.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
When it comes to booze i never lie, i know how much i had that nite and it wasnt enough! I was with 2 Japanese girls as well!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
sake has its charms (it tends to hit you because it's warm) but I remain defeated by the Japanese hierachy of sake - to me they're pretty much the same, whatever the price.
Shoju is Korean and to be preferred to bai jiu -the Chinese version -but it's pretty strong (lethal in fact) and the Koreans, like Japs and Chinese are obsessed with downing it in one.
They drink to get drunk: that simple - it's practically a professional duty among Japanese sararimen.
They will quite happily challenge a white to a drinking contest at first sight in a bar -and always look disgruntled when you drink them under the table (especially when you're with the peasants and it's beer).

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
When Estragon first wandered among the Yellow Peril, it used to break his heart to watch a couple of Japs drinking a bottle of fine Remy as if it were 100-yen "big bottle" beer: but it's what they do and the more expensive the liquor you're wasting -the more face you've got! Hence the wisdom of joining in!
Heads are seldom right, out here.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The best beer in the world:

Belgium Hoegaarden, with a twist of lemon

Or belgium Palm beer:

Hmm...Belgium special beers are the best in the world

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles
Not that this necessarily fits into the stream of this thread, but I just read this....

www.suntimes.com...

WEST POINT, Ky.--Nearly all of the fish in a creek near a whiskey warehouse have died since fire destroyed the building and spilled its contents last week, and state officials have cited owner Jim Beam.

Lightning set the warehouse on fire on Aug. 4, and more than 800,000 gallons of burning bourbon flowed into a retaining pond and then into the creek.

State officials were investigating whether a larger fish kill downstream in the Salt River also is attributable to bourbon in the water.

Jim Beam will be asked to reimburse the state for money spent responding to the fire and cleaning up the affected waterways. Those costs have yet to be calculated.

In 2000, a fire destroyed a Wild Turkey warehouse, causing a spill into the Kentucky River that killed hundreds of thousands of fish. Wild Turkey paid $256,000.

AP

beergoggles, yeah I thought about posting this but being so local, I wasn't sure if it was news to the rest of the world. The Wild Turkey fire was much worse as high winds spread the fire to several different warehouses. I drove by the site shortly after. It was estimated that a third of the world's bourbon burned up in that fire. I hate that it killed all those fish ..but what a way to go huh?

Our local news covered both and seeing the footage from the fire earlier this week, its amazing how white hot that stuff burns. Thankfully, calm weather conditions, even in the face of the lightening storm (thanks a lot HAARP) let firefighters confine this one to one building but it was, as expected a total loss.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hey Zion, I've got one of those Hoegaarden glasses in my kitchen! It truly is a wonderful beer.

The above beer is a Belgian variety known as Leffe. It comes from one of only around a dozen remaining abbey breweries in Europe. This stuff if a real man's beer. My friends and I had a great time drinking this stuff when we went to the South of France with our school's art department. We bought the 8.4% Vol. variety unknowingly, but we didn't regreet it.

Do yourselves a favour and try Breton Cider if ever you get the chance, especially farm brewed cider from the Finist�re region of Brittany.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
just try and guess mine

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Krazy

It is obviously moonshine.

zed

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
sake has its charms (it tends to hit you because it's warm) but I remain defeated by the Japanese hierachy of sake - to me they're pretty much the same, whatever the price.
I wouldn't go that far. The cheap stuff you can get at the 'conbini' is foul that stuff that is almost garunteed to give a hangover but the goodstuff goes down well and ihas never given me a hangover.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
yea check this out guys another one from along time ago just like the one i started now i feel stupid.....

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bacardi and coke rules. Of course if I don't have a lot of money, I'll settle for beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join