It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Remove Evidence of Climate Change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Through a report which surfaced this week in the New York Times, a White House official, who once worked for the American Petroleum Institute, has repeatedly edited government climate reports in a way that downplays links between greenhouse gas emissions and global warming. Today according to a CNN.com report that same official has stepped down.

CNN.com Full Article Link

A former oil industry lobbyist who changed government reports on global warming has resigned in a long-planned departure, the White House said Saturday.

Philip Cooney, who was chief of staff of the White House Council on Environmental Quality, left Friday, two days after it was revealed that he had edited administration reports on climate change in 2002 and 2003.

His departure was "completely unrelated" to the disclosure, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

"Mr. Cooney has long been considering his options following four years of service to the administration," she said. "He'd accumulated many weeks of leave and decided to resign and take the summer off to spend time with his family."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The disturbing allegation made by the New York times report is that Cooney made handwritten notes on drafts of several reports issued in 2002 and 2003, removing or adjusting language on climate research.

A former American Petroleum Institute official becomes a White House official in the Bush administration and edits critical climate reports?

Do the math people!

The science community is divided on many aspects regarding global climate. But many agree on the impact global warming is having and will continue to have on our climate.

Will we ever know what was edited?... Better yet why?

And most of all.. who ordered the editing if anyone?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think that it wont matter anymore soon who said what and who approved that.

Mother Nature will take care of it - I mean take care of US.

And I mean ALL OF US.

And that is what these Greedy Men dont take into their account - they always seem to forget the "Nature Factor".

And they seem to forget that we are ALL in the SAME BOAT - Togather.

Too bad - I really like this Planet....

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Why would they edit such a thing?

I think it's because they're the ones most responsible. If you think about it, how many things does the governement develop and test each day? And how many secret aircraft which can go above Mach 3.5 fly everyday? I would think that exhume's our government's guiltiness. One would assume these planes use a crapload of fuel, which all the products, end up in our atmosphere. So that's my theory as to why they changed the reports.

Now they can go,
"Well, the reports said ... Which means we can develop some more stuff without worry of our climat."

dh

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Global warming is mostly a factor of the upturning of the resonnce factor. The earth is resonating faster and faster since its steady state up to the mid-1980s
The Schumann resonance factor, the vibration of the Earth and possibly the Solar system is raised from a steady 7 Herz to a factor of 12
Like microwave cookery, we're bound to see a global warming

[edit on 12-6-2005 by dh]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Are we bound to FEEL it though? I'm very ignorant and careless as far as climate and nature go

Because God said he wouldn't destroy the earth until the Revelation, so I'm not worried at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Are we bound to FEEL it though? I'm very ignorant and careless as far as climate and nature go

Because God said he wouldn't destroy the earth until the Revelation, so I'm not worried at all.

Check out the "summertime" weather in Europe. Europe is unusually cool this summer, and is having snowfall etc in some lower elevations. A result of "global warming". The sea currents and air currents change temperature's diverting water flows, et al.

You state you are ignorant and careless as far as nature and climate. Man is helping fullfill revelation by destroying nature and the environment.

Soon mother nature will shake man off this planet like a dog shakes off the rain water.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Will we ever know what was edited?... Better yet why?

And most of all.. who ordered the editing if anyone?

Many consider emissions created by burning fossil fuels and deforestation main causes in global warning. I think there may be a link here.

We must assume that the documents were edited to make things appear better than they really are....what would be the point in making things look worse? In that case it becomes a matter of protecting an image of who ever is responsible.

In this case, a major responsible party would be the industries producing and using these fossil fuels on a grand scale. It is easy to imagine a white house official with ties to the petroleum industry editing these documents for personal gain or from pressure by his former companions in the industry.

www.pewclimate.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It is easy to imagine a white house official with ties to the petroleum industry editing these documents for personal gain or from pressure by his former companions in the industry.

Yea, the buck stops at both the Oval Office and the Naval Observatory.

Two oil men sticking their heads in the sand about the situation. It is amazing to me that these guys don't get smart and have their industries take the lead in developing better more efficient fuel. Just like GM should be taking the lead in producing much more efficient vehicles.

GM should also take the lead in getting the government to develop a top notch rail and transportation system. Just think of all the train engines GM could develop. It wouldn't be laying off people for making terribly inefficient automobiles. The ones who should be laid off is management and their salaries. Bet you could lay off 10 big bosses and save 1,000 jobs.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What's crazy is, a couple summers ago, I was in Russia, and tempuratures almost reached 40 degrees Celcius, that's about 100 degrees F. In the winter, they reaches around 10 degrees F. That's pretty crazy how the tempurature can vary that much. Is that due to global warming?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think there are probably several natural reasons for the abnormal temperatures that we have sometimes experienced, but it does seem that global warming has something to do with increased temperatures.

www.cru.uea.ac.uk...

'most of the observed warming over the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations.'
The 1990s were the warmest decade in the series. The warmest year of the entire series has been 1998, with a temperature of 0.58°C above the 1961-90 mean. Nine of the ten warmest years in the series have now occurred in the past ten years (1995-2004). The only year in the last ten not among the warmest ten is 1996

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Firstly, I don't think the New York Times should be calling people out for making up stories.

That being said, I think it's fairly incosequential, since the reports were between 2002 and 2003, any evidnce of drastic climactic change would've been self evident in the subsequent years. The fact that he was related to oil industry interests means he probably doctored reports on oil level and the extraction's effect on the surrounding environment. Granted he would be in a position to know of drastic climactic changes however I fail to see how he would be able to cover up the findings of other governments.

In my personal opinion, I think we're going to blow ourselves up, starve to death, or get hit by an asteroid before the weather gets us

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

Actually God said he wouldn't destroy it by flood any more. No mention about anything til Revelations. Revelations just marks the transition from our messed up world to paradise.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Link

A senior White House official accused of doctoring government reports on climate change to play down the link between greenhouse gas emissions and global warming has taken a job with ExxonMobil, the world's largest oil company.

Philip Cooney, who resigned as chief of staff of the White House council on environment quality at the weekend, will begin work at the oil giant in the autumn.

Politicians and environmental groups in Washington condemned the move yesterday. "At a minimum it creates a terrible appearance," said Henry Waxman, a Democratic Congressman who sits on the committee for government reform. "This is one of the fastest revolving doors I have seen."

So he leaves... after a "long-planned" departure.. and back into one of the top positions with ExxonMobil?

Hmmm.

I think this one is going by and no one cares about it.

If they can pull this off maybe.. they can do almost anything and get away with it... Perhaps even start a war on manufactured eveidence?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Related news?

Full Article Link

Mark Townsend in New York
Sunday June 19, 2005
The Observer

Extraordinary efforts by the White House to scupper Britain's attempts to tackle global warming have been revealed in leaked US government documents obtained by The Observer.
These papers - part of the Bush administration's submission to the G8 action plan for Gleneagles next month - show how the United States, over the past two months, has been secretly undermining Tony Blair's proposals to tackle climate change.

The documents obtained by The Observer represent an attempt by the Bush administration to undermine completely the science of climate change and show that the US position has hardened during the G8 negotiations. They also reveal that the White House has withdrawn from a crucial United Nations commitment to stabilise greenhouse gas emissions.

The documents show that Washington officials:

· Removed all reference to the fact that climate change is a 'serious threat to human health and to ecosystems';

· Deleted any suggestion that global warming has already started;

· Expunged any suggestion that human activity was to blame for climate change.

Is the truth being exposed here?

Will anyone ever be held accountable for these issues?

Have any laws been broken?

Does anyone care?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think that there are a few good reasons why the government would try to "edit" these reports.
One as mentioned before was the planes and other aircrafts that are being tested do use up alot of fuel, and they certainly don't want to lose their new projects.
Another is that some(or most) of Bush's "gifts" come from the oil companies. If he were to lose this money he would have to go somewhere else to get all that he needs for whatever it is he does.

join