It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is BBC News UK saying nothing about Black people on Portugal beach rampage? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would like your opinion about why is BBC News Uk not saying that the beach rampage youth were blacks?

news.bbc.co.uk
Some 500 youths, mainly teenagers, have raided a popular beach near Lisbon spreading panic among beachgoers and mugging a large number of people.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

if you want additional info go to the link
www.belowtopsecret.com...

If any of you ask to a portuguese they will say in the spot:
-" the youth on the beach rampage were black" Did they BBC UK saw the photos and the footage? If they are black why not say so?

Crustas

[edit on 12-6-2005 by crustas]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So? They didnt say they were not black either.

They ARE teenagers so nothing the report says is inaccurate. I think the only reason you'd be so up in arms is because you dont like black people. No?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What i am trying to say is that black people is big problem in Portugal, and they are getting organized, it's not easy to organize a mob with 500 people being of different and rival gangs, so it almost criminal association wich is very dangerous, in the actual laws of USA it could be almost terrorism for disturbing citizens life, peace and turism which is a big bussiness here($$$$$).
I'd supose that BBC News Uk what's to be political correct or does not want to put pressure on the portuguese government to fast solve this internal problem, because a great number of the turists are from UK.
By saying "...mainly teenagers...." puts everybody in the same bag sounds very ambiguous.

We can't allways be in the middle and not to choose sides. If it's black's say it, if it is white than say it, because that makes difference.

Crustas

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What difference does it make what race they are? They are criminals and should be treat the same way as white teenagers should. Law is meant to be colour blind so who cares if they are all black or puple with green stripes?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This thread needs to be moved.......

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The BBC didn't say they had two eyes, or ten toes either. Or whether they wore matching swim trunks. Maybe the color of their skin wasn't relevant to the story? You obviously think it was. I don't know anything about race relations in Portugal, but maybe sometimes a crimminal is just a crimminal.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This thread needs to be moved.......

More like re-moved.

*sniff sniff* I smell a frontstormer.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wonder what the BBC news Uk would have said if for example in the Commonwealth Day a bunch of 500 teens, jamaicans and other africans rushed into the streets hitting and robbing peacefull families with kids?

Would had they said the same? Do you?

Crustas

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with the Africans that are pouring into Europe. After all, they need to make money somehow.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't think the BBC really gives a damn what the colour of someones skin is. It's that simple nor do they show any photos to back it up being black people (if they were to claim that) as I doubt they give a damn about Portugal and the state of that Nation at this present moment in time.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One thing the report pointed out was that the members were from the poor parts of the town. Its just demographics, if you took a racial profile of the population of the poorest part of the town it would closely match the demographics of the raiders.

Transference of blame, the cause lies with the poverty and organised crime or gangs.

Close this thread Mods!
No from me BIAS.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wouldnt go that fair Odium. The BBC does give a damn about Portugal and the events therein.

Maybe there were no photo graphs shown due to the fact that there were no photographs taken. I highly doubt the Portugese BBC correspondent was at hand with his camera for the incident.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What evidence is there that this was a racially motivated attack? None. That being so, what does it matter what color the attackers were? As someone else said, the law is (or should be) colorblind.

This thread does not belong here.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Please continue this discussion in the following thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Closing Thread

top topics

join