It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Catfish real????????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.robmatherly.com...

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Boatphone]

Sorry broken link...mods please get ride of this post, sorry.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Could be, I have seen one that was even bigger than that one.
Bull Shoals lake has several where their mouths are bigger than garbage can lids. Pretty scary.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If your talking about this pic, then no, I think it was proven to be a hoax!

www.funny-games.biz...

Now, if your talking about this one, then yeah, it is real and a record.

www.cnn.com...

They were going to transfer it to an aquarium at a Cabelas, or someplace similar, but saddly it died before it could be transfered. Probably due to the stress and age of the fish. It is amazing how large these "cats" can get. Pretty scary when you think about the monsters that could be lurking at the bottom of some of our rivers or lakes.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think this link has the same pic as yours but it adds some info about the Wels. I have an old book about fish that shows one that looks to be about 10'-12' long.

www.thejump.net...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks to you both.

That second pic is awesome!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you like the big catfish theres also this guy from Asia called the Mekong catfish.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DB Cooper
If you like the big catfish theres also this guy from Asia called the Mekong catfish.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Here is a page with a bunch of Mekong Catfish pics. Some of them are fraqin huge!

Big Catfish Pic Page

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Then you get those damn noodlers

imagine reaching into a hole and having one of those bite down on ya. good luck bringing it up!

Noodling

Noodling for Catfish

[edit on 12-6-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yes, the catfish with the 2 guys holding it is real.
It's a Wells Catfish, and they get bigger than that.
So unless you have a CLUE about what your going to type out, then keep it to yourself skychief, because if you knew a blue cat from a wells, you'd know it was a wells cat the guys are holding the minute you saw it.
I've been fishing since I was 4, mainly FOR catfish, so stop the nonsense.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
And the blue cat you listed is a record for Illinois (I live here) and the US, possibly the world IGFA record as well, but there are MANY big catfish, that grow to be as large.

Flathead cats
Blue cats
Wells catfish
Mekong catfish

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The biggest Catfist ive caught was 12lbs in Kentucky Lake. still it was a big ugly mo fo.

Where are Wells catfish found.? US.? Russia.?

I wanna catch one.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Wels are in Europe but I think the real big ones are kind of rare now days.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i believe that catfish was caught in lake texoma
found an article on it here im a catfisherman my self so far mi bigest catch is an 18 lb blue cat see yall later

urbanlegends.about.com/.../bl_2004_catfish.htm

[edit on 21-4-2007 by cat daddy]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't know if it's real or not. Judging by the men's expressions, probably not. However, when the state of Texas first put a bridge across the Trinity River in Riverside,Texas, the first crew they sent to do it refused to. They claimed that they saw fish as big a Volkswagons on the bottom of the Trinity River.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Speaker, that is a well known urban legend. A lake here in Nebraska has the same story, except it was a crew making repairs to a dam. I also heard the same story from some locals in the Ozarks.

It's probably somewhat true, but who really knows where it may have originated.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I did some research today to see if I could find if that photo was a hoax or not.. I didnt come across anything that could validate that picture.. But looks real enough..
You want to see a really big cat fish here you go.
Mekong Giant Catfish
news.nationalgeographic.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Now that would be one hell of a catch!! pardon my french but its how us outdoors types talk about fishin! Hell Im just happy to be out in nature with a few friends and some cold ones

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Speaker, that is a well known urban legend. A lake here in Nebraska has the same story, except it was a crew making repairs to a dam. I also heard the same story from some locals in the Ozarks.

I don't know about it being an "urban legend" or what not, but it is something I heard. It seems to me that everything people find hard to believe gets labeled an "urban legend," so I don't throw that term around much.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

I qualified your statement with my second sentence.

Such stories pop up all over the country in countless rivers and lakes and reservoirs, often with details startlingly similar to the ones from Elephant Butte - but this shouldn't make us think any less of our stories.

Our stories may be unproven. They may lack physical evidence or firsthand witnesses, and they may have every hallmark of an urban legend, but they do have one thing going for them: Nowhere else in America are the fabled catfish ever so big.

From here

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Searching urban legends can be fun.
I found this : Link

Pretty neat, I thought.

Lex

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yeah the urban myths of Leprechauns in the hood have me lmao!

They are serious to when they see some crack head in the trees!!!

Oh lets not forget the Candyman!!!
I think if a hood needs a creature to mess with them, those little critters are the ones in our governments.. Are those gremlins? Oh wait they are called congress..

Mockin and scoffin! oh yah!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join