It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick 'How Dare You Call Me Christian' Cheney Keeping Howard Dean in the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Governor Dean must be doing something right if the vice president of the United States would stoop so low as to use the governor's mother as a way to deflect from answering the concerns of the American people," DNC spokeswoman Finney said Sunday. "It's no wonder President Bush's approval ratings are at an all-time low."

Apparently outraged over being called white...

Cheney Criticizes Dean, Questions His Mother's Love, Remains Unaware Vermont is a State

WASHINGTON - Howard Dean is "over the top," Vice President Dick Cheney says, calling the Democrats' chairman "not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party."

"I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell," Cheney said in an interview to be aired Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

Dean was elected governor of Vermont five times between 1992 and 2000.

Howard Dean, who can routinely be found body surfing his way through adoring throngs of well wishers, is yet to respond America's creepy Uncle Fester, who can routinely be caught in "over the top" misstatements and blatant lies.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

He's never won anything, as best I can tell," Cheney said in an interview to be aired Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

Dean was elected governor of Vermont five times between 1992 and 2000.

Why does he blatently lie all the time? Like the time he said he never met Edwards before the debates, or that Saddam was a threat. Is he just used to no one holding him accountible? Hubris?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why does he blatently lie all the time? Like the time he said he never met Edwards before the debates, or that Saddam was a threat. Is he just used to no one holding him accountible? Hubris?

Basically...

All Dean said was that the republicans were "pretty much" a white christian party, apparently this truth enrages Cheney so much that he's talking about Dean's momma! Someone hit a nerve methinks.

[edit on 6/12/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Basically...

All Dean said was that the republicans were "pretty much" a white christian party, apparently this truth enrages Cheney so much that he's talking about Dean's momma! Someone hit a nerve methinks.

Apparently, Cheney can't handle the truth...

Calling his gay daughter gay?! Calling white people white?! Calling Christians.. well, Christians?!

It's amazing. Someone tells the truth and the world is outraged. So many lies are told and the silence is deafening.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Although Cheney is not the brightest around I don't think too much of Dean either. As far as labeling one party as "all white, all christian", that is just good old fashioned mud slinging that most intelligent folks can see through. The democrats have their share of problems and should not be so quick to through stones while sitting in a glass house of their own.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
Although Cheney is not the brightest around I don't think too much of Dean either. As far as labeling one party as "all white, all christian", that is just good old fashioned mud slinging that most intelligent folks can see through. The democrats have their share of problems and should not be so quick to through stones while sitting in a glass house of their own.

Nice try! He didn't say it was an "all white" "all Christian" party. He said that it was "pretty much a white Christian party"

WHICH IT IS!

White Christian is not a derogatory statement, no matter how hard you want it to be. Once again I'll remind you that Dean is a white Christian. The fact that the republicans cater mostly to white Christians while pretending like the other americans don't exist is nothing new.

You are also wrong about Cheney, for he is certainly not stupid...in fact he's smart enough to see Dean as a threat, for he has been playing the same game, except with LIES. And when Dick Cheney is attempting to be the voice of proper political etiquitte, I think that says Howard is doing a mighty fine job.

Meanwhile there are other issues building that most Americans choose to dismiss because of ignorance or hypocracy...or even a mixture of both! But go back to sleep America, the MJ verdict is coming soon and then we can make some more fun of Dean afterwards for his candid HONESTY.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Howard Dean is keeping himself in the news with his vitriol. Shifting the attention to Dick Cheney is a cheap and tawdry attempt to make Dean look like a victim.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wonders how Hillary Clinton feels about Dean's ranting about the Republicans, considered that it was her father, a big-time Republican, worked hard all his life to put a roof over Hillary's head, feed her and gave money for her advanced schooling. If it hasn't been for her father, Hillary Rodham would be just another Goldwater girl who would never meet Bill Clinton, be his wife, mother, First Lady, a Senator and a potential Presidential candidate in 2008.

Funny, how things turned out for Hillary.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
I wonders how Hillary Clinton feels about Dean's ranting about the Republicans, considered that it was her father, a big-time Republican, worked hard all his life to put a roof over Hillary's head, feed her and gave money for her advanced schooling. If it hasn't been for her father, Hillary Rodham would be just another Goldwater girl who would never meet Bill Clinton, be his wife, mother, First Lady, a Senator and a potential Presidential candidate in 2008.

She's a centrist, and as such shares Dean's concerns about the Republican controlled nanny state's mismanagement and misdirection like most Americans post SchiavoGate.

And you besmirch Goldwater to put him in the same class as neo-Republicans. If you had taken his advice and "kick[ed] Falwell right in the ass" and out of your party instead handing the Dominionists the keys in 1964, she might still be a Republican.

As for now, you certainly can't blame anyone that's not a radical fringe authoritarian theocrat for recoiling from modern Republicanism with perfectly righteous indignation and disgust.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Howard Dean is keeping himself in the news with his vitriol. Shifting the attention to Dick Cheney is a cheap and tawdry attempt to make Dean look like a victim.

Umm...and who is trying to make an issue out of Dean? Dick is...

Give me a break

What is so crazy about stating the republicans are "pretty much a white Christian party?"

It's true no? I've heard much more lies made about liberals and democrats. I've heard a hell of a lot of untruths about the "homosexual agenda", I've heard SO MANY LIES about the war in Iraq that I can't even keep up. I've heard so much horsepoop about white men being "opressed". So many republicans screaming about affirmative action, so many republicans pissed off at Roe v. Wade (b/c of their Christian religion)...I could go on and on and on

Dean made a factual statement, and all the white Christian republicans are blowing it up, doing their best to make Dean look bad. While at the same time ignoring their own hypocracy.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Shifting the attention to Dick Cheney? How? By forcing him in front of a Fox News Crew and torturing him until he gives up confession about his true feelings about Howard Dean on national television?

Cheap and tawdry, yes... but not Dean.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050612/us_nm/politics_cheney_dc_2

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

Ohh, I'm sure she's on edge...and now considering to switch parties. I'm sure that she was in shock when she learned that the republican party was made up of a majority of white Christians

In fact I'm sure all white Christian democrats right now are thinking "Oh no! Am I on the wrong side, even Dick Cheney thinks Dean is 'over the top','" For all democrats (and republicans) have so much respect for Dick Cheney.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc

Shifting the attention to Dick Cheney? How? By forcing him in front of a Fox News Crew and torturing him until he gives up confession about his true feelings about Howard Dean on national television?

Cheap and tawdry, yes... but not Dean.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050612/us_nm/politics_cheney_dc_2

And Howard Dean showed real class in his nonresponse to Dick Cheney's forthcoming Prime Time Fox News attack on his mother.

Dean's recent remarks drew a rebuke from Vice President Dick Cheney in an interview to be aired Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes," according to the Associated Press.
Cheney called Dean "over the top" and "not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party," according to the Associated Press.

Asked by a reporter Sunday to reply to Cheney's criticisms, Dean said: "My view is that Fox News is a propaganda outlet of the Republican Party and that I don't comment on Fox News." The response drew applause from the room.

Then on the meat of the issue the GOP still refuses to address:

Charlotte.com

Quit attacking Dean's mother, reauthorize the Voting Rights Act measures set to expire in 2007 under Republican control and then it won't be nearly as hypocritical for the GOP to play token face time in minority churches will it?

Although the act is permanent, and the right to vote is protected by the 15th Amendment, certain provisions of the act were extended in 1982 and those parts expire in 2007 unless Congress re-authorizes the measure. These provisions include ones that ensure non-English speaking voters get assistance at polling places and another that requires jurisdictions with segregationist pasts to submit changes in election law to the U.S. Justice Department for approval.

The coalition is organizing a march and rally supporting renewal of some of the law's provisions on Aug. 6 in Atlanta, where President Lyndon Johnson signed the law 40 years ago. The group is leading a signature drive calling for the renewal of the act. Jackson said he plans to give President Bush a petition with 1 million signatures.

Do civil rights for everyone but white Christians expire in 2007? We either institutionalize less minority access to voting or reaffirm civil rights for all. It's up to the GOP. They run everything. Dean's just looking out for the rest of America. Somebody should.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by RANT]

new topics

top topics

join