It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old People and cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Im starting to get sick of some of the driving "talent" i see on the roads. Today i was almost run off the road twice by two different seniors. Does anyone agree with me something needs to be done?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
yep, yearly competency testing would be a good start.
Maybe higher curbs to keep em off the sidewalk too.
Had one thursday just back right into my friend's parked car broadside.
He took off after realizing what he did. the police are going to arrest him if he doesn't file a report and come forward.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes, I do despise the way old people drive. Plus I hate the way the old people get these kick @ss cars like ferraris and corvettes....WHAT IS AN OLD PERSON GOING TO DO WITH A FERRARI!!!!! I dont think he is going to use an exotic performance car to use its speed.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My friend saw the old man's cadillac in the lot today. She marched up to him and confronted him about the hit and run. He flat out denied it. That is until she mentioned the police and lawyer. Now he back peddles stating that he had the ac & radio on. He never heard the crash (or felt it too I suppose)...Turns out he is the brother of a famous local judge...old fart

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
They need annual eye-tests and medicals in Japan to renew their licences over the age of 70. They also have to display a brown/yellow (not sure of the color significence!!!) sticker similar to learner drivers green/yellow sticker, so as to distinguish themselves as senior drivers.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
old people need their own lanes on highways, and seperate roads.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Even though a separate road for the older people would be a good idea it would be very expensive. I like the Japanese idea of marking them like the new drivers that would definitely help out with trying to keep away with drivers like that. With the other comment on their cars i dont think they deserve to drive vehicles like a ferrari especially since they do not normally pass 50 and if they do they are all over the place, proveing my original point.

top topics

join