It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo's and the crucifixion of jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wow, the one i was thinking of was completely different, but i think i just have a bad memory or something. either way thats an awesome picture! does anyone know anything about it?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Maybe it was just a conceptual pic for the show??? Don't recall that one, but the style looks more modern than older periods... Possibly Spanish origin though, similar to El Greco, etc. ??? if genuinely period...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That's it Crisis!
They did a zoom of it so I think there was a little bit more to the image then that... I forget. It's just nice that people know which piece of art I am referring to now. Gazrok, I agree that it looks more modern. I just wish I could find the actual version somewhere. I'm not the only one who thinks this is an amazing piece of art right? I think it portrays the UFO/bible clash perspective perfectly which is why they waited till the end to show it.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm pretty familiar with genuine existing older art (featuring UFOs) though, and I've never seen it. Of course, I don't claim to have seen ALL of it, but there are many things lending to this just being a conceptual image for the show...such as showing Jesus from the back, etc. (which we simply haven't seen in older art).

If the artwork doesn't predate the public UFO phenomenon, then the influence can easily said to be modern pop culture...

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
of course the ufo's wanted to watch Jesus on the cross. UFO's are fallen angels, the ones who are of the devil who left heaven to mingle with the seed of man. They are nephilim, on earth they are half man half dark angel.
nephilim,grey,reptilian,ufo,draconian, they are all one in the same. Fallen angels.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by DMK25]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Then why do they use ships instead of wings? It seems their angel wings would be more convenient and lead to less crashes....

Simply put, the "fallen angel" theory just doesn't fit the evidence....and not because of the above....

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Mtskheta Crucifixion contains no UFOs. The two objects near the cross are an anthropomorphic representation of the Sun and the Moon shown in much the same way as in many other Byzantine Crucifixions.

Take some art history classes people...

Most of the crucifixions done in the Byzantine style show the same “objects” on either side of the cross. They are the Sun and the Moon, often represented with a human face or figure.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
why would fallen angels witness the crucifixition in plain site? Wouldn't they want the conseal their identity? If there were fallen angels in plain site, their cover would be blown and the truth would be out. So people are to fear UFO's because they fear not what they don't know. But if fallen angels would be in plain site, people would run for their lives. But that's another story.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well looking at all the sites it seems that since the UFO's were present for conception and birth they would follow right thru to death. OR there were a lot of comets to mark significant periods of Jesus life.

Generally I wish the artists had written down what they were showing...coming from an area with lots of artists (famous and not-so-famous) it is interesting to go to art shows or gallery openings and listen to what all the "experts" have to say about a painting or sculpture and then hear what the Artist was actually portraying. So often the two are no where near the same thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The Mtskheta Crucifixion contains no UFOs. The two objects near the cross are an anthropomorphic representation of the Sun and the Moon shown in much the same way as in many other Byzantine [Artistic Period soon after the fall of Rome] Crucifixions.

Very true, but that isn't the piece in question....

For reference of others, this is the Mtsheta Crucifixion:

Many other "UFO" paintings have a similar representation. But such symbolism isn't a ready explanation for other works...
I included it merely as a possibility of the painting he saw, before it was identified...and to provide other examples.

In the first painting I posted, they look more like lenticular clouds than UFOs.

In the last (I believe), it's probably a rock, not a saucer....

Some other interesting art...(some may have symbolism...)

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by superslicksh0es

[...]
I just wish I could find the actual version somewhere.
[...]

Err, could you maybe try e-mailing the people that ran the tv show and just ask them about it ?

... then come back and tell us all about it

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I did it for him....

On the website, got this response...

You Selected: Programming/Questions About Past Shows

QUESTION
Can I learn the name and location of a painting/name of the artist of a painting seen in a program on your channel?

ANSWER
Unfortunately, we cannot provide the source of any piece of footage seen in our programs. Our producers work with archive houses, museums, libraries and private collections in building these programs. Please watch the credits and acknowledgements at the program's finish for general information concerning footage acquisition.

I sent an e-mail anyhow....

The FAQ stated you cannot name a source for art featured etc. However, I would greatly like to know the source for this piece, shown during "UFO's In the Bible - What You Didn't Know".
You can see a pic of it here...
img18.echo.cx...

Thank you,
Gazrok

I'll let you know if I get a reply...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join