It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 5.6 Quake Rocks Anza, CA (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
At 8:41 local time this morning a magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck near Anza, CA, close to the border of Riverside and San Diego counties. The quake was at a depth of 13 miles, from preliminary reports, and numerous aftershocks are still being felt.

www.data.scec.org
www.data.scec.org...

Did you feel it?

Southern CA

Click on an earthquake on the above map for a zoomed-in view.

Magnitude = ? for new earthquakes until a magnitude is determined (takes 4-5 minutes).
Maps are updated within 1-5 minutes of an earthquake or once an hour.
(Smaller earthquakes in southern California are added after human processing,
which may take several hours.)
Brown lines are known hazardous faults and fault zones.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a significant local seismic event. The area where it hit is mostly rural, and it was pretty deep. I haven't heard any damage reports yet. There are special reports coming in now.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
had anyone looked at the real time forcast page for California before this happened -- I hadn't and was just wondering if it actually predicted it. It is the first earthquake since it went into effect isn't it??

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Man if I had not lived in Cali for four years(2 in El Cahone 2 in Long Beach) I might be concerned. SanD has so many small quakes like that, that most people who live there dont even notice them unless its a 7 or above. 4's and 5's are common occourances there.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A six gets a little attention- 5 or less isn't important to us unless it happens at 3 AM the morning you take the SAT. That happened to me with the Whittier quake a couple years ago. (Probably why I did so much better than everyone else despite not studying).

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I felt it this morning, though I'm in Hollywood so it wasn't so bad, it woke me up but didn't get me out of bed.

I'm a native LosAngelino so unless windows start exploding or stuff starts falling off the wall I pretty much stay put.

All in all not a bad way to wake up, sort of a soft rolling rocking sensation which I found more pleasant than my neighbors demon dogs yapping it up early on a sunday.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
According to Bible Codes ... Japan and California are both going to have massive 8.0 or higher magnitude EarthQuakes in 2006.

What i always asked myself was this ... with California always getting hit with Earthquakes and the threat of slipping right into the ocean, and tsunami's ... why would anyone want to live in California? You people buy these huge expensive houses and when the crapola hits the fan, do you think you will find a buyer for your house? no! you will lose you entire investment! You people need to make like Moses and Exudos Cali.

here is where the Bible Code proof is...

www.exudos2006.com

good luck!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What i always asked myself was this ... with California always getting hit with Earthquakes and the threat of slipping right into the ocean, and tsunami's ... why would anyone want to live in California?

Because California Rules! We barbecue on Christmas morning, we've got beaches, skiing, and just plain gorgeous country.

Also, I'm no scientist but california isn't actually going to drop into the ocean, I think unless it's hit by a big ass meteor it'll be fine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the worst thing that could happen to California in a massive earthquake is that it ends up becoming an island or something and even that's a stretch? IT would certainly have to be a double digit hit.

Man, property values would go through the roof!

I'm not worried about it; all in all living in California is no more dangerous than living in flood or hurricane or tornado country.

You just exchange one form of possible natural disaster for another.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
with California always getting hit with Earthquakes and the threat of slipping right into the ocean

Erm... Cali isn't going to slip into the ocean. In fact, it's heading more or less Eastward (AWAY from the ocean.) The two plates that meet there are pushing into each other, hence the formation of the Rocky Mountains.

new topics

top topics

join